Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Hillary's Lost Bid For The White House: A Look Into The Culture Of The West. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hillary's Lost Bid For The White House: A Look Into The Culture Of The West. (584 Views)

The Nigerian Culture Of Begging / The Culture Of Beads / Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillary's Lost Bid For The White House: A Look Into The Culture Of The West. by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2016
Passage Writing:
Hilary Clinton's lost bid for the White House.
By: Alero Ajems
Hilary Clinton's lost bid for the white house, puts the concept of 'feminism and the world' into a complex situation.
I ask questions like; ' does the world accept feminism in full support, or is it just an idea that must be tolerated as long as it does not interfere with the cycle of things?'.
And 'are the heroes of feminism (the main pursuiants if this cause) merely celebrated and applauded in order that the world might appear open minded?'.
It is amazing how a lot of popularity is given to this movement and yet we no impartation of the core values of what it claims to fight for. Lets take an example of the just concluded presidential race for the white house, it was almost silently assumed that Hillary Clinton was the woman for the job and that America had at last embraced Feminism in trueness of its actions and was ready for her first female President.
When Hillary Clinton lost, i must saw to me it shook to its core the fear i had that she was loved because she had without doubt not inly being in government for more than a decade but also helped move a lot of human rights laws that had not only shaken the values of americans but had also tipped the scales of those values and what they were to represent for a long time.
We may never fully know why Hillary Clinton lost her bid for the white house, but there are countless reasons of which i feel these 3 are paramount:
1. She had been in government for over a decade and Americans needed someone new.
2. Her moral values had with power and prominence depreciated over time and frankly americans are afraid of what she may do in future.
3. She is a woman, and as much as people would deny this theory, it is almost certainly true. For no matter how much america presents itself as a nation that is open minded and fights for human rights, there are certain degrees of imbalance that being a female comes with.
#feminismatotscore
#feminismandreality
#weshouldallbefeminists
Re: Hillary's Lost Bid For The White House: A Look Into The Culture Of The West. by whitebeard(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2016
Op this is not about feminism.. The word has seen female presidents... But Clinton' case is different... can't use feminism card for presidency in that kind of situation... I knew she was going to lose based on the kind on government she support and proposed.. Americans are crazy people they like crazy stuff.. That's why Donald won the election..!!
Re: Hillary's Lost Bid For The White House: A Look Into The Culture Of The West. by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2016
whitebeard:
Op this is not about feminism.. The word has seen female presidents... But Clinton' case is different... can't use feminism card for presidency in that kind of situation... I knew she was going to lose based on the kind on government she support and proposed.. Americans are crazy people they like crazy stuff.. That's why Donald won the election..!!
Hmmm.
Thanks for your perspective shared.
Re: Hillary's Lost Bid For The White House: A Look Into The Culture Of The West. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2016
whitebeard:
And tp think you registrred on nairaland on my birth date.
I will just keep shut.
Some things are deliberate while others are coincidence.
What category will i place this now...
Hmm...
I case my rest.

(1) (Reply)

“if You’re Not Happy With Your President, Vote Him Out” – Ooni Of Ife To Nigeria / I Need To Learn Yoruba / Oba Of Benin Commissions Revamped Edo Traffic Management Agency (video,pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.