Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Mephibosheth; The Story Of God's Grace. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mephibosheth; The Story Of God's Grace. (400 Views)

Jonathan's Son Mephibosheth : A Picture Of You And I In Christ - Olamide Obire / God's Grace Produces True Worship - Olamide Obire / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mephibosheth; The Story Of God's Grace. by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 22, 2016
Understanding the basis of relationship with God and His character brings freedom from the clutches of religion which breeds fear. God is love and his love is independent of the perfection or good behavior of the object but rather perfects the object. Grace stems from God’s nature of love and is totally independent of the object on which it is bestowed. The entire scriptures from Genesis to Revelations exude God’s grace. Just like the alabaster box of ointment with an exquisite fragrance that was poured on the head of Jesus saturated the house of Simon, so are the scriptures saturated with God’s grace and it is absolutely impossible to miss.

Often times while studying scriptures, I get so caught up in the beauty of God’s grace and wonder how we manage to get pass this extravagant grace of God on the pages of scriptures and set out to earn it. I think it is because we study scriptures with the wrong lens; the lens of initiation, with the notion that scriptures is simply about us; how we must prove our love for God, and we begin to ask questions like: ‘What must I do to get God’s attention? What is God asking me to do for Him?’’ What must I do to be saved?’’ Etc. With such anxiety and preoccupation with self, it is very possible to miss the entire message of scripture which is simply about the love of God for humanity revealed in the incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension of His Son Jesus.

Eugene Peterson once said, ‘when we submit our lives....

You can continue reading at: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/mephibosheth-story-of-gods-grace.html

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Men Cooking & Serving Food On Christmas Day 25-12-2016. / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / No Compromise In The Issues Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.