Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

No Atheist In The Wilderness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Atheist In The Wilderness (1995 Views)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / All Xtians Come In: Questions No Atheist Will Answer / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
I was watching National Geographic Channel some months back, It was an episode of "Ultimate Survivor" with Barrack Obama on the show.
At the end of the show, Bear grills prayed for the president of the United states, asking God to guide the president and bless him.

Obama made a statement that got me thinking, " No atheist in the wilderness, no atheism when you are lost at sea..." It got me thinking.

I could imagine a boat lost at sea, parked with men without religion and superstition.

I could imagine a storm taking the boat off course.

I could imagine these strong defiant men, fighting the winds and waves.

I could imagine these men running out of food.

I could imagine this men enduring painful cold nights, the cold cruising through their mortal bodies and leaving pain in it's wake.

I could imagine the man staring into the darkness looking around at the supposed endless boundless ocean.

No one in sight...

No light but that of the stars and moon.

Shivering...

The hunger...

Then a ROAR!!!

What is that?.. Again a shadow creeps by...!

It's under the boat!

Peeping from the sides unto the water illuminated by the lone moon...

Yes! It's under the boat!

Alas! It's larger than the boat!

Goodness! What is it? The boat which is their only protection all of a sudden becomes insignificant. For the shadow beneath must be 10times larger!

They have heard the legends, the monsters and the mysteries. The unknown lurks in the dark.

These are brave men. They have always held their own. They work to feed their families, the work to make a home, they fall trees to make fire to keep themselves and their families warm. They have killed beasts of the field, air and sea and fed on their flesh.

Now death has come to feed on their own flesh.

The devil reaches out for their souls.

Men that never called on God can only hold on to God now, for here their strength is f no good. Death comes calling only the hand of an Almighty is able to save.

They find good.

The night passes, there is land just a few kilometers away! The hand of God has taken them to shore!

Getting to land, every sailor goes on his knees praising God. The God that heard them in their distress and saved their souls!

God Almighty! I will worship you forever, for only you could have saved my soul.

3 Likes

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
There are 2 sets of men in life.

Those who make their own destinies and those whose destinies are made by others and circumstances.

Rebellion against God is the beginning man conquering nature. For even the bible acknowledges the tower of babel a symbol of man's determination, aspiration, the beginning of dreaming the impossible. For over 5000years later an american looked to the sky and said before the end of the decade man shall set foot on the moon and it came to pass.

The fall of all great empires comes from man handing his fate to God.

For God shall not fight your battles, God will not cure or eradicate your diseases, No! God would not make you travel faster than sound.

Man defying nature, defying God has brought us all these. We have conquered the seas, we have conquered the sky. We have ended many plagues. Man did all these...

BUT in the face of weakness and helplessness, man imagined God!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Religion is for the weak.

But aint we all weak? What is man but the breath of his nose. Take that away and man is nothing.

Allahu akbah

Almighty God be praised the giver of life.

Ibogirl1,Talk2bryant, allanphash7, newpundit, AdamuUcheOla, lepasharon, Uyi168, Sheenor, dragonEmperor, BuchiPrinzy, CltrAltDelicious, sample042, alves4, dwilliams, BlackHummer, mjconcept, foxe, Badboiz, gracehart32, Intrepid01, Immorttal, santori, Stanleyafam, elkonS, voizofone, KGBEAST, Ayomikun37
donnffd cloudgoddess, johnydon22, hahn, hopefullandlord, seun, mimzyy, temmy4fash, joagbaje, tdada, elkons, slowride, mrmrmister, jumaiM, liteking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
God has found relevance in the mysteries our frail minds are confronted with, for only in them will God ever be relevant. Else man wld have never created God.

Atheists are strong!

Atheists defy circumstances!

Atheists make their own destinies and live with the consequences of their actions.

Ending the Year an Atheist, will always be an atheist. #PROUDATHEIST

Thank you all for being part of my 2016.

Ibogirl1,Talk2bryant, allanphash7, newpundit, AdamuUcheOla, lepasharon, Uyi168, Sheenor, dragonEmperor, BuchiPrinzy, CltrAltDelicious, sample042, alves4, dwilliams, BlackHummer, mjconcept, foxe, Badboiz, gracehart32, Intrepid01, Immorttal, santori, Stanleyafam, elkonS, voizofone, KGBEAST, Ayomikun37
donnffd cloudgoddess, johnydon22, hahn, hopefullandlord, seun, mimzyy, temmy4fash, joagbaje, tdada, elkons, slowride, mrmrmister, jumaiM, liteking ,pweeryambre, reallest wink, weah96

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Thebrightest(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Mimzyy(f): 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Happy new year in advance HardMirror. God loves you still wink.
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:
Happy new year in advance HardMirror. God loves you still wink.
Thanks baby girl

1 Like

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by mrmrmister: 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
cool

6 Likes

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Image123(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
HardMirror:
I was watching National Geographic Channel some months back, It was an episode of "Ultimate Survivor" with Barrack Obama on the show.
At the end of the show, Bear grills prayed for the president of the United states, asking God to guide the president and bless him.

Obama made a statement that got me thinking, " No atheist in the wilderness, no atheism when you are lost at sea..." It got me thinking.

I could imagine a boat lost at sea, parked with men without religion and superstition.

I could imagine a storm taking the boat off course.

I could imagine these strong defiant men, fighting the winds and waves.

I could imagine these men running out of food.

