Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,468 members, 7,864,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

When Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / When Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? (969 Views)

Own a Tokunbo 1999 Volkswagen Passat @ 499k only! Cheapest in Naija! / 2003 EOD Up For Sale Infact The Cheapest In Town Remember 08038156694 / cheapest in town!!!!! Toyota 07 Camry In Port Harcourt!Call David 08174745947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? by Heffalump(m): 4:43am On Nov 17, 2009
Dear fellow Nairalanders, I just wanted to know what period of the year can one confidently say cars are bound to be cheap in the US. Really wanted to know bc of my future projections. Any input is welcomed.
Thanks.
Re: When Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? by shola75: 5:17am On Nov 17, 2009
My experience shows that any moment from now till the end of the year/January and parts of February. This is because it's has started getting cold now and you might not see a whole lot of lazy guys at the auction during this period. From March and April, expect the prices to go up because many Americans have money from Income tax, cars sales will boom which will push prices up. You know the law of demand and supply. I hope this is helpful, good luck.
Re: When Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? by KunleA2(m): 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2009
Heffalump:

Dear fellow Nairalanders, I just wanted to know what period of the year can one confidently say cars are bound to be cheap in the US. Really wanted to know bc of my future projections. Any input is welcomed.
Thanks.

Regardless of the time, the most important thing is for you to be realistic in your expectation. Dont expect some dramatic price drop especially for competitive cars like toyota/Honda. There is still a "blue book" value for all cars. While price might ease up, its not like its going to be like 50% drop. Because, any info in naija get twisted in a very wrong direction.

Good luck in your search.
Re: When Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? by platinumnk(f): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
Best time of the year to buy is the end of December, in most dealerships. Dealerships try to make specific quotas for end of month AND end of calendar year, and it is not a popular time to buy, so sales can slump seriously and they will try harder to make a sale, which means a better bargain. If you shy away from buying in the winter because of bad weather, think again: bad weather is when you WANT to be in the car, testing it’s foul weather capabilities.

Other good times of year to buy are end of August and end of September because the old models are taking up space on the dealership property, and they want to make room for the new models to come in. If your heart is not set on a brand new model, this is an excellent time to buy a perfectly good new car that happens to have been manufactured a few months earlier.

(1) (Reply)

Wanted:isuzu Axiom 2002 / Nissan Pathfinder 1999 Model 4 Sale / 2009 Honda Accord **coupe** Used $25,000 (n3.7m) Shipping Your Responsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.