Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos (469 Views)

Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos / Customs Intercepts Military Hardware, Bulletproof Cars Worth 1.2Bn At Ijebu-Ode / Customs Intercepts Bags Of Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos by morereb10: 4:01am On Dec 22, 2016
The importation of fake rice into Nigeria is becoming very scary. Not because of the economic conditions, rather because of the individuals consuming these rice on daily basis. It is not enough that smugglers are smuggling expired rice into this country, now they are smuggling plastic rice into Nigeria. Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has intercepted 102 bags of plastic rice branded “Beat Tomato Rice’’ with no date of manufacture.

The Customs Area Controller of F.O.U. Comptroller Mohammed Haruna, made the disclosure in an interview with NAN on Tuesday in Lagos. He said that the commodity was stored for distribution as Yuletide gifts for the public. Haruna said that officers of the unit intercepted the plastic rice along Ikeja area on Monday, adding that a suspect was arrested in connection with the seizure.

“Before now, I thought it was a rumour that the plastic rice is all over the country but with this seizure, I have been totally convinced that such rice exists. We have done the preliminary analysis on the plastic rice. After boiling, it was sticky and only God knows what would have happened if people consumed it.

I advise those economic saboteurs who see yuletide season as a peak period for nefarious acts to desist from such illegal business. The unit has decided other operational modalities that will make them run for their monies and count their losses,” Haruna said.

Haruna appreciated well-meaning Nigerians who provided the service with prompt information that led to the discovery of the bags of plastic rice. The controller, however, advised the media to educate the public on the existence of plastic rice, adding that it was no longer a rumour. He assured the public that the distribution point of the particular plastic rice seized by the unit had been blocked with immediate effect.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/nigeria-customs-intercepts-102-bags-of.html

Re: Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos by babfet(m): 4:05am On Dec 22, 2016
God help us in this our naija ooo
Re: Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos by IykeChukz(m): 4:33am On Dec 22, 2016
But why?

This is my favorite food na...

I know it's in short supply but please I won't tolerate anything funny...
Re: Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos by LordIsaac(m): 4:36am On Dec 22, 2016
Man's inhumanity to man because of the things of this world. A scripture comes to mind: "but godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain. For we brought nothing to this world and it is certain we shall take nothing out of it. Having food and raiment, let is therewith be content... For they that would be rich fall into perdition and a snare, which drowns many away..." 1Timothy 6:6-8
Re: Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos by OAUTemitayo: 5:14am On Dec 22, 2016
Na same people.
Re: Nigeria Customs Intercepts 102 Bags Of Plastic Rice Along Ikeja - Lagos by nextprince: 5:23am On Dec 22, 2016
Pls, there is is something I'm not understanding, is it that the rich is made of plastic materials or what? I don't really understand the whole concept. How possible is it to cook plastic with ingredients like salt, oil, fish/meat etc

(1) (Reply)

Kuwaiti Court Sentences Parents To Death Over Daughter’s Murder / Kidnapping A Monster That Must Be Annihilated / I Became A Robber To Secure My Siblings’ Future – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.