Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In The Rural Area - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In The Rural Area (414 Views)

Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / The Alarming Statistic Of Paternity Fraud In Nigeria – Are You Your Baby’s Daddy / The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In The Rural Area by Tolupride(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2016
The alarming rate of teenage pregnancy in the Rural areas

The incessant increase in the rate of teenage pregnancy in the Rural area is so alarming and obnoxious, this societal problem is as dangerous and damaging as other social vices e.g Cultism, Drug, thuggery etc

This societal abnormality as begin to seems normal in the Rural areas, this problem is not peculiar to the Rural area, but the recent rise in the rate of teenage pregnancy in that part is unprecedented

My recent visit to my village,in the Yuletide mood expose me to another dimension of this vices, which got me pissed off.

Hardly can you see a girl in her early 20's and teens without having a baby or two out of wedlock, is so disheartening hearing stories of 14,15 years old kids so exposed sexually, the moral bankruptcy of our youths both male and females is so injurious to our societal standing and status, Urgent measures are needed to be taken to avert the pending danger of this abnormality ...

Pointing out the problems without proposing solutions is fruitless, So in lieu of the aforementioned problem, these are the my proposed solutions

1. Including sex education in our secondary school syllabus

2. Organising seminars to orientate the youth about the danger and control of sex, the message should be
Targeted to both sexes, not just at the girls.

3. Parent have a lot of task in this context, by teaching and counselling their wards about the danger of tenage pregnancy and other moral lessons

4. The community as a whole as their part to play by reporting any suspicious dealings with underage girls and boys and also placing caution on them

5. The adult male are the major perpetrators of this evil act, by devilishly taking advantage of this tenage girls..knowing fully the pending danger it can cause to the girls career ambition and future, forgetting the girl can be their sisters, daughters, etc. adult males are advised to find conscience if they gat none, to find end to this societal problem. And Lastly

5. Criminalising the act of teenage pregnancy: I think this will go a long way in curbing this crises, by punishing the offender with a threat of imprisonment ,I think this will enable other youth take caution of this act knowing fully the punishment awaiting offenders...I think females have the potential of becoming whatever they desires, so we shouldn't allow the selfish act of some people ,with their desire of few minutes pleasure to ruin the future of our female children by taking advantage of their gullibility.

I think we all have our roles to play in curbing this crises..

Written by a concerned citizen..

Lamidi Sheriffdeen Toluwase.
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In The Rural Area by ken19: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2016
lemme park

(1) (Reply)

The Title Of His 1969 Book / Cleaning Windows Tips / A Passionate Call For Public Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.