Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) (31197 Views)

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 / Victims Of The Collapsed Three-Storey Building In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 2:09am On Dec 23, 2016
Rossikki:
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE SIGNIFYING THE GROSS IGNORANCE AND MENTAL SLAVERY OF NIGERIANS TO THEIR FORMER COLONIZERS. EVEN A CURSORY STUDY OF NIGERIAN HISTORY SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THE FIRST STOREY BUILDINGS IN NIGERIA WERE BUILT HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF ANY WHITE MAN. THE CITY OF KANO HAD LITERALLY HUNDREDS, AND POSSIBLY THOUSANDS OF STOREY BUILDINGS LONG BEFORE 1845 OR WHATEVER INSULTING DATE THE OP SUGGESTED FOR OUR 'FIRST STOREY BUILDING', BUT IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY WILL NOT LET NIGERIANS STUDY THEIR OWN HISTORY. NO WONDER YOU ARE THE SKIN BLEACHING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. WORTHLESS. SELF LOATHING PEOPLE WITH ZERO COMMON SENSE.

you needn't be this hard sir. i never suggested the date as u asserted. there are also better ways to reveal your displeasure aside using abusive words. enlightened minds (which i guess you must be a part of) don't do that.
the most appropriate is to do something to solve a problem you feel can cause harm.
perhaps if you had written a book or a blog post to enlighten the populace about the historic city of kano and co. mine wouldn't have had any effect..

i felt the same way but instead of blaming people who tried doing something about it, i made a move. its just so sad that you aren't pleased but i can't remember the last time i gave a hoot about issues like that.
thanks for the enlightenment though. i'd try visiting Kano someday[if god permits]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 2:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Chukabiz1961:
This write-up reminds of Shakespeare.
hahaha... it hasnt gotten to that yet na shocked
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 2:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:
I stay in badagry and have never visited all these places

Being an introvert ain't an easy job grin

i feel your pain baby. you can start with any historic site there. the maximum entery fee is #200. i'm sure you wont regret that move.
bonus hint: i'm a repented introvert grin

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Maski87: 4:20am On Dec 23, 2016
Cork and bull story
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by moscobabs(m): 4:36am On Dec 23, 2016
OBALORLA:

i'm grateful you liked it moscobabs

welcome bro
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Cutezt(m): 6:43am On Dec 23, 2016
OBALORLA:

this is hilarious cheesy
regarding those places you mentioned, i actually went there all save for whispering palms (cos its overhyped);
but in all, i say a big thank you cos i can sense paiion from your write up.
errm,, sir, i really hate fight, so please forgive. dont vex for me and dont slap me grin
Lol, Yea, Whispering Palms Is Hyped But It Is Still Managable, Anyways, You Are Forgiven. Lol

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by DaBullIT(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2016
Glad to read that ...... enjoy your day
OBALORLA:

you almost fractured my rib bro grin
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by shumuel(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2016
OBALORLA:

i hope you didnt regret spending that much time shumuel. please find time to explore this country!

Naaa, the time spended was well spended grin cheesy wink

That is on my to do list, and i surelly would find time to do just that, the country is filled with a lot of places to see.
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Talk2Bella(f): 9:13am On Dec 23, 2016
OBALORLA:

i feel your pain baby. you can start with any historic site there. the maximum entery fee is #200. i'm sure you wont regret that move.
bonus hint: i'm a repented introvert grin

Alright smiley
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
I intend dropping 2 of my other adventures in a couple of hours from now on either of the following:

- point of no return

- Seriki Abass historical building

- the inspiring story of Baba femi- the pig farmer who survived against all odds.

all you need to get them as soon as they drop is just scroll down to the bottom of my home page on www.nomadicnegro.com to drop ur E-mail address and viola! you'd get it sent directly into ur inbox with all the amazing illustrative pictures.

trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Help Move Heavy Duty Equipment and Gen. From One Place To Another In Lagos / Two-storey Accident And Emergency Building In FMC Umuahia Collapses (VIDEO) / Architectural Drawings, Interior And Exterior And Construction call 08096365063

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.