Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. (19120 Views)

Recharge Your Phone & Get Paid...no Skill Required "Ask Me How"? / MTN: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola — And We Paid No Bribe / 11 Tech Things We Did Back In Day That Seem So Freaking Weird Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by naptu2: 12:10am On Dec 24, 2016
MTN: We did not sack Oyagbola — and we paid no bribe.

MTN Nigeria has denied reports that it sacked Amina Oyagbola, the human resources and corporate service executive, for her role in the alleged bribing of Nigerian authorities to reduce its fine.

The telecom giant, in a statement released on Friday, said Oyagbola made the “voluntary decision to resign after serving MTN for 12 years as the longest serving director”.

The company denied once again allegations that it paid bribe to have the fine slashed from N1.04 trillion to N330 billion.

THE FULL STATEMENT

Our attention has been drawn to a report published on December 23, 2016 by an online website – about our retiring Human Resources and Corporate Service Executive, Amina Oyagbola.

To be clear, we state without equivocation that the story is untrue, malicious, defamatory, with the goal of damaging our hard-earned reputation, as well as that of our highly respected executive, Amina Oyagbola, who has served our company for 12 meritorious years.

To address the issues raised in the article:

- As we have stated at various times in the past, we categorically deny the accusation that MTN (or its employees) offered a bribe to a government official over the NCC fine.

- Secondly, there is absolutely no truth to the accusation that Mrs Amina Oyagbola who is our Human Resources and Corporate Services Executive was fired. She made the voluntary decision to resign after serving MTN for 12 years as the longest serving Executive, during this period she also served as a Director on the boards of the MTN Nigeria Foundation, MTN Benin and Visafone.

Amina has made the decision to take a well-deserved break after almost 30 years of providing her leadership skills and expertise to various multinational organisations in corporate Nigeria. 

In conclusion, we would like to reassure our customers and stakeholders in the public and private sector that MTN continues to subscribe to the highest ethical standards in all its activities.We take great pains to ensure that we do business with honesty and integrity, and cherish our reputation. As such we will be considering all options (including legal) to redress this grave injustice against our brand.

We want to take this opportunity to call on the publishers of the said article to immediately retract this falsehood and issue a public apology to MTN and Mrs Amina Oyagbola.

https://www.thecable.ng/.WF2TtuTqF9I.twitter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by wunmi590(m): 12:18am On Dec 24, 2016
Yesterday Nairaland, moved a thread to the front page that this so called lady have been sacked.

Now you moved another one that it was a Lie from MTN.

Make sure you confirm news before moving news to frontpage.

Seun reorientate your mod, so that they won't use your forum as a dumping ground.

But majority of people who have been shouting first to comment as if Seun has a gift for you, what is there to celebrate? (shior)

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by mykeljosef: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2016
ftc
wunmi590:

see me see wahala
ftc thief

2 Likes

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by efizzymanizzy: 12:19am On Dec 24, 2016
MMM
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Kunleskey(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2016
Pls can someone tell me who is lying here MTN or them?...maybe the poster below me can tell us more undecided
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Ndkings1(m): 12:20am On Dec 24, 2016
realy
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by stevebond007(m): 12:22am On Dec 24, 2016
You did MTN!
Now you doing public dressing

3 Likes

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by recievesense: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2016
mykeljosef:
ftc

see me see wahala

ftc thief
lol
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Lusola15: 12:25am On Dec 24, 2016
no smoke without fire

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by mapet: 12:26am On Dec 24, 2016
That is why the credibility of many of these online news media will be called to question. Many so called social media influencers some times behave like lap-dogs who jump at news and start the viral spread without verifying the authenticity.

@Sahara Reporters to me just do news by the numbers and less of the quality, authenticity and facts. Some times they get it way wrong and such is off-putting

4 Likes

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by duni04(m): 12:26am On Dec 24, 2016
naptu2:

We want to take this opportunity to call on the publishers of the said article to immediately retract this falsehood and issue a public apology to MTN and Mrs Amina Oyagbola.

https://www.thecable.ng/.WF2TtuTqF9I.twitter
....or else what?

These criminals in MTN know the truth that's why they can't even threaten to sue Sahara reporters for defamation. I trust Sahara reporters if they accuse you and you deny, they'll provide tons and tons of evidence to finally nail you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by wunmi590(m): 12:27am On Dec 24, 2016
mykeljosef:
ftc

see me see wahala

ftc thief

Lmaooo, so you were expecting to be first to comment right?

Go and sleep grin

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Of course that's what Mtn would say. They won't admit to firing their HR head

3 Likes

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by sapientia(m): 12:27am On Dec 24, 2016
damage control.

3 Likes

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Whether she was sacked or not ,nobody cares.
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Why would nairaland be a safe ground for unfounded and fabricated news. Why should unverified news be on front page. Yesterday u posted one and today is the opposite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by mykeljosef: 12:31am On Dec 24, 2016
wunmi590:

Lmaooo, so you were expecting to be first to comment right?

Go and sleep grin

lol i wan curse you sef...

no worry na so next year go be for you

you go carry first in all you do

curse someone else

happy holidays or merry Christmas eve lol
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Kunleskey(m): 12:31am On Dec 24, 2016
mapet:
That is why the credibility of many of these online news media will be called to question. Many so called social media influencers some times behave like lap-dogs who jump at news and start the viral spread without verifying the authenticity.

@Sahara Reporters to me just do news by the numbers and less of the quality, authenticity and facts. Some times they get it way wrong and such is off-putting
What do u expect frm them? nobe to make their own money

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Tobycharles: 12:32am On Dec 24, 2016
There r always 3 sides to a story; urs mine n d truth

2 Likes

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Orikinla(m): 12:33am On Dec 24, 2016

Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Jchi9876: 12:34am On Dec 24, 2016
JoKe
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by wunmi590(m): 12:34am On Dec 24, 2016
mykeljosef:

lol i wan curse you sef...

no worry na so next year go be for you

you go carry first in all you do

curse someone else

happy holidays or merry Christmas eve lol

Lol, thanks same here wink
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by takenadoh: 12:34am On Dec 24, 2016
i read through everything before trying to comment, I guess most people are thinking about Christmas rice or searching for ATM with cash loaded in it to withdraw from. Anyway back to the topic I will love to see this take a legal angle, so people will stop spreading falsehood.

[url]thenaijalisting..com[/url]
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Earth2Metahuman: 12:36am On Dec 24, 2016
Nairaland the refuse dump

Sahara reporters losing its reputation.
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by mapet: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2016
Kunleskey:
What do u expect frm them? nobe to make their own money

By spreading false stories? That is not making money, that is something else
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by maberry(m): 12:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Mtn and Sahara reporters
Make una take time o angry
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by Belmot(m): 12:42am On Dec 24, 2016
Nairaland is now a dustbin for fake unverified news.
Re: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. by quiverfull(m): 12:46am On Dec 24, 2016
There is NOTHING ethical about how MTN operates in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" / I Bought Redmi 8 Because Of Nairaland Now This Is Happening / There Are Fake Versions Of Infinix HOT NOTE In Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.