Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigeria; How Long Should The World Wait - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria; How Long Should The World Wait (409 Views)

Please I Am Not In Nigeria How Can I Collect My WAEC Certificate? / Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' / While You Wait For Result, Admission, Nysc, Job.. Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria; How Long Should The World Wait by Joshmon(m): 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
NIGERIAN YOUTHS; HOW LONG SHOULD THE WORLD WAIT?

Looking back to when we were kids I remember how we craved to get older, to become a graduate, to get a job and start our families but 20 years down the line most youths still live under the comfort of their parents houses, still eat from the labour of mama and papa where reverse should be the case. This does not give glorification to those that leave their families as teenagers just for the sake of freedom as this expose youths to a lot of societal ills and vices which creeps in gradually and steals the gold and leaves the same in a state of pity. Nigeria usually known as the Giant of Africa possess the right kind of youths that can help move this nation to the point where the world will be painted in green and white colours, the other day I saw on one of the online news blog that the United Kingdom would implement laws that would stop young non-euro foreigners from working and schooling as they would require upon graduation from school to go back home and reapply for Visa, this meant that you’re only allowed to do one at a time and this gave me a reason to smile because sooner than later all those first class Nigerian graduates from expatriate higher institutions will soon begin to feel uneasy with the laws of such lands and would come back home to join hands to make Nigeria a place that will attract friends from far and wide. It is a shame that parents(mostly leaders) today do not provide conducive environment as their foreign counterparts for we the youths to harness our full potentials, from my own point of view, we the youths have been relegated to the back seat and watch while they grab the wheels and drive us to wherever they deem fit. It saddens my heart to see Nigerian Youths who had promising stars meant to shine brighter than a diamond now go dim and dark and eventually lead to untimely death or unfulfilled life. Too many Nigerian Youth remain in the illusion of Nicki Minaj,Bob Marley and the likes, truth is you cannot be more than what you are. Higher institutions have become a breeding ground for sophisticated prostitution, Streets turned into home of drug peddlers, addicts, hemp smokers and drunks. I see young people go to clubs on a weekly basis drinking and partying while their mates somewhere else is working tirelessly to see that he writes his name in gold on the sand of time, I’m forced to ask those that party all night and struggle all day what they party to because if you’re not partying to accomplishment then I guess you’re peddling backwards, Its time we the Nigerian Youth step-up and emulate young people from the other parts of the world who have initiated inventions that have helped to make this world better. We are yet to meet the standards set by our counterparts, when are we going to give the world a show, when will our embassies be flooded with foreigners who want to tap from the wealth of knowledge we possess and appreciate our contribution to the world? Yes I know we may have been doing well in the show business especially music, I have a question for the Davidos and the Wizkids, what are the plans for the future, do they think they’ll still be favoured in the clubs in the near future, when they stop making hit songs what will they live on, How long do they think Nigeria media will continue to sell papers show casing their outright arrogant wealth on Instagram or tweet fights on Twitter or even their controversial stories on the Facebook? I hope y’all take a cue from the likes of Majek Fashek and late OJB Jezreel all of which made it early in their careers but ended up living like puppets, seeking assistance from the public that once paid fine sums to see them perform; now everything has dwindled and vanished into thin air. Recently I was in a group of friends and one of us brought up the topic that only the educated ones are guaranteed success in life, we argued for hours and a few later took a U-turn on their initial intuition of equating success to education. Let me ask a question, was Steve Job educated before he became great or was education the key to Dangote’s success? I tell you education is good but it doesn’t make you better or more successful than an under educated person. All you need in Life is to believe in yourself, be assertive towards goal and never leave God out of your life, as important as education may seem to the Nigeria world it does not guarantee success, I’m yet to see a school that teaches how to become great or greatness itself, every great person we see and hear of today did 3 things that were never taught in school
1. They took risks
2. They perceived opportunities and fully harnessed the under tapped resources
3. They were all assertive towards goal
I Challenge my fellow Nigerian Youths not to give-in to the societal ills, stay away from social vices and stop being an instrument for political tussle, allow those who so crave for power to go out and fight for their places. The world waits on us to harness today’s potentials and past failures into prospective innovations. You do not have all the time in the world but you do have the entire world in your time to show-case your potentials.

Mr Josh.
Re: Nigeria; How Long Should The World Wait by Emmafman1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
owkkkk....
Re: Nigeria; How Long Should The World Wait by ojun50(m): 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Wen d word don tire to wait

(1) (Reply)

Financial Help / Economics Students, Let's Meet Here / Oau 2016/2017 Admission Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.