Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam (1929 Views)

Gionee M7 Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Prices Of Iphone 7 And Iphone 7 Plus In Nigeria - Jumia, Konga And Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by powerdiode(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
SLOT NIGERIA INSURANCE SCHEME IS A SCAM

I bought an Infinix note 2 from slot and insured, the screen got broken and I took it to slot on 12-11-16 for repair. ... after a month(15-12-16) I went to slot and to my greatest surprise i was told my phone was rejected for insurance that there is liquid in the phone that I have to pay 19,000NGN.... Ha ha, the phone that was working perfectly before I brought it to slot and still working it just had a broken screen which require change. To me, slot use this useless excuse to not replace the screen.

1. Slot did not bother to inform the owner of the situation
2. The phone was tested by slot official before collection and working perfectly.
3. When I ask the slot guy why I was not informed before hand. He was just looking at me..... Imagine (slot insurance = waste of time + waste of money)

I can tell you 100% that slot insurance scheme is a SCAM and FRAUD.

slot insurance = waste of time + waste of money
1. To use this insurance you have to drop your phone for 14 - 21 working days (HABA, that is a month without your phone .... Which they know you won't want to do! So, you are dashing them the insurance money?)

2. Even when you have another backup phone and you drop the damage phone, their insurances service is poor, no update on your phone. This is wrong

3. If a phone insurance will be rejected why should one waste money in insuring it, why not go to the manufacturer support center and repair it.

Public kindly open your eye.. dont be fooled by the name SLOT. Selling phone is different from insurance.... Buy your phone. Put protective glass enjoy your phone ..... If it has issue take it to manufacturer support office .... If you want to insure it .... Use standard correct insurance company

SLOT INSURANCE IS FRAUD

Share to save people from falling victim of this INTENTIONAL SCAM

1 Like

Re: Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by Mrjo(m): 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Insured screen? Waste of m¤₦€¥

1 Like

Re: Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by Tjohnnay: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nt only slot

All shops nigerians things dey always diff

Useless country

2 Likes

Re: Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by francis247(m): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2016
OP, I've read numerous complaints of bitter experiences similar to yours about this slot phone insurance and have lost confidence in it because this is not how Samsung and other ADH insurance/warranty is done. But permit me to ask. Is the insurance free or paid for separately?
Re: Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by YceeTheBlogger: 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
itz paid for seperately..N500 i guess.
Re: Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by udemzyudex(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lol... when there is tampered glass, most Nigerians are not 100% sincere when it comes to business, whether big or small company, they are all the same.

1 Like

Re: Slot Screen Warranty Is A Fraud, 100% Scam by koluray: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2022
Well, this isn't just about slot, the carlcare screen insurance is just nothing but scam, you buy a new phone and first they ask u to update ND next they introduce u to screen insurance, and when ur screen gets broken u leave the phone with them, and after weeks thy tell u d insurance wasn't activated and bla bla, here is my irritating experience at MCris carlcare, I got two phones and decided to give a try on one of the two phones wrt screen insurance, when the one without insurance got broken, I simply took it to a local screen repair and they had it fixed for just 11,500 naira, I thought I wasted money but it got fixed within an hour.......when the insured phone got broken, I thought since it was insured it won't be hassle, I dropped d phone with them on 19th February 2022, this is 29th of April and it has been hell with them, I was angry enough to get my phone back two days ago when it almost seemed that the phone itself was missing. And this is the summary of what transpired between 19th February and 27th April....after dropping d phone with them I had to begin follow up, only to be told a few weeks later that there was a problem, they had to make me drive all d way only to tell me that their in-store carlcare agent that insured d screen did not register it on the system, and I told them since it was their staff , they should look for her, they did their best to conceal her identity saying she is no longer at their branch, that they can neither remember her name or phone number. But what they will do is to activate the screen insurance afresh and that being the case it will take up to a month to get activated on the system and my phone will not be fixed until after a month. At that I was furious and asked him to give me my phone then it said the phone is still at the head office . So i left the phone with them for over a month when I came back for my phone they said there was a new manager as we speak and they will look into the situation and get back to me. So three days ago I went back again and I insisted that I wanted my phone whether it repaired or not I'm less concerned. so after much deliberation one of them went and brought my phone just the same way I left it for them 3 month ago, nothing was done except telling various versions of incoherent stories. An absolute scam, I was just so lucky they hadn't lost d phone

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Aurora Specs & Price In Nigeria ( Jumia & Slot) / Fautless Iphone 7 For Sale / Etisalat Is Giving Out 150 Mb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.