Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Racism In Movie Studios - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Racism In Movie Studios (1137 Views)

Satan's Official Website Exposed In Movie / Be The Next Celebrity In(movie Talent Hunt) / Brazil Seeks Nigeria's Help In Movie Making. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racism In Movie Studios by No2Atheism(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
I just laugh and marvel at Black people who naively think that the Europeans or Arabs or Most non-white people have stopped being racist just because we are in the 21st century.

The reality is that racism is institutionalised and thus hidden from view of the general public hence people think there is no more racism.

One of the foundations of European wealth and power is active but hidden racism . . .hence only a naive person would for once think racism can be stopped without having to do something the is bound to hurt the feelings of Racist people in general.

Below is the Image showing how racist the World still.

CHECK THE PICTURES AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS DIFFERENT IN THE PICTURES.  grin grin grin

Check out the excuse giving:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/15/couples-retreat-poster-in_n_358276.html

The studio said it regretted causing offence and has abandoned plans to use the revised poster in other countries,  A Universal spokesman said the revised advert aimed 'to simplify the poster to actors who are most recognisable in international markets'.

Re: Racism In Movie Studios by OBVIOUS(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
Whiteness Sells. ----- what about Twilight ?? undecided undecided
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by SeanT21(f): 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2009
It goes both ways. Blacks are not innocent either.
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 17, 2009
they're just trying to provoke people.

like anyone cares an unknown black man was edited from the cover?

Would they have the guts or foolishness to remove a photo of denzel, will smith or halle berry?

someone in their studio is trying to incite nonsense over an unknown and possibly lack luster movie, thats all. plus boost their ratings.
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by iice(f): 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
tpia.:

Would they have the guts or foolishness to remove a photo of denzel, will smith or halle berry?

someone in their studio is trying to incite nonsense over an unknown and possibly lack luster movie, thats all. plus boost their ratings.

I agree
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by JeSoul(f): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2009
tpia.:

I think you hit the nail on the head. I smell a ratings stunt . . .
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by No2Atheism(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
JeSoul:

I think you hit the nail on the head. I smell a ratings stunt . . .

tpia.:

Off course they dare not touch the popular ones . . like denzel and co . . .its usually the small fish. . . that gets pounded and over looked.

The ratings angle is also quite logical . . .it sounds twisted but its quite plausible that they are actually trying to boost the ratings of the film by deceptively touching on racial sensitivities.
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by tanimz(f): 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2009
Only God knows when racism would end abroad,
Re: Racism In Movie Studios by MadMax1(f): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
Not sure this was a stunt. Could backfire too easy. But anything's possible with these studios.

(1) (Reply)

“tango With Me” Starring Genevieve Nnaji Set To Premiere This Sunday. [trailer] / Nollywood Movies Promote Superstition. / Odunlade Adekola Vs Femi Adebayo......who Do You Think Is The Best??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.