Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? (566 Views)

Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University / FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University / God Has Given Me Admission After Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? by exlink10(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
Permit me to use the phrase one of Nairaland's frequent commenter uses, "I am not understanding". And that is exactly what am feeling right now. I went to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Ogun State to seek for admission in HND and they refused me admission because i have a post-dated result.

I must say am surprised as am confused at the same time. I have not really heard about post-dated result in my life before. I did my ND in Abia State Polytechnic and got 3.1 in CGP which is upper credit and I used my waec and neco result to combine when i entered for the ND. Though I only made English Language D7, Abia State Polytechnic gave me admission because i chose to read Computer Science.

So during my ND days, I didn't even like the idea of combination of result so i took GCE and cleared my papers. I even used my GCE result and ND result to apply for DE in FUTO which i got but in my 4th Year, i had a financial problem and i had to withdraw from school indefinitely and regrettably. But to my surprise now, When i went to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic to apply for HND, they need 5 credits including English in Computer Science. So I can't use my WAEC & NECO combined result because i had D7 in English. I opted to use my GCE which i cleared my papers but they refused.

Reason being that my GCE result is Post-dated result. Meaning that I got the result during or after my ND result. I can't understand this stupidity and i don't know what to do. This really defies logic for me and i don't understand the essence of this draconian approach.

My ND result dated 2010
My GCE result Dated 2010

Please lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy ishilove dominique ijebay and other wonderful admins, move to front page so that i can sort people's opinion before it too late for me. I really need to enter school this academic section.

Thanks all.
Re: Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? by maysimsimple(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2016
Are u still in abk? Maybe I can ask one of their staffs living in d same hood with me.
Re: Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? by exlink10(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2016
maysimsimple:
Are u still in abk? Maybe I can ask one of their staffs living in d same hood with me.

yes i am, you can help me verify

thanks
Re: Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? by wezzyjasified(m): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2016
probably what they meant is the GCE u wanted to use is the same year with ur nd result but I don't see how that matters oo as long as its genuine n u passed..
or maybe its against the sch rule of admission
Re: Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Refused Me Admission Cuz Of Post-dated Result - Why?? by exlink10(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2016
wezzyjasified:
probably what they meant is the GCE u wanted to use is the same year with ur nd result but I don't see how that matters oo as long as its genuine n u passed..
or maybe its against the sch rule of admission

yes thats what they mean but i cant see how that matters for God sake

(1) (Reply)

Masters In Law Before Law School / How To Balance Chemical Equations By Algebraic And Inspection Method / Rarebooks.com Book Club.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.