Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Deed Of Assignment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Deed Of Assignment (3614 Views)

Deed Of Assignment Explained / Buy 6 Plots Get 1 Free + A Free Deed Of Assignment / You Don't Have A Land, If You Don't Have A Deed Of Assignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deed Of Assignment by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
How much is it to prepare a deed of assignment in Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Deed Of Assignment by whirlwind7(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
I don't think there's a fixed price on it. Just depends on the lawyer whose services you are using.
Some will charge a certain percentage of the cost of the property.
So, ask your lawyer.
Re: Deed Of Assignment by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hi, I just wanted an estimate
Re: Deed Of Assignment by ipeg34yahooco: 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
veralu:
Hi, I just wanted an estimate

Hi,
The usual practice is 10% for a property of 1m and below and 5% for a property above a million.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
www.summitsolicitors.com
Re: Deed Of Assignment by tsiriman(m): 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2016
ipeg34yahooco:

Hi,
The usual practice is 10% for a property of 1m and below and 5% for a property above a million.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
www.summitsolicitors.com

5% is too much, so you mean someone who buys a property of say 50m will now pay 2.5m even after paying agents? Is too much. 150k to 200k looks more reasonable.
Re: Deed Of Assignment by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 28, 2016
Hmmm, it sounds expensive,
Re: Deed Of Assignment by ipeg34yahooco: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
veralu:
Hmmm, it sounds expensive,

Pls look beyond the price and rather consider it from the view of a contract binding your good self with the seller and securing your interest in the land.

Although,the deed of assignment confers on you an equitable interest until you perfect your title which confers on you a legal interest. It is still a step in the right direction.

Sometimes,the lawyer may consider a reduction in the percentage but I will rather you consider what the deed confers on you rather the price you pay for it.

All the best.
Re: Deed Of Assignment by Intanet(m): 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
It's #30,000 naira least in Abuja. Don't know of that Lagos sh*t

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Land With C Of O @ 50% Off / *URBAN CREST 2 *TITLE* : Gazette 08115359141 / Various Flats And Duplexes To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 Down To Thomas Estate Ajah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.