Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,503 members, 7,847,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Should Christians Be Lawyers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Be Lawyers? (429 Views)

Should Christians Pray For Some Enemies to Die? / Should Christians Support Israel? / Apostle Suleman To Appear Before DSS With 30 Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Be Lawyers? by Godfather898989: 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yesterday a lawyer was made a member of governing council where I attend sunday services,that made me very uncomfortable due to the nature of His job,Is it right for a christian to be a lawyer?Biko enlighthen me my people pls.
Re: Should Christians Be Lawyers? by mrsough(m): 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sure, I see no reason why christians shouldn't be. Even in the bible, lawyers exist
Re: Should Christians Be Lawyers? by dingbang(m): 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Of course it is right for a christian to be a lawyer. The lord loves justice and anyone who upholds justice is blessed by him.
Re: Should Christians Be Lawyers? by Certitude(m): 6:50am On Dec 20, 2016
Yea. You don't understand the nature of their job. It goes far beyond defending one in court.
When one commits a crime and own up to his lawyer, such info is meant to be confidential. Exposing it might be the real sin. Moreover, they are not saying that "this nigga never comitted this crime." They are saying "give us reasons to believe he actually did."
Re: Should Christians Be Lawyers? by orisa37: 8:40am On Dec 20, 2016
Yes. Knowledge of Laws is a Light of God.
Re: Should Christians Be Lawyers? by Niflheim(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2016
@OP,

If christians can defend a "genocidal god" as a loving father, or if christians can defend pedophiles bty transferring them to new parishes(Catholics), then I don't see anything wrong with christians being lawyers!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Be Lawyers? by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
NO!

Christians should be wearing the cheapest cloth, poor, and homeless.

Mark 10:25 - it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:15 - And he said to them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Matthew 19:21 - Jesus said to him, if thou will be perfect, go and sell al that thou hast,and give to the poor, and tho shall have treasure in heaven, and come and follow me.

They shouldn't defend themselves against any accusation.

Matthew 5:39 - But I say unto you, that ye not resist evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Christians should be living an ascetic life.

(1) (Reply)

Aba Pastor Sacked For Participating In MMM / What Is The Place Of Burning Bowl Ritual In Christianity? / Worst Leadership Is In The Church, We Need To Do Better – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.