Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Issues With My 09 Prado - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With My 09 Prado (975 Views)

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado / New Prado Jeep Burnt In Abuja This Morning (Photos) / What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With My 09 Prado by batista73: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2016
Hello
I need some expert advice or a good mechanic with experience in landcruiser prado. I noticed a kickback on my brake pedal everytime i depress my brakes. Mechanic said its my abs module.and disconnected it. Yes the kickback stopped but now my fuel.guage.is erratic goes up.and down never showing true fuel level. Temperature guage is flat down. In serious traffic it rises but prior to.this. it used to.be in the middle level. Have been told.change.the instrument cluster and different things. Have.changed.fuel.guage. no difference. Please.any.good mechanic in port harcourt?
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by Whizpeter(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
Kingreign and Nurey which of you is willing to fly to portharcourt? This our Oga will finance it... cheesy cheesy

Kingreign, Uyo to Portharcourt ain't far you know? smiley

OP don't worry, they are coming to your aid...!
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by kingreign(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
batista73:
Hello
I need some expert advice or a good mechanic with experience in landcruiser prado. I noticed a kickback on my brake pedal everytime i depress my brakes. Mechanic said its my abs module.and disconnected it. Yes the kickback stopped but now my fuel.guage.is erratic goes up.and down never showing true fuel level. Temperature guage is flat down. In serious traffic it rises but prior to.this. it used to.be in the middle level. Have been told.change.the instrument cluster and different things. Have.changed.fuel.guage. no difference. Please.any.good mechanic in port harcourt?

. Let's talk about your Prado.

Update; since he cant talk to me to get remote assistance, I've unfollowed this thread.
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by nurey(m): 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
Whizpeter:
Kingreign and Nurey which of you is willing to fly to portharcourt? This our Oga will finance it... cheesy cheesy

Kingreign, Uyo to Portharcourt ain't far you know? smiley

OP don't worry, they are coming to your aid...!

better leave me out, first house of assembly will deliberate on my travelling, then the reps will hold session. by the time the decision is made, man for don old. grin

op, what has disabling common ABS has to do with fuel guage, you didnt talk about tacho and speedo and odo. its either the mechanic disabled more than he should or it was just a coincidence that the time the guages were about to give way was when he disabled the ABS
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
There is a one called garage guru very close to slot building at 2nd Artillery, you can try him.
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by chukel(m): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Check ur fuses
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by mayor2013: 1:45am On Dec 22, 2016
batista73:
Hello

By the time you buy the Abs module for 200k and you buy other things as a result of the quack mechanic you have taken your ride to you would know that there are professionals you can take your ride to. Just know you are in for it. Cos from experience that Abs module is highly expensive and I doubt its availability even though its gotten it might have been compromised. So you might eventually need to get a brand new which would cost between 500k-800k. Do not bother detaching module from the whole unit as it would not work. My advice is look for a professional to get your car checked for you. Might be expensive but you would for sure get the best
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by mayor2013: 1:49am On Dec 22, 2016
nurey:

better leave me out, first house of assembly will deliberate on my travelling, then the reps will hold session. by the time the decision is made, man for don old. grin

op, what has disabling common ABS has to do with fuel guage, you didnt talk about tacho and speedo and odo. its either the mechanic disabled more than he should or it was just a coincidence that the time the guages were about to give way was when he disabled the ABS

Very possible disconnecting Abs module could make the cluster go GAGA. Not to forget we talking electronics here. The quack mechanic fit rewire the head grin
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

By the time you buy the Abs module for 200k and you buy other things as a result of the quack mechanic you have taken your ride to you would know that there are professionals you can take your ride to. Just know you are in for it. Cos from experience that Abs module is highly expensive and I doubt its availability even though its gotten it might have been compromised. So you might eventually need to get a brand new which would cost between 500k-800k. Do not bother detaching module from the whole unit as it would not work. My advice is look for a professional to get your car checked for you. Might be expensive but you would for sure get the best

Relax ur nerves bro. U don't know who the OP is, he asked for help, if u can't render one no need with the derogative words as if u are talking to ur younger brother. Yes u made some valid points about taking the car to a reputable garage but the way u put it is out of it.
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by mayor2013: 7:32am On Dec 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Relax ur nerves bro. U don't know who the OP is, he asked for help, if u can't render one no need with the derogative words as if u are talking to ur younger brother. Yes u made some valid points about taking the car to a reputable garage but the way u put it is out of it.

What solution or advice have you proffered? undecided
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by nurey(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

Very possible disconnecting Abs module could make the cluster go GAGA. Not to forget we talking electronics here. The quack mechanic fit rewire the head grin

Most ABS HAVE seen disabled is from the wheel. Just unplug the socket. I know the abs could affect tachometer, odo and speedo. But affecting fuel gauge, he get as he be
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

What solution or advice have you proffered? undecided

Yea yea typical Nigerian. U must display ur primitive instincts everywhere. Mr ITK, same way u asked someone to drive a faulty car from Enugu to Lagos to meet a 'reputable engineer'. WTF.
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by mayor2013: 9:52am On Dec 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Yea yea typical Nigerian. U must display ur primitive instincts everywhere. Mr ITK, same way u asked someone to drive a faulty car from Enugu to Lagos to meet a 'reputable engineer'. WTF.

Sorry sir cheesy, not to forget an electronic forum grin
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

Sorry sir cheesy, not to forget an electronic forum grin

Lol. See this one. I'm an active member here and we know who the real engineers are.... U definitely are not one of them. Just because ur an agent for a workshop doesn't make u an engineer. Really who u don EPP here? All ur comments are rather rude and vague and always end with 'bring ur car to so so place for us (sorry I mean the real angeneers) to fix for u' lol. What engineer in his right mind would ask someone to drive a broken car from Enugu to Lagos to come and fix?
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by mayor2013: 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol. See this one. I'm an active member here and we know who the real engineers are.... U definitely are not one of them. Just because ur an agent for a workshop doesn't make u an engineer. Really who u don EPP here? All ur comments are rather rude and vague and always end with 'bring ur car to so so place for us (sorry I mean the real angeneers) to fix for u' lol. What engineer in his right mind would ask someone to drive a broken car from Enugu to Lagos to come and fix?

Go take a chill pill sir. Stop using malaria drugs for another man's headache.
Re: Issues With My 09 Prado by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

Go take a chill pill sir. Stop using malaria drugs for another man's headache.

Still doesn't change the fact that u are quack.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Smarter And A Better Driver-These Dogs Or Human?You Be The Judge / Unlocking Your Car Door Using A Tennis Ball / Audi Allroad 2006 Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.