I could imagine this men enduring painful cold nights, the cold cruising through their mortal bodies and leaving pain in it's wake.

I could imagine the man staring into the darkness looking around at the supposed endless boundless ocean.

No one in sight...

No light but that of the stars and moon.

Shivering...

The hunger...

Then a ROAR!!!

What is that?.. Again a shadow creeps by...!

It's under the boat!

Peeping from the sides unto the water illuminated by the lone moon...

Yes! It's under the boat!

Alas! It's larger than the boat!

Goodness! What is it? The boat which is their only protection all of a sudden becomes insignificant. For the shadow beneath must be 10times larger!

They have heard the legends, the monsters and the mysteries. The unknown lurks in the dark.

These are brave men. They have always held their own. They work to feed their families, the work to make a home, they fall trees to make fire to keep themselves and their families warm. They have killed beasts of the field, air and sea and fed on their flesh.

Now death has come to feed on their own flesh.

The devil reaches out for their souls.

Men that never called on God can only hold on to God now, for here their strength is f no good. Death comes calling only the hand of an Almighty is able to save.

They find good.

The night passes, there is land just a few kilometers away! The hand of God has taken them to shore!

Getting to land, every sailor goes on his knees praising God. The God that heard them in their distress and saved their souls!

God Almighty! I will worship you forever, for only you could have saved my soul.

Obama simply alluded to a passage and fact found in the Bible, he's well read. This attention seeker OP is a most confused fellow. It sucks to be a sinner.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Vick4rill(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
honestly if i am you, i will refrain myself from opening another thread or register with a different moniker..you are no longer taking serious here.!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
Vick4rill:
honestly if i am you, i will refrain myself from opening another thread or register with a different moniker..you are no longer taking serious here.!
If I was u, I wld not have posted on the thread of a man that is no longer taken serious.

1 Like

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
Image123:

Obama simply alluded to a passage and fact found in the Bible, he's well read. This attention seeker OP is a most confused fellow. It sucks to be a sinner.
Thanks for giving me attention, funny I never give you attention except u mention me. I know, I know, u can't help it wink

1 Like

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Vick4rill(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
HardMirror:

If I was u, I wld not have posted on the thread of a man that is no longer taken serious.
this does not dispute the fact that i jst told you the bitter truth. no sane person takes a liar seriously...have a nice day

1 Like

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Image123(m): 12:05am On Dec 28, 2016
HardMirror:

Thanks for giving me attention, funny I never give you attention except u mention me. I know, I know, u can't help it wink

No need to thank me, don't embarrass yourself with desperation. i don't need your attention neither do i notice the supply or lack. i don't expect you would be able to resist or challenge or debunk what i say, all you need to do is keep quiet like the devil usually does, or scamper. The scriptures is right when He says let everything that has breath praise the Lord. It's not a plea, you can't help it even in hell.
God Almighty! I will worship you forever, for only you could
have saved my soul.
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Charlesdock(m): 1:08am On Dec 28, 2016
But you said you're in search of the true God.... And now you said you will be an atheist forever. What does that mean Anyway here to save page
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by reallest(f): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2016
HardMirror:
God has found relevance in the mysteries our frail minds are confronted with, for only in them will God ever be relevant. Else man wld have never created God.

Atheists are strong!

Atheists make their own destinies and live with the consequences of their actions.

donnffd cloudgoddess, johnydon22, hahn, hopefullandlord, seun, mimzyy, temmy4fash, joagbaje, tdada, elkons, slowride, mrmrmister, jumaiM, liteking ,pweeryambre, reallest wink, weah96

Present, thanks buddy

4 Likes

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2016
Charlesdock:
But you said you're in search of the true God.... And now you said you will be an atheist forever. What does that mean Anyway here to save page
That is cos I have found God and God is also an atheist who loves atheists. God approves of Atheism. It/she/he gives no fvck to what u believe
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by HardMirror(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2016
reallest:

Present, thanks buddy
smiley
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Viktor1983(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Following
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Charlesdock(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
HardMirror:

That is cos I have found God and God is also an atheist who loves atheists. God approves of Atheism. It/she/he gives no fvck to what u believe
moti gbo o
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Deicide: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Image123:

No need to thank me, don't embarrass yourself with desperation. i don't need your attention neither do i notice the supply or lack. i don't expect you would be able to resist or challenge or debunk what i say, all you need to do is keep quiet like the devil usually does, or scamper. The scriptures is right when He says let everything that has breath praise the Lord. It's not a plea, you can't help it even in hell.
God Almighty! I will worship you forever, for only you could
have saved my soul.
WTF are you finding on This thread

1 Like

Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
HardMirror:
There are 2 sets of men in life.

Those who make their own destinies and those whose destinies are made by others and circumstances.

Rebellion against God is the beginning man conquering nature. For even the bible acknowledges the tower of babel a symbol of man's determination, aspiration, the beginning of dreaming the impossible. For over 5000years later an american looked to the sky and said before the end of the decade man shall set foot on the moon and it came to pass.

The fall of all great empires comes from man handing his fate to God.

For God shall not fight your battles, God will not cure or eradicate your diseases, No! God would not make you travel faster than sound.

Man defying nature, defying God has brought us all these. We have conquered the seas, we have conquered the sky. We have ended many plagues. Man did all these...

its better you trademark your quote if not it will be stolen ,one of the best quote ever
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Deicide:

WTF are you finding on This thread

No need to curse to express yourself, get