Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Beer Or Wine? Which Is More Beneficial? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beer Or Wine? Which Is More Beneficial? (1143 Views)

Get Your Beer Or Drinks Cool In Less Than 10 Minute Using Salt / Nigerian Breweries Launches Stella Larger Beer, Many Reconsider Naming Daughters / Most Nutritious And Beneficial Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beer Or Wine? Which Is More Beneficial? by crankie(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
The age-long dispute between which booze is better for the body has been on for quite a while. Both beer and wine are loved and consumed for their unique taste and quality. However, some medical quarters have argued that one of those liquors is way better than the other.
This post will carefully analyse the contents and benefits of both beer and wine in order to have an idea of what drink carries the upper hand.

Beer Positives

Beer contains hops which have been proven to treat anxiety, restlessness, and even insomnia.
Beer is highly nutritious as it contains fibre, protein, B vitamins, niacin, and folate. No wonder people who drink it feel like they just had a meal.
Recent studies in mice have proven that hops may prevent obesity meaning, beer might not necessarily make you fat.
A different study found in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition also discovered that beer filled with incredibly more hops can increase bone mineral density or in other words, make your bones much stronger.

Wine Positives

A 5-ounce glass of red wine has roughly 125 calories.
Red wine contains potassium. A single glass has about 187mg of it which contributes to about 4% of the body’s daily need. Wine has also been discovered to contain a generous amount of fibre too.
According to a study it was discovered that small doses of resveratrol, found in red wine, can dull the effects of aging.
Flavonoids present in wine may protect the skin from harmful Ultra Violet rays

Summary

While a lot of people may be concerned about the amount of calories they take in, it should also be noted that less calories and antioxidants do not necessarily make for a healthier drink. Beer, despite its larger calorie content, offers a lot of nutritional value that will make wine look like coloured water. However, many folks still believe that wine is good for the heart even though most of the potential benefits are mainly found in red wine. Both drinks are great and provide excellent benefits for the body but moderation is the key factor that determines how well you enjoy these drinks particularly during this festive period.

Supermart offers a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. You can make an order today and have it delivered to your doorstep in the fastest time possible.
Re: Beer Or Wine? Which Is More Beneficial? by freesinzu(m): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
Voldka is the best wink

2 Likes

Re: Beer Or Wine? Which Is More Beneficial? by claremont(m): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
I miss Don Simon red wine, I used to drink a pack every evening in Naija. I'm more of a whisky and/or cider person now, I hate beer with a passion. I might go for the occasional Guinness though.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Iceland Leader Set To Outlaw Pineapple As Pizza Toppings / See The Bird I Killed Earlier Today In My Place Of Service.. / Order Yams And Snails In Large Quantities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.