Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Destiny - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Destiny (540 Views)

University Of Port Harcourt A Destiny, Career, Future And Joy Killer / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School / Uniben Law Student Destiny Ogedegbe, Graduates With First Class, Becomes Second (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Destiny by Jonarinho(m): 2:22am On Dec 21, 2016
I could remember over 10 years ago, wen it was very difficult for me to gain admission into a tertiary institution, I was very close to a family who always invited me to churches and programmes all in d name of deliverance so I can gain admission.
They told me that it was not my destiny to be at home at that point in time wit my level of brilliancy, but I was so adamant wit my faith dat I won't leave wat I believe for wat I disbelieve.
They told me dat I will get delivered from d bandage of admission failure if I should follow them to d vigil.
Subuhanallah! I remember a day I went to a pastor who promised to link me wit his cousin who is a lecturer at Obafemi Awolowo University (My university of choice). After our conversation, he asked me to kneel down and pray, I simply replied 'I AM A MUSLIM', he said it doesn't matter and I told him it matters to me.
I could remember vividly, wen I met a so called alfa (though we were closed initially) who said he was going to help me spiritually for my admission and requested for 21 fowl eggs and a bottle of schinap and he told me emphatically dat he will collect 20,000 naira from me after d admission and failure to give him d money will lead to my dismissal from school. I simply laughed and replied 'I will get back to you sir'
Many more of such temptations during my years of seeking admission into higher institutions.
Fast forward over 10 years later, I am now a graduate without forsaking my faith. Yet d first family dat invited me for vigils are still seeking God's interference to have a child, when I asked them why, they said it was God's doing but my own delay in admission was not God's doing to them then.
D church and home of d pastor dat asked me to kneel down for prayer were flooded and destroyed everything he had laboured all his life for, he simply said 'God knows about everything' but told my mummy dat my inability to gain admission was lack of spiritual fire in me.
Alfa dat requested for 20,000 naira was caught and arrested in Ìjẹ̀bú Òde for trying to dupe a businessman.
I could remember d first family told me I was too religiously stubborn which I simply accepted.
Why do I reflect on dis past of mine?
Many of my brethren have given up diamond in search of ordinary stone.
Many give up Islam cos of little problem and those that canvas them to leave their religion have greater problem they are shielding.
Know that taking poison is not a remedy to thirst. It may quench it temporarily, but causes a permanent damage if the life is not lost aftermath.
Stick to d Deen of Allah! Surely, comfort shall come after hardship.

Arisilejoye Abdul-Azeez Adeniran
Re: My Destiny by kennyjam: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2016
Did i enter a wrong house? i guess i did embarassed Did i enter a wrong house? i guess i did

(1) (Reply)

SAP Syclo Agentry Online Training Classes / Can Success Be Bad? / A Boy Commit Suicide Over Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.