Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries (6427 Views)

N-power Beneficiaries Threaten To Go On Strike Over Non-Payment Of Allowances / Man With A Sick Baby Strips Unclad In Lagos, Over Non-Payment Of His Salary / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by tyokunbo(m): 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/22/civil-servants-barricade-access-bank-in-akure-over-non-payment-of-july-salary/

Ondo State civil servants barricaded Access Bank in Akure today over the non-payment of their July salary. They hijacked the state’s accountant general to the bank, forcing him to speed up payment of their emoluments for July. They shouted at the bank staff, threatening to kill them, if they did not comply with their orders. They wanted the salary to be paid, so they could collect it by tomorrow for the Christmas celebrations. In the process, they disrupted banking operations, causing panic among customers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by tyokunbo(m): 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by soberdrunk(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lol!! Ondo people i hail una oooo!!! You guys dont play!! I for like do the same thing to my oga but hin mopols nor dey hear English, the only English words they know is "shoot" and "dont shoot" angry sad

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by folay66(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2016
Send
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by veekid(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2016

buhari sef

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by nmreports: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2016
July.
August.
September.
October.
November.
December.
For 6 months.
Nigerians are a strong and resilient people. Tough too... How did they cope?

This government is wicked... No doubt.
They cam move around with tons of aides and political appointees doing nothing but don't have pity on servants.

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by leksmedia: 7:05am On Dec 23, 2016
One of the worst things an employee or worker can face is working and not being able to access their salaries.

This is one of the advantages of working for yourself. You call the shots, you dont have to wait on anyone to get paid. There should be a law that restrict workers from being owed salaries. It can be very painful

For your website design or blog design , visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by Iyaju(m): 7:06am On Dec 23, 2016
I hear o. Blood in their eyes.
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by willian10: 7:12am On Dec 23, 2016
Wicked Government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by eleojo23: 7:12am On Dec 23, 2016
July salary in December?

Some governors need to be stoned. angry

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by Mrdecent(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2016
And Kogi paid 9 months straight away. Mimiko wan run with the money ni.. Hold him oh

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by symbianDON(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
july!!!!! some governors are demons

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by ajbf: 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
nmreports:
July.
August.
September.
October.
November.
December.
For 6 months.
Nigerians are a strong and resilient people. Tough too... How did they cope?

This government is wicked... No doubt.
They cam move around with tons of aides and
political appointees doing nothing but sont have pity on servants.
Nigerians are too resilient in my own opinion. Oyo, Ondo, Kogi, Bayelsa , Ekiti, among other states are owing between four and seven months.
The worse situation is in Osun state, where the state government is owing workers for more than ONE year salary cumulatively, since the workers half salary for almost two years now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by eezeribe(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2016
Civil servants being uncivil because of Hunger
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by nonjebose(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2016
Commendable action on the part of the workers. The outgoing government of Ondo state has so messed up things for workers. Man's inhumanity to man

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by sakalisis(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2016
Naija jagajaga
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by ayobase(m): 7:24am On Dec 23, 2016
When will this country stop being a joke!
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by buharimustlive: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2016
MMM no dey to pay them 30%..
BUHARI pay us our salary or u go 6ft below before JANUARY 14.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by omolizzy(f): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2016
eezeribe:
Civil servants being uncivil because of Hunger
Just negodu for you. You for just talk sense this early morning naw

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by olusledge: 7:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by GEJPosterity: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2016
leksmedia:
One of the worst things an employee or worker can face is working and not being able to access their salaries.

This is one of the advantages of working for yourself. You call the shots, you dont have to wait on anyone to get paid. There should be a law that restrict workers from being owed salaries. It can be very painful

For your website design or blog design , visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Bro, that's a lie because even when you are self employed and run your own business, clients will owe you up and down even worse than when you are an employee being owed salaries. I myself am a living witness to this. To get the client is stress. To make them commit to a project is a marathon event. To get them to approve your work after going back and forth several times is war. Then after all that, when it is time to pay, they will start clearing their throat and speaking English. Many of them will just ignore you altogether and pretend you don't exist. When you call, it's their receptionist that will answer. When you send emails, no reply.

Then after several weeks they will pay like 25% of what they are meant to pay and then dump another impossible assignment and deadline on your head, linking the payment of your outstanding to the delivery of this new project. I did this merry go round for most of 2016 before I looked in the mirror one day and saw a patch of shiny white hair on my 26 year old head. Then I realised I was literally dying, and for what? So now I'm back to paid employment but processing my Canadian permanent residency.

