Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN (6199 Views)

COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports / Screening Of Passengers Begin At Nigerian Airports Against Ebola Outbreak. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by RoyalMail: 11:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has assured members of the public, especially passengers and airline operators of hitch-free movement of passengers and cargo during the forthcoming Christmas.

A statement by FAAN on Tuesday in Abuja said necessary operational and security measures have been put in place at all airports across the country.The statement was signed by the Acting General Manager, Public Affairs of FAAN, Mrs Henrietta Yakubu.

Yakubu stated that the authority had also charged all Airport Managers to employ measures to ensure that only eligible persons had access to all restricted areas at the landside, terminals and airside.

She said that Bomb Detection Unit of the Nigeria Police Force had also been charged to be more alert to compliment the efforts of aviation security personnel at the security screening points.

“To reiterate her commitment to safety of lives and properties, the Federal Government through the Nigerian Airforce recently conducted Counter Terrorism Simulation live demonstration at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

“Passenger facilitation at all our airports has also been enhanced by the upgrade of power installations, installation of modern and bigger conveyor belts and metal walk-through detectors, servicing of lifts and escalators.

“Stringent measures are being taken to eradicate the menace of touts and other unwholesome activities around the terminals.’’

Yakubu noted that the expansion and modernisation of airport terminals had provided better ambience and more space for restaurants at the terminals, as well as newly opened duty free shops.

According to her, these provide duty-free shopping experience and help passengers relax comfortably while waiting for their flights.

“FAAN, however, advises air passengers to make early arrangements for their travels and to leave home early on their travel dates, in order to complete their boarding facilities in good time.

“We wish all passengers safe and enjoyable yuletide,’’ Yakubu added.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/nigerian-airports-ready-for-christmas.html

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by moonraker(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2016
Right. Ready to rob people of their items i believe?? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Mononraker abeg share make others learn ooh.

Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by adwem2003(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Should the Airports only be ready for christmas?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by mrlaw93(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Zoo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by alaskido(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
eezeribe:
OK

You are the only one I have seen that did not shout or celebrate FTC. Kudo to you. This shows maturity.
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by francisduru: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Merry Xmas
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by yemmy66: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
What

Free flight?

Time to travel at last
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 21, 2016
...and many will stowaway with all there security.

Mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by mrlaw93(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2016
alaskido:

You are the only one I have seen that did not shout or celebrate FTC. Kudo to you. This shows maturity.
Relax nh.. He is comin bk to edit his post grin
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by 01emek(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2016
.. Abeg how much dose to cost to travel to SOMALIA ?

Don't ask me, I just feel like visiting them this Christmas .
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by treebuds: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2016
RoyalMail:
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has assured members of the public, especially passengers and airline operators of hitch-free movement of passengers and cargo during the forthcoming Christmas.

A statement by FAAN on Tuesday in Abuja said necessary operational and security measures have been put in place at all airports across the country.The statement was signed by the Acting General Manager, Public Affairs of FAAN, Mrs Henrietta Yakubu.

Yakubu stated that the authority had also charged all Airport Managers to employ measures to ensure that only eligible persons had access to all restricted areas at the landside, terminals and airside.

She said that Bomb Detection Unit of the Nigeria Police Force had also been charged to be more alert to compliment the efforts of aviation security personnel at the security screening points.

“To reiterate her commitment to safety of lives and properties, the Federal Government through the Nigerian Airforce recently conducted Counter Terrorism Simulation live demonstration at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

“Passenger facilitation at all our airports has also been enhanced by the upgrade of power installations, installation of modern and bigger conveyor belts and metal walk-through detectors, servicing of lifts and escalators.

“Stringent measures are being taken to eradicate the menace of touts and other unwholesome activities around the terminals.’’

Yakubu noted that the expansion and modernisation of airport terminals had provided better ambience and more space for restaurants at the terminals, as well as newly opened duty free shops.

According to her, these provide duty-free shopping experience and help passengers relax comfortably while waiting for their flights.

“FAAN, however, advises air passengers to make early arrangements for their travels and to leave home early on their travel dates, in order to complete their boarding facilities in good time.

“We wish all passengers safe and enjoyable yuletide,’’ Yakubu added.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/nigerian-airports-ready-for-christmas.html
Just watch over bloody islamic ectremist boko hatam and their supporters. This is the problem the world is facing and must be dealt with by the civilized world.no more folding hands or sending condensce messages
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by tunbosun9: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Ayam not understand..
Pls are u guys sharing Xmas jollof rice?
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2016
adwem2003:
Should the Airports only be ready for christmas?
lol
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2016
tunbosun9:
Ayam not understand..
Pls are u guys sharing Xmas jollof rice?
No, they are hanging xmas light upandan

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2016
01emek:
.. Abeg how much dose to cost to travel to SOMALIA ?

Don't ask me, I just feel like visiting them this Christmas .
why don't u follow "Benin Bypass"
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Frank3n2(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Okay na... Before you know it. Nepa don take light for airport..
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by melodix(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2016
Nigeria, i know God will not leave this country alone. Had a bad experience last month at MMIA. Went to pick up my dad, payed N600 at the parking lots and when i came back, i met my car door opened with marks and scratches of iron objects all over. My little advice, If you have any course to park at the Airport parking lot, leave someone behind in the car. I was even told that the easiest for the buglar to open are the ones with car alarm. They have a software on their system that will disable the alarm and open your car door easily.
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by 01emek(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2016
grayht:
why don't u follow "Benin Bypass"
my brother which one is " Benin Bypass ". I don't know because I only take first class.
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by adwem2003(m): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2016
grayht:
lol

Yes na
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by moonraker(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Mononraker abeg share make others learn ooh.

