Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

A Christian Story: The Reason For The Season - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Christian Story: The Reason For The Season (492 Views)

DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) / A Very Short Christian Story: "Talitha Cumi" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Story: The Reason For The Season by Blessytee(f): 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Esther came back from market exhausted. She had shopped for all that she would need for the celebration, the clothes, shoes, bags and the food!

She sat to think of what had happened in the market. She had met a lady who was "jejely" talking to her friend about people's actions during Christmas festivities.

"Some 'Christians' celebrate the birth of Christ they do not know"

This statement surprised everyone there, including the lady's friend. As they gave a "how-come?" look.

"Yea. I'm not mistaken" she quickly added, noticing the way people looked at her.

She looked scared; with thoughts that a slap could come her way.
She however made things go worse with her "I'm not mistaken". She ought to go straight to the point.

"You are sick" her friend retorted.

"No. I'm not. Just hear out my reasons."

People wondered what she wanted to say after that gibberish, how could Christians not know Christ? They waited for her to say further, therefore, they gave her more attention.

Esther made up her mind to deal with her because she hates it when fools pretend to be wise. "What if an unbeliever is here? She would have disgraced Christianity. Just say anything silly" Esther talked to herself, looking at the lady with a stern look.

"Erm, do we even know the essence of this celebration when we frustrate His grace upon our lives?" she added "This grace is given to us because of His coming"

"Knowing Christ means maximizing His grace. How many Christians maximize His grace? How many Christians know Him?"

"Hmm" that was the only thing her friend could do.

"So tell me, who is sick here? When all you could do is to sigh" the lady teased with a wink.

Of a truth, the Word is sharper than any two-edged sword as it pierced Esther's soul.

What is the essence of celebration when you disobey God?

Why do you celebrate the birth of the One you continually nail to cross when you disobey His Word?

The celebration is irrelevant without obedience to God.

Check your life, are you making good use of His grace upon your life?

Don't just celebrate because others are celebrating. But because your celebration would be accepted of Him. And how can this be possible? Repent of all your sins as you confess them.
Live your life to please Him.

Sounding like that lady, how many Christians know Jesus by maximizing His grace?

Remember, He's the reason for the season. Do what will please Him always.

Shalom!

This piece was also posted on NELOC [www.neloc.com.ng], Gospel Breed [www.gospelbreed.com], and Gospel Academy [www.wetrainchristians.].

Merry Christmas!

(1) (Reply)

Story Writers Needed Urgently / I Need This Book. / My Short Stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.