Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Has Lost Its Culture? 'tunexclusive.com' - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Think Nigeria Has Lost Its Culture? 'tunexclusive.com' (403 Views)

I Think Nigeria Is A Good Country / Which Town In SW Nigeria Has The Best Looking People? / Which State In Nigeria Has The Tallest And Shortest People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Nigeria Has Lost Its Culture? 'tunexclusive.com' by Tunexclusive(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
In a country with over 250 ethnic groups, you would expect a lot but do you think NAIJA (Nigeria) has lost its culture? This lovely weekend, I took time out to find answers to this question and I got this:

Bello Wali, a student was the first person I met
Me: Do you think Naija has lost its culture?
Bello: yes
Me: why would you say yes?
Bello: Because western culture has taken over and if I may ask you, when was the last time you wore a kaftan (a gown worn by men)? Umar, a medical student said yes to my question. His reason was simple and a bit complicated; it is obvious he said.
Asmau said yes. When asked why, she answered “we have forgotten most part of our culture and will most likely forget the rest”. Bold answer there!
Rita's answer was simple and straight to the point, “look around you and answer the question yourself”.

As for me, I think its yes too, what do you think?
From http://tunexclusive.com
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Has Lost Its Culture? 'tunexclusive.com' by dingbang(m): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
The day i can say nigeria has lost her culture is when i see a sane young lady walking unclad in public.

(1) (Reply)

From 16th- And 18th-century Prizefights / The World's Most Accessible And Practised / New,,look,,,but,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.