Thank you!

Its Moonraker... Uncle. Dont mess the name up.
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2016
moonraker:

Its Moonraker... Uncle. Dont mess the name up.

Achaa
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2016
and please faan should be cautious of terrorist and beef up their security
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by eezeribe(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2016
alaskido:

Thanks... I have been FTC on nairaland at least 20 times, so it doesn't excite me anymore
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Femich18(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2016
We have heard... How much does it cost to fly from Lagos to Abuja now and other domestic routes?
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by kingsamosy(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2016
grin this one na news too?
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by brokenplate: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2016
Airport still dey do Xmas.

Dear Nairalanders thanks for your patronage so far. Please contact me on my signature for your Xmas goat.
Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2016
angry I spent 13hrs yesterday at air peace with my sick mother,FAAN and Nigeria as a whole is a frigging joke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by shfizle(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2016
When all the baggage belts in the departure hall are not working and the aveo bridges at the gates are bad and passengers have to board aircrafts using emergency exits through the toilet.. AC na another story entirely.

Mtsheew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN by laudate: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Which Christmas are they preparing for?? Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is the greatest joker among all the state-owned parastatals. They lack the simple skills to maintain ordinary toilets in their airports, and now they have the mouth to start saying they are ready for Christmas! Thunder fire their mouth!

How Nigeria Killed Her Tourism By sonala.olumhense@gmail.com | Publish Date: Dec 18 2016 2:00AM |
I wonder if there is anyone in authority in Nigeria who understands the brutal counsel offered recently by Ohis Ehimiaghe, Manager of the North, West and Central Africa Region for South African Airways.

Nigeria’s airports are the worst in his area of command, he told aviation journalists. In effect, Africa’s worst.

By his name, Mr. Ehimiaghe is a Nigerian. Evidently, his portfolio enables him to see a lot of airports. As a Nigerian, he is evidently hurt by what he has experienced.

But he is also a truthful and patriotic man, and in the interview, he came down hard and heavy on Nigeria’s airports, particularly the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos.

I quote Mr. Ehimiaghe: “Some of the facilities at [Nigeria’s] airports have completely collapsed and naturally irritate normal and rational passengers. For instance, if you decide to use the washroom facilities, your hormone system will definitely have challenges.

“Going through the MMIA is a challenge and very bad for usage by a rational being. The smallest airport under me is Cotonou Airport in Benin Republic. I can go to their toilets and come out with a smile on my face.

“We are not harassed by security agencies, unlike in Nigeria. We have scanning machines at our airports in Nigeria, so, why the harassment by the security agencies again in the country?”

Among other subjects, Mr. Ehimiaghe also reflected on the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Nigeria’s federal capital, Abuja. He stated that the runway was in such a poor state that in the weeks preceding his interview, at least four aircraft were damaged, one of them so badly that that it could not be used for over one week.

Somewhere, Nigerian officials are abusing the manager. It is the way we respond to a Nigerian of visibility who calls the government out. Twice before his death, Chinua Achebe rejected the government’s offer of a so-called National Honour, saying he could accept no such award from governments with no honour.

On both occasions, the government called the literary icon names. It is the tradition of Nigerian governments to denounce anyone who identifies their weaknesses, or as Achebe did, their connivance.

The irony is that Nigeria continues to deteriorate because of these governments, a fact that is best illustrated by our airports.

An airport is every nation’s economic, cultural and political border with every other nation and with the international community. When you see an airport, you can feel that country’s heartbeat.

In “First, Service the Engine of Change,” on June 5, 2016, I shared my thoughts of a Nigerian airport in words that were like Mr. Ehimiaghe’s:

“When you step into the restrooms, it is at your peril: the worst experience you can have in an airport, including war-ravaged Somalia, and I apologize to every Somali.”

I observed that the restrooms were not being maintained or really cleaned. “…The place is so wet and so repugnant your life begins to flash before your eyes. You remember, for sure, whether you have a will or not…”

Compare those remarks with Mr. Ehimiaghe’s: “The smallest airport under me is Cotonou Airport in Benin Republic. I can go to their toilets and come out with a smile on my face.”

While these comments address the airport environment, they are really a report of the collapse of the governance infrastructure in Nigeria. The website: www.sleepinginairports.net, which tracks the quality of airports around the world, routinely lists Nigerian airports among the worst. For 2016, one of ours is among the top two worst; and two of them are prominent in Africa’s worst 10.

We ought to be ashamed, but shame is not a characteristic of Nigerian governance. Of greater importance, we ought to be alarmed. This is because, while international travel, interests and journalism will always point out our aviation failures and therefore irritate the government perhaps into some action, there is no comparable exposure of the absence of governance in many other areas.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/columns/how-nigerian-killed-her-tourism/176473.html#E5dtfgz9CmFF894k.99

(1) (Reply)

US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 / Help With Schegen Visa Issue / Nigerians In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.