Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. (1694 Views)

Caucasian Shepherd Dog Thread: Post Your Dogs Pics / 5 Best Website To Sell Your Dogs In Nigeria / Get CRUSHED NOODLES for your Dogs and fishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by edyken001: 8:24am On Dec 23, 2016
Well I don't really post on here... I asked a vet about if it was possible to increase the litter of a dog he said yes by following this steps

1: he said I should Deworm the dog a day before mating.. I should use ivomec 1mil and not the tablet dewormer.

2: I should Inject the dog with Dhlpp 4weeks after mating..... Am not really a guru with dog medication....

3: and I should over groom her , not like I know what that means.

So gurus in the house what is your take on this. My dog will be coming on heat soon
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by EMriss(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2016
he's May be right but I a ggree with him completely on no.3...it's to increase her rate of survival..really can't xplain deep now
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by edyken001: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2016
OK thanks.. I need more reply
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by Taystee: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
DHLPP should be given before mating and not after.

1 Like

Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by edyken001: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
OK thanks
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by egorov(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Maybe ur vet wanted to tell you to give dhlpp 4weeks before the oestrus cycle, cos its not advisable to give after mating

1 Like

Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by barcaboi(m): 1:37am On Dec 25, 2016
deworming a day b4 mating is totally wrong and this is coming from som1 that's tried many times and wondred
why dogs ddnt catch.....dewormer doesn't flush away in a day and it interferes wt d flow of sperm and egg drop so it is a bad idea...u either deworm on 1st day of heat or early days ot forget it......
also folic acid is known 2 allow more egg drops and is a good option and vits generally so why not give moringa wch contains lots of dis vitamin. ..google effect of moringa on pets

2 Likes

Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by xana101: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is interesting. We need more gurus in d house to educate us
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by atoleybaba(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
Well sorry to bust ur bubbles mayb u didn't get d vet info properly or d vet didn't get ur question to him before providing all dx info or d vet isn't just a good vet. All these steps can never I repeat NEVER increase the litter size of ur dog... 1. The 1st suggestion he gave u is to help clean d dam womb from worm. In that when she gets preg she won't transmit d worm to the pups. Deworming ur dog doesn't increase or decrease ur litter size

2. If u want to give ur dam any form of medication be it antibiotics or what av u it is often advice u do that before mating. Giving ur dogs dhlpp 4weeks after mating(4weeks preg) might be dangerous for d pups in d womb and could either lead to abortion or deforming d pups

3. I don't undeerstand what he means by grooming buh what I know is u can't determine d litter size of ur pup with these suggestions

Dam releases egg during ovulation and depending on how many eggs d male sperm is able to fertilize determines d litter size of ur dam. I hope I av contributed something meaningful
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by edyken001: 2:16am On Dec 26, 2016
thanks all we need more suggestions
Re: Increasing Your Dogs Litter.. by egorov(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
If u really want your dog to have a large litter, then ovulation strip will be d best for u. It will show u when she's ovulating, and the contrast on the strip will tell u when the ovulation is at its peak.

(1) (Reply)

Super Cute Long Coat Hairy GSD Slant Pup Male And Female 4 Sale / Fabio Von Champion Of PeraGSD / Male American Eskimo Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.