Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

"Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" (36765 Views)

Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing / See My Qualifications. Who Can Employ Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by fastest007: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Thursday, 22 December 2016
Soundcity won't employ me, they said dark people are not attractive, Nigerian girl cries out

Pretty black OAP, vlogger and blogger Black Satino wept emotionally after she was denied not one job but several job opportunities because of her skin color.

The one that broke the camel's back was that the Nigerian lady went for an interview at music TV station Soundcity weeks back and was abruptly turned back because "social media would say" negative things if a dark skinned lady is allowed to anchor their programmes or appear on TV.

SMH. What's with Nigerians and obsession for light skins these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8hjcegERZo

Source: http://www.somtoo.com/2016/12/soundcity-wont-employ-me-they-said-dark.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by goldbim(f): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Really??I think this lady is suffering from inferiority complex..let's wait for sound city's response.. .besides,i don't think skin colour should matter..so far you look decent, trendy and beautiful..Your ability as a presenter should be more of how well you can carry your audience along..if you are good, you are good!!..no wonder most presenters are hypo fans lipsrsealed..some even have Afro-british/american accents...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by eezeribe(m): 11:13am On Dec 22, 2016
Big lie.Vj Adams, pearl and Moet are all chocolate/dark skinned.Her problem is most likely from her village...some witches are monitoring her with strong WIFI.
Or maybe @soundcity_tv is saturated with dark skinned people, and wants light skinned for variety sake, which is logical.
People should give big companies some breathing space, it's not your father's House.Establishing and running a Business brand for many years in Nigeria, is one of the most difficult things in the world... If you are fed up with the system... JUST TRY AND SET UP YOUR OWN BUSINESS, and you would definitely find yourself indulging in some of those sentiments you cried foul Against.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by littlewonders: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2016
Attractive ke! Are they employing for immorality?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by acenazt: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2016
They should tell that to lupita Nyongo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by queenitee(f): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2016
I don't think this is true

5 Likes

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by thesicilian: 11:23am On Dec 22, 2016
They don't know what is good for them
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Olibboy: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2016
black is beautiful by flavour... sing that song in your interview. they will think twice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by idupaul: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
She looks and sounds like a very disturbed person

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by fastest007: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
idupaul:
She looks and sounds like a very disturbed person
How?
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
Buh she is not the first and will not be the last so she should shut the Bleep and look for another job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
She should not worry.

The stone which the builders rejected will become the chief corner stone, even in a better place, maybe MTV sef.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Sit down my dear and tell me all about it...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by thecrush: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
goldbim:
Really??I think this lady is suffering from inferiority complex..let's wait for sound city's response.. .besides,i don't think skin colour should matter..so far you look decent, trendy and beautiful..Your ability as a presenter should be more of how well you can carry your audience along..if you are good, you are good!!..no wonder most presenters are hypo fans lipsrsealed..some even have Afro-british/american accents...

angry

How is this inferiority complex?
She said she has been turned down because her of dark skin.
Did she bleach or say anywhere that she hates her dark skin?

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by timmycris(m): 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
g
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by DjAndroid: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thunder fire soundcity
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by helphelp: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Bleaching cream never finish for market..

Contact bobrisky asap

*just kidding *

I don't believe you though. You probably didn't meet their requirements, and then decide to tarnish their image.

Re-read your rant, gbagaun dey Dia

3 Likes

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by valdes00(m): 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
eezeribe:
Her problem is most likely from her village...some witches are monitoring her with strong WIFI
WICKED

3 Likes

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by IVORY2009(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
I dont think she knows wat she is saying, Soundcity will not stood so low and tell her to her face shocked

I thought this happens our outside the country, wen one is looking for a job in most countries in Europe/American, u are been discriminated due to the color of ur skin, and the whites who are not as qualified as you're are given the job.....

1 Like

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Raph01: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
I'm dark in complexion too and I admit 98% of dark people are nt attractive so??, na Y U dey cry?? na must make soundcity employ U?? if soundcity no employ U, shey U dorn try bakery

11 Likes

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by casttlebarbz(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
attention seeker

3 Likes

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by xynerise: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
Rubbish....anybody can create a video just to get cheap attention. Make I go create a video of how I was molested by Genevieve grin

3 Likes

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by bettercreature(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
helphelp:
Bleaching cream never finish for market..

Contact bobrisky asap

*just kidding *
grin grin grin grin
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by c4tnoelz: 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
nawao. dey want u start mixing gel
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Silvereze(m): 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
Sorry for the lady. She should improve herself more opportunities are coming
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by jasysandra(f): 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
Who ever said black people are not beautiful undecided

Please get yourself together and look for a job somewhere else.
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by yedidiah(m): 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
She is so right. Most media houses these days prefer fair slutty dressing girls with accent.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Yello1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
Sis how u go suffer like dis for where bleaching cream dey!. To be realistic, racism is even in d blood of some Africans dan d white.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Femich18(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nawa o... Nigeria Our great Country... Nigerians discriminating their fellow Nigerians base on skin colour...
Anyway it's not new it's been on for ages... we give out jobs because "Nah My brother "
God Is watching us
Re: "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" by Obito555(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
U will get a better job, thats is y we have many Nigerian Girls changing thier skin colour to different colours, may God us in this world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Entire Salary of 29k Wiped off from Account By Online Loan Company / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate At NNPC? / Would You Like To Work In Oceanic Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.