Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa (9160 Views)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / If You Are Studying Any Of This Course In Nigeria University, You Are Not In Sch / See The Ridiculous Notice I Saw At FUTA This Morning (pics) (2) (3) (4)

Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by oduology10(m): 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
Federal university of technology, Akure been the best university of technology in nigeria offers some lucrative courses but the amazing part is that futa is the only university in the whole west africa offering Meteorology And Climate Science as a course both in degree level and master's level. being the only varsity offering that course, foreign student are also been admitted, countries like south africa, tanzania, egypt etc.

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by alex81(m): 2:17am On Dec 20, 2016
so?

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by DesChyko: 4:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Okay... undecided

But what are we to do with this scant info?

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:16am On Dec 20, 2016
oduology10:
Federal university of technology, Akure been the best university of technology in nigeria offers some lucrative courses but the amazing part is that futa is the only university in the whole west africa offering Meteorology And Climate Science as a course both in degree level and master's level. being the only varsity offering that course, foreign student are also been admitted, countries like south africa, tanzania, egypt etc.
uni Agric abeokuta offer meteorology to, get ur fact right, u can as well check brochure, of visit the sch web

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2016
DesChyko:
Okay... undecided

But what are we to do with this scant info?
op lied, FUNAAB also offering metreology

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:21am On Dec 20, 2016
alex81:
so?
dont mind op, FUNAAB also offer metereology

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by betterABIAstate: 6:28am On Dec 20, 2016
Other schools over this course in another form.

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by master69(m): 7:29am On Dec 20, 2016
Futminna also offer dat course in Geography departmental(meteorology)

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
uni Agric abeokuta offer meteorology to, get ur fact right, u can as well check brochure, of visit the sch web
I can bet my father house that you are blind.

He said Meteorology & Climate Science

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Eleniyan15: 8:04am On Dec 20, 2016
who e epp

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
Do they also offer Climate Science?
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Donnetimmy(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Who cares!
where is the employment opportunity for courses like that

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2016
So
What are we suppose to do now undecided
Throw away our certificate or ogini

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by moshark06(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2016
this is why FUTA is unique among other universities in Nigeria the only university that accommodate a higher percentage of foreign students technology for self reliance!

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:34am On Dec 20, 2016
fados4sure:

i can bet on my mechanic shoe that u&ur father are dump, waitin consin u, they swear 4u?

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
i can bet on my mechanic shoe that u&ur father are dump

Don't bring my father into this

johnsonjosbles:
waitin consin u,

Kindly admit you don't understand the difference betweee Meteorology And Meteorology & Climate Science

johnsonjosbles:

they swear 4u?

No sir

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by LaClickLaBend: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2016
and so?

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by alex81(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2016
fados4sure:

Do they also offer Climate Science?

Ogbeni no offence but its d same thing irrespective of the course name.

Meteorology is the scientific study of the atmosphere that focuses on weather processes and forecasting.

and pls u don't have to insult someone to drive ur point. ds is a social forum plus a thread in d education section, behave like someone educated.

#

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by benzion72(m): 9:27am On Dec 20, 2016
Are you a JJC. UNAAB has being offering Meterology for the past 25 years. Pls what is lucrative about metrology. What is the prospect in it

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by oduology10(m): 9:46am On Dec 20, 2016
they offers both together
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2016
alex81:

Ogbeni no offence but its d same thing irrespective of the course name.

It is not the same sir

alex81:

Meteorology is the scientific study of the atmosphere that focuses on weather processes and forecasting.

Why climate is d weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period

alex81:
and pls u don't have to insult someone to drive ur point.

I didn't insult him. Just putting it to him dt there are nt d same. In my first degree, i study Polymer & some schools offer the course as Chemical/Polymer & was denied of a job dt require Chemical Eng

alex81:
ds is a social forum plus a thread in d education section, behave like someone educated.
#

For the fact that it is a social forum & in education section, dt is why we need to do our research privately before commenting considering the fact that students can use it time to come.
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by oduology10(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2016
u people are misquoting me, meteorology is different from met and climate science. and d interesting part is u dont av to suffer in d labour market cos university offering that course or related course ar nt much. u can work in d navy, army, airport, as a agro-meteorologist, regional planning based on climate nd so on.
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by betterABIAstate: 10:06am On Dec 20, 2016
oduology10:
u people are misquoting me, meteorology is different from met and climate science. and d interesting part is u dont av to suffer in d labour market cos university offering that course or related course ar nt much. u can work in d navy, army, airport, as a agro-meteorologist, regional planning based on climate nd so on.
all these illiterates from local futa.
Let me give you examples, some schools offer agricultural engineering as agricultural engineering and bioresource engineering (its the same thing they do)

Some schools offer botany as plant science and biotechnology (its the sane thing)

Some offer forestry as forestry and environmental management ( its the same thing)

its sound stupid to me to be studying meterology and climate science when meteorology as a course covers the word "climate science"

You people should use your brain for once

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by win10(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2016
Hey have seen this robotic pocket printer? if not read this:

Meet the world's first robotic pocket printer
http://www.techeda.com/meet-the-worlds-first-mini-robotic-pocket-printer/
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Silvereze(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by eitsei(m): 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
agrometereology is what funaab offers, so it's not the same
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by eitsei(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Let me give you examples, some schools offer agricultural engineering as agricultural engineering and bioresource engineering (its the same thing they do)

Some schools offer botany as plant science and biotechnology (its the sane thing)

Some offer forestry as forestry and environmental management ( its the same thing)

its sound stupid to me to be studying meterology and climate science when meteorology as a course covers the word "climate science"

plant science and botany maybe same thing but not with biotechnology, biotechnology is a different thing entirely

Forestry and forest management maybe same thing but not with environmental management, environmental management is different from forest management

What futa offers is metereology and climate science as a department is different from agrometereology that funaab does
It's just like saying hydrology and hydrogeology are same thing

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by betterABIAstate: 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
eitsei:
plant science and botany maybe same thing but not with biotechnology, biotechnology is a different thing entirely

Forestry and forest management maybe same thing but not with environmental management, environmental management is different from forest management

What futa offers is metereology and climate science as a department is different from agrometereology that funaab does
It's just like saying hydrology and hydrogeology are same thing
please stop this, in botany, you will also do plant biotechnology.

In forestry, you will cover environmental management (deforestation and afforestation etc)

You also cover climate science in any form of meterology
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by eitsei(m): 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
please stop this, in botany, you will also do plant biotechnology.

In forestry, you will cover environmental management (deforestation and afforestation etc)

You also cover climate science in any form of meterology
it's still not the same because you can't tell me plant biotechnology covers other aspects of biotechnology, same way you can't say medicine and surgery is the same as health science

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

FUTA illiterates are indeed surprising. Unilag offers civil engineering as civil and environmental engineering with the same syllabus. I don't understand our students anymore o.
Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by mikool007(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
hehe..... so you will be the only one looking for d job you'll do in d whole west africa

Re: Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa by betterABIAstate: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
eitsei:
it's still not the same because you can't tell me plant biotechnology covers other aspects of biotechnology, same way you can't say medicine and surgery is the same as health science
its the same curriculum, plant science/biotechnology and botany. Same as meterology and meterology/climate science

2018 DANGOTE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP (study In London) / ASUU Quits Pencom & Forms NUPENCO Over Fraud / Neco Agric Science Obj & Theory