Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,065 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. (2120 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
Why is it that whenever any pastor is organising any crusade or miracle rally,they will prefer to invite a pastor from another country or state to handle the crusade with him.Does this mean that they dont have trust in themselves or is it just jealousy. Since they belong to one Christain Associaton of Nigetria(C.A.N),They should be able to invite each other to their crusade than negleting their home based pastors. I dont know if Nairalanders have different opinion.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by Abuzola(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
Yes they re jealous
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by MrCrackles(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
Topic

I dont know. . .
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

I dont know. . .
my brother crackles ,i know that you know oooo
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by OBVIOUS(m): 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
Yes they are--- especially the ones who open their churches esp. and strictly for business purposes. They are mostly in competition for members---- and want to tell their books, cassette tapes, and CDs. These are the ones strictly looking for fame.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2009
OBVIOUS:

Yes they are--- especially the ones who open their churches esp. and strictly for business purposes. They are mostly in competition for members---- and want to tell their books, cassette tapes, and CDs. These are the ones strictly looking for fame.
Gbam!
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by KunleOshob(m): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2009
Inviting foreign pastors to preach in their jamborees crusades is also a good marketing strategy becos of the complex Nigerians have for Europeans/Americans. We assume just becos the pastor is a foreigner he has some special "annointing" which is not available locally. Nigerains are guarranteed to troop there if they see an oyinbo face. And as we all know these crusades are very good psyco therapy sessions were the congregation are eventually cajoled into parting with large sums of money under various guises in the belief they are giving to God. Also a substantial unbiblical honourarium is also collected for the foreign preacher as his own reward for helping boost the revenue drive of the crusaders.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2009
Kunle,you are in d spirit.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by mamagee3(f): 1:38am On Nov 19, 2009
I don't know, we may never know. grin grin grin
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2009
U dont know what?
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by AKO1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2009
Maybe they think we've had enough of our local preachers.

This is not a perfect parallel, but why do we invite foreign musicians to our major concerts, gospel and secular?

Its also about bringing the popular foreign preachers close to the people.

BTW I wonder why payment to them is called an honorarium, it is almost like a compulsory wage.

Very few preachers will agree to go to another church outside their network for free.

Some of them even demand a certain standard of hotel, transport, equipment, music, etc, otherwise they are not coming.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Nov 22, 2009
segyemaro:

U dont know what?

If they are whtever the posts says. tongue
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by 9ja4eva: 6:24am On Nov 22, 2009
yes
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by papagiddy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2009
yes! many are jealous of TB Joshua, oyedepo,Adeboye, Okonkwo,Kumuyi,Gbile Akanni,fakeye,Ademola Ishola,Badejo, etc E g pastor Bakare
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2009
Papa giddy,do u call d case of Tunde Bakare a case of jealousy?
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
Am still waiting 4 ur response
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by Xorenxo(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
Segyemaro d case of Pastor Bakare as presented in d recent `The News' interview is an obvious case of blantant jealousy and greenish envy 4 those who can read between d lines.Let us look at some of d salient issues he emphasised on: 1,He claimed dat his early ambition was to be a very popular and successful lawyer and a wealth business man and a progresive politician in dat order so he never planned to be a pastor which he is now famous for.As a pastor he has failed to established more than one branch.When he had 5 branches in d past he close down 4 due to incompetence at managing more than one branch.Tell me how he will not be jealous of Pastors with several branches.2,He criticise Pastors who are using physical objects to enhance d believe of their members after such practices had been condemned by his mentors.We should ask whether he is not awared dat The Lord open d eyes of a blind man with soil and His spittle or whether he is not awared dat Peter's shadow was used to healed several sick people .
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by eghosaobas: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2009
Do you people think pastor bakare does not know what he is saying?if he is not sure he wont be saying all what he has been saying
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by donnie(m): 4:57am On Nov 30, 2009
So he ws sure that OBJ will die?

He was also sure that Yaradua is Nigeria's Messiah.

Just like he was sure about his 'vision' years ago where he saw Pst Chris recieving money from TB Josuah to call him (Josuah) a man of God.

God have mercy.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by eghosaobas: 6:38am On Nov 30, 2009
He might have mis-fire in some cases,but has that got anything to do with jealousness.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by PastorAIO: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2009
Was Peter's shadow actually used to heal people, or did people just put themselves in the path of his shadow in the HOPE that it would heal them?
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by eghosaobas: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2009
I am not doubting that.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by kenny888: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
They are realy jealous of themselves
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by eghosaobas: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2009
You can say that again!
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2009
otitokoro1:

Prophet is without honour in his own country,
cheesy
thats alie
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by eghosaobas: 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
They are always bringing white men here for crusades while their countries are decayed
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 12:20am On Dec 13, 2009
You can say that again
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by kolaoloye(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
@OP,
Birds of the same feather flock together
Why do you have ladies around you yet your own woman was taken from another city?
It is not a matter of jealous but of choice or priority.
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by MrCrackles(m): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
segyemaro:

my brother crackles ,i know that you know oooo
No i dont seriously and i dont give two hoots if they are! wink
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by segyemaro(m): 12:36am On Dec 16, 2009
Are you sure?
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by REALTRUTH1: 3:18am On Dec 16, 2009
Re: Are Pastors Jealous Of Themselves. by echobee(f): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
@poster
what is ur business?or are u a pastor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wahhabism And Neo Salafism / Why Do Some Find It Difficult To Give? / Who Wrote The Three First Gospels Of The New Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.