Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,343 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

The Death Of The Headies!!! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Death Of The Headies!!! (378 Views)

Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Embarrassing Moments From The Headies 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Death Of The Headies!!! by IAMMUIC: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2016
The Headies may hold the spot of being the most prestigious Music Award in the country, but that’s not to say it's without flaws. Our music industry is where it is today because moulders of the industry like Ayo Animashaun and his band of biased industry experts continually promote a certain set of music artistes and a certain form of music during every award ceremony.

The list of winners of this year's Headies Award only went on to prove what music critics always suspected within the music industry, foul play. I mean why should Darey Art Alade's "Pray for me" win in the categories it was nominated for? A category where it had such fierce contenders as... That's just one by the way, there are so so many other weird winnings as such.

Now that The Headies is dead I wish someone passionate about music and has the fund would be courageous enough to stand up and set up a proper prestigious music award ceremony in Nigeria. The Headies Award is total crap and should now be placed on the backburner.

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/12/23/evaluating-the-headies-award-2/

Let's know what you think.

(1) (Reply)

Mizta Kigzy-_gbadura Fumi {pray For Me} / Jams Upon Jamz / Do You Want To Be A Super Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.