I think it's time we stop pretending to ourselves and accept that Nigeria is a dying country running a poverty economy. There is no way out. The best thing anyone can do for themselves right now is to get out. This place is hell itself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by APCmyheart(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2016
veekid:

buhari sef

Did you see him your dream?

Oh.. Buhari is Ondo State Governor..

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by tybguy: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2016
ajbf:

Nigerians are too resilient in my own opinion. Oyo, Ondo, Kogi, Bayelsa , Ekiti, among other states are owing between four and seven months.
The worse situation is in Osun state, where the state government is owing workers for more than ONE year salary cumulatively, since the workers half salary for almost two years now.
. Don't say what you do not know and you are highly ignorant of. Osun is not owing One year salary. It was owing about 3 months but workers have been paid early this week from the fund from the Federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by ajbf: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2016
tybguy:
. Don't say what you do not know and you are highly ignorant of. Osun is not owing One year salary. It was owing about 3 months but workers have been paid early this week from the fund from the Federal government.
Mr man, I am telling you categorically that Aregbesola is owing the Osun state workers more than TEN (10) months salary "cumulatively"
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by APCmyheart(m): 8:36am On Dec 23, 2016
buharimustlive:

MMM no dey to pay them 30%..
BUHARI pay us our salary or u go 6ft below before JANUARY 14.

So is Buhari Ondo state Governor?

You are definition of wailing Zombie..
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by soul2: 8:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Mimiko u remember the house u bought in Maryland, USA, ur first night after handing over will be your last night on planet earth.
God will judge u and ur generation
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by buffalowings: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2016
APCmyheart:

So is Buhari Ondo state Governor?

You are definition of wailing Zombie..

Who is this guy
Putting wailing and zombie in the same sentence
Bros pick one
angry
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by APCmyheart(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2016
buffalowings:

Who is this guy
Putting wailing and zombie in the same sentence
Bros pick one
angry

initial they are wailing wailers, But after Okupe outburst the become wailing zombie.
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by Curvinus(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2016
GEJPosterity:

Bro, that's a lie because even when you are self employed and run your own business, clients will owe you up and down even worse than when you are an employee being owed salaries. I myself am a living witness to this. To get the client is stress. To make them commit to a project is a marathon event. To get them to approve your work after going back and forth several times is war. Then after all that, when it is time to pay, they will start clearing their throat and speaking English. Many of them will just ignore you altogether and pretend you don't exist. When you call, it's their receptionist that will answer. When you send emails, no reply.

Then after several weeks they will pay like 25% of what they are meant to pay and then dump another impossible assignment and deadline on your head, linking the payment of your outstanding to the delivery of this new project. I did this merry go round for most of 2016 before I looked in the mirror one day and saw a patch of shiny white hair on my 26 year old head. Then I realised I was literally dying, and for what? So now I'm back to paid employment but processing my Canadian permanent residency.

I think it's time we stop pretending to ourselves and accept that Nigeria is a dying country running a poverty economy. There is no way out. The best thing anyone can do for themselves right now is to get out. This place is hell itself.

well said
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by justicejay(m): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hi to you, yes you, the one reading this. May you be happy this coming Christmas. And thanks for reading this. Have a great day!
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by tybguy: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
ajbf:

Mr man, I am telling you categorically that Aregbesola is owing the Osun state workers more than TEN (10) months salary "cumulatively"
You are confidently saying rubbish and boldly defending lies. I live in Osun and my mother is a pensioner.I know alot of workers and so very updated about the situation of things
Re: Civil Servants Barricade Access Bank In Akure Over Non-payment Of July Salaries by ajbf: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
tybguy:
You are confidently saying rubbish and boldly defending lies. I live in Osun and my mother is a pensioner.I know alot of workers and so very updated about the situation of things
Your mother is a pensioner and you know a lot of workers, continue saying your rubbish. At the moment, pending the time Aregbesola will pay one and half months he has promised, his administration will be owing workers 10 and half months cumulatively.

(1) (Reply)

Salary Scale Of Nigerian Customs,immigration And Federal Ministries / Industrial Chemistry / How Does The Nigerian Navy Training Looks Like. (NNBTS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.