Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers (682 Views)

Independence Day: MTN Is Giving Its Customers 200% Bonus On All Data Plans / MTN Nigeria Introducing The Findme App To Help Safe The Lives Of Its Customers / Mtn Nigeria Deliberately Stealing From Its Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by koolJ1(f): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
I usually get all issues resolved offline but this one deserves to be brought to the internet. It is particularly horrible.

On Dec 10, I recharged N400 worth of airtime on my MTN line. I urgently needed to make a call but on dialling, the recording said 'you have insufficient credit'. I was perplexed...I mean, I'd just recharged. Due to the urgency of the call, I further recharged N200 so I could make the call.

As expected, I should have had N600 as my account balance but when I did check, I had exactly N203 (I had 3 naira before). This was before I placed the call I wanted to make. Where did the initial N400 go?

I took it in stride, believing it would be easily reversed but here I am today, still battling with inept customer care agents.

When the airtime did not auto-reverse, on Dec 11, I called MTN customer care and I was told the system with which they would use to confirm my account details was down, that I should exercise patience. Well, no big deal, I did.

Throughout the week, I got so busy and couldn't call back so I resorted to engaging them on whatsapp. I chatted with at least 9 different agents who were so useless, it hurt. Responses were not timely, and by the time I followed up, another agent would have taken over so I had to start afresh. This ensured that I did not make any headway via the whatsapp channel. (pro tip: don't tell them how disappointed you are over whatsapp, they either will not respond, do not care or are inept).

Fast forward to today, I had a lot of time on my hands so I dialled 180 again. First rep I spoke with pulled my account details but then again the same system which was down 2 weeks ago was still down! Are these guys serious?! I asked for an immediate refund anyway, she said it would take at least 24 hours and offered to transfer me to her supervisor. Well, she did. And I was on the phone line for about 10 minutes listening to all the background noise and conversations. She'd put me on hold but you can guess what happened. I didn't care though, I just needed to get it done with the time I had. After about 10 minutes of being a background listener, the line went dead.

I called back and spoke with a guy, gave him background and demanded to speak with a supervisor since the minions wouldn't be of any help. He transferred me and again, the line went dead before I could get connected.

I called back and spoke with a different lady. After I gave her a background of the situation, she said she couldn't pull my details. Wtf!, the first lady I spoke with did!!! To make it worse, she insinuated that I'd subscribed to a package (for N400!) I asked her what package I could have subscribed to that would cost a round figure of N400, hasn't sent me package information, and hasn't asked me to renew. She couldn't give a sensible answer. Again, I asked to speak with a supervisor, she said hers was not available, and that I should wait for a call back from her supervisor. I asked to be transferred to another supervisor to handle the situation. Apparently, that's a taboo in the MTN customer care system. A stooge can only transfer calls to their direct supervisor for whatever reason.

I'm livid because of the way this has gone, not because of the money involved but because of the gross ineptitude. Why would I not not be able to make calls even though I have sufficient airtime? Why would N400 be deducted without explanation? Why would a system be down for 2 weeks? Are you guys serious? Why such a high level of ineptitude? Why adopt a whatsapp platform that is basically useless? Do the agents have different orientation? Why would 1 be able to access my details and another wouldn't? Why wouldn't any available supervisor take customer complaints? And finally, why turn a usually patient person to this?!

Nobody likes to be cheated and MTN will not get away with this.

Mods, lalasticlala, please take this to front page, customers are being taken for granted daily.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by Chriswazo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
lol
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mtn na thief my brother, to make matter worst the useless ncc is not doing anything. Useless people
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by Basildvalour(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
MTN frustrates only if you want them to. For calls, l rely on others.
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mtn na thief my brother, to make matter worst the useless ncc is not doing anything. Useless people
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by JideSM: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
koolJ1:
I usually get all issues resolved offline but this one deserves to be brought to the internet. It is particularly horrible.

On Dec 10, I recharged N400 worth of airtime on my MTN line. I urgently needed to make a call but on dialling, the recording said 'you have insufficient credit'. I was perplexed...I mean, I'd just recharged. Due to the urgency of the call, I further recharged N200 so I could make the call.

As expected, I should have had N600 as my account balance but when I did check, I had exactly N203 (I had 3 naira before). This was before I placed the call I wanted to make. Where did the initial N400 go?

I took it in stride, believing it would be easily reversed but here I am today, still battling with inept customer care agents.

When the airtime did not auto-reverse, on Dec 11, I called MTN customer care and I was told the system with which they would use to confirm my account details was down, that I should exercise patience. Well, no big deal, I did.

Throughout the week, I got so busy and couldn't call back so I resorted to engaging them on whatsapp. I chatted with at least 9 different agents who were so useless, it hurt. Responses were not timely, and by the time I followed up, another agent would have taken over so I had to start afresh. This ensured that I did not make any headway via the whatsapp channel. (pro tip: don't tell them how disappointed you are over whatsapp, they either will not respond, do not care or are inept).

Fast forward to today, I had a lot of time on my hands so I dialled 180 again. First rep I spoke with pulled my account details but then again the same system which was down 2 weeks ago was still down! Are these guys serious?! I asked for an immediate refund anyway, she said it would take at least 24 hours and offered to transfer me to her supervisor. Well, she did. And I was on the phone line for about 10 minutes listening to all the background noise and conversations. She'd put me on hold but you can guess what happened. I didn't care though, I just needed to get it done with the time I had. After about 10 minutes of being a background listener, the line went dead.

I called back and spoke with a guy, gave him background and demanded to speak with a supervisor since the minions wouldn't be of any help. He transferred me and again, the line went dead before I could get connected.

I called back and spoke with a different lady. After I gave her a background of the situation, she said she couldn't pull my details. Wtf!, the first lady I spoke with did!!! To make it worse, she insinuated that I'd subscribed to a package (for N400!) I asked her what package I could have subscribed to that would cost a round figure of N400, hasn't sent me package information, and hasn't asked me to renew. She couldn't give a sensible answer. Again, I asked to speak with a supervisor, she said hers was not available, and that I should wait for a call back from her supervisor. I asked to be transferred to another supervisor to handle the situation. Apparently, that's a taboo in the MTN customer care system. A stooge can only transfer calls to their direct supervisor for whatever reason.

I'm livid because of the way this has gone, not because of the money involved but because of the gross ineptitude. Why would I not not be able to make calls even though I have sufficient airtime? Why would N400 be deducted without explanation? Why would a system be down for 2 weeks? Are you guys serious? Why such a high level of ineptitude? Why adopt a whatsapp platform that is basically useless? Do the agents have different orientation? Why would 1 be able to access my details and another wouldn't? Why wouldn't any available supervisor take customer complaints? And finally, why turn a usually patient person to this?!

Mods, lalasticlala, please take this to front page, customers are being taken for granted daily.

Hi koolJ1, I am truly sorry about this experience, I wish to let you know that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are resolved. I will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by koolJ1(f): 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
JideSM:

Hi koolJ1, I am truly sorry about this experience, I wish to let you know that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are resolved. I will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards

Hi,

I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?
Re: Mtn's Shabby Treatment Of Its Customers by pr0blem: 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
koolJ1:

I feel your pain I too have experienced it, just port to another network

(1) (Reply)

Images.samsung To Release Phones With Bendable Screens In 2017 / You Can Now Live Stream On Facebook Using Your Desktop Or Laptop Computer / Finally Carriers Announce Galaxy S8 And S8+ Availability And Pricing Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.