Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors (8929 Views)

U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors / Lexus ES Digital Side-view Monitor Vs Audi Etron Virtual Mirror,which Is Better? / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Mckey(f): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Good day guys, merry Christmas everyone.

Earlier today, I picked up something very interesting. About the correct way of setting the side view mirrors. It said the mirrors should show you what’s in the other lanes, not the side of your car. I did little research online and came to the conclusion that it was correct, cos this way the mirrors cover a wider area.

I noticed this method will be perfect in highways but will not be very good when leaving a parking lot with so many cars.

I am a relatively new driver. I started 'active' driving about about seven months ago. I was taught by a friend n some tips I picked up online. I have always thought by setting my side view mirrors so I could see the side of my cay was d best way.

Will I be adjusting the mirror every now and then to suit the situation?

Please experienced drivers react to this.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by perfectwazobia1: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
Do whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Whizpeter(m): 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
Whatever feels comfortable for you, do it...

Protocols don too much for this life, even side mirror wan start im own headache... Na wa ooo

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Mckey(f): 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
Well, knowing what is right won't hurt anyone wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by saxwizard(m): 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
U just have to learn the lagos driver style to complement

u knw what I mean?

poking ur head out of ur car to check for ur sef........ learn little slang too like yiwo e soun....were ma gba moto mi etc.....

na fun I tell u

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by kingreign(m): 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is the best way to set your side mirror to minimize blind spots.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Originalsly: 12:09am On Dec 26, 2016
As on pix posted above.... you need to see a small section of the side of the car. I think from this you can judge if a car is directly or partially behind you... or how far away it is in the next lane.

9 Likes

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Mckey(f): 1:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Nice one guys. I am learning.
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Lexusgs430: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2016
kingreign:
This is the best way to set your side mirror to minimize blind spots.

What of us that our vehicles have blind spot encroach alarm (blind spot detection system) ?
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:53am On Dec 26, 2016
Nice one... in order news.. nairaland. Beach party holding january 2 is going to be fun and intresting don't miss it guys.. for more information check my signature.. or pm.
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by alsudaes1(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2016
Whizpeter:
Whatever feels comfortable for you, do it...

Protocols don too much for this life, even side mirror wan start im own headache... Na wa ooo

I swear. . .

And THAT ultimate death will still catch up with humans
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by 234GT(m): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2016
Automatic mirror controls ensure you can always change your mirror settings all the time to meet different demands.

3 Likes

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by calddon(m): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2016
You should see objects behind you effortlessly with a well positioned side mirror
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by spaggyy(m): 6:58am On Dec 26, 2016
little advice from my 8 years of driving

set ur mirror to slightly view the side of ur car body...

and get a rounded blind spot mirror attached to the outer angle of the side mirror ....this mirror will give you the entire side view of your car... you can even see the other side of the road..

but note: objects in the blind spot mirror are very close than they appear

see my signature

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by mccoy47(m): 7:01am On Dec 26, 2016
The pix above says it all!

Thread closed angry
Everybody go home!!!

3 Likes

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Estimable(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2016
Na so grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by kingreign(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

What of us that our vehicles have blind spot encroach alarm (blind spot detection system) ?

How many of you guys take heed to that alarm? grin
I don see E350 with that thingy that strayed and was badly bruised.

[size=1pt]na woman drive am sha[/size] grin
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by An0nimus: 7:10am On Dec 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Fold the side mirrors before keke and okada riders delete am

1 Like

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by perfectwazobia1: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2016
kingreign:

How many of you guys take heed to that alarm? grin
I don see E350 with that thingy that strayed and was badly bruised.

[size=1pt]na woman drive am sha[/size]
grin

What do you mean grin grin that women are not good drivers
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Goldenheart(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2016
Set it in a way that when you sit comfortable you can see 20% - 30% side of your car.. grin without bending, twisting, twerking to see what's behind

When someone uses my car, I realized they must ve changed the settings to suite them.

Hence, different strokes for different folks smiley

1 Like

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by kingreign(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2016
perfectwazobia1:

What do you mean grin grin that women are not good drivers
I'm not saying anything o, im not a male chauvinist grin cool
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Wow, what kind of car is that and how does it work?
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Nutase: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2016
wink
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by jay0: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2016
Your mirrors should be set to see around you when driving, also avoid blind spots. You dont need to see your car body with your side mirrors when driving except you wanna reverse
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Goldenheart(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2016
There are bus drivers who drives without both mirrors on the highway cry
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by iamkingzlee(m): 7:33am On Dec 26, 2016
ha! Do they now teach people how to set a side mirror? well, set it to face outside. So you can see cars coming from behind both sides. when facing outside it should show a little bit of your car sides
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by mfm04622: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2016
jay0:
Your mirrors should be set to see around you when driving, also avoid blind spots. You dont need to see your car body with your side mirrors when driving except you wanna reverse

You do.
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Mckey(f): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2016
jay0:

That is the problem, you mean when I am reversing I adjust it again? I am learning.
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by Mckey(f): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2016
spaggyy:
little advice from my 8 years of driving

set ur mirror to slightly view the side of ur car body...

and get a rounded blind spot mirror attached to the outer angle of the side mirror ....this mirror will give you the entire side view of your car... you can even see the other side of the road..

but note: objects in the blind spot mirror are very close than they appear

see my signature

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by iluvpomo(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
@ Mckey : Another worthy and cheap investment is a 'blind spot mirror' . You fix them on to your regular side mirrors at a corner and it provides a much wider view for you in addition to your standard side mirror. See the attached image. The car on your side is not in view in your side mirror but is seen in the 'wide angle' view provided by the small curved mirror.

1 Like

Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by AfroKnight: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
Goldenheart:
Set it in a way that when you sit comfortable you can see 20% - 30% side of your car.. grin without bending, twisting, twerking to see what's behind

When someone uses my car, I realized they must ve changed the settings to suite them.

Hence, different strokes for different folks smiley

Lmao

Dem dey twerk inside car?
Re: Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors by project8(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2016
this explains it all

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) / 6 Symptoms Of A Failing Alternator / Quick Steps On How To Handle A Stuck Accelerator Pedal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.