Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Biko....does Your Christmas Feel Like Mine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biko....does Your Christmas Feel Like Mine? (359 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Upload Your Christmas Selfie Here / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biko....does Your Christmas Feel Like Mine? by ericadianas(f): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2016
Does your Christmas feel like mine?
I really want to know.
Is it just me?
Am I missing something or you feel the same way too.
My house is packed with 17 extended family members yet I feel so lonely and left out;
I feel so old at such a young age.
I don't hear the giggle bells or see the imaginary snow men I use to see when I was 7.
I didn't reflect back to the birth of Jesus like I did last year.
I don't see the essence why everyone was so busy in the market on December 24th
Or why things were so expensive.

I don't get why there is a rush.
I don't get why lovebirds are making me feel like I'll die single before next year.
I don't get why there is so much alcohol in the fridge or why my street is decorated with colourful ribbons.
I don't understand why money is being knocked out for a two seconds loud sounded pleasure, disturbing the innermost part of my brains.
I don't understand why the traffic kept me for 3 hours today on my way back from the market on the 24th (I was forced to go by my granny).

I don't get it because the society is....or rather has built a vague thought in our minds over time.
It has distracted us from essense and imprisoned us in pretence.
We no longer see Christmas as a time when the saviour was born but as a time to just celebrate (For reasons we don't even recongise).
Marketers see it as a time to promote their businesses,
Girls see it as the best time to open their legs.
We see it as a time to explore rather than to secure our minds for the Lord Jesus Christ.
Or as a time to just be happy (by force) for reasons we actually can't deep our hands into.

Christmas is today right?
See that as a reason for the very first time to scream "Thank God its Sunday"
"TGIS" or "TGIC" (or whatever you wanna scream).
See it as a time to appreciate the fact that a saviour was born onto you.
As a time to be glad, happy, generous, all because one man took it upon him self to take the bullets (oh! Sorry.....The nails) for your sake.
And maybe......I might have a beautiful reason to not feel lonely is the midst of more than a dozen loved ones.

Source: http://www.ericadianas.com/2016/12/what-you-need-to-do-this-christmas.html?m=1

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Todd White - Radical Healing Of Ears In Jesus' Name / Where Your Treasure Is / Can Faith Alone Take Me To Heaven?or Do I Need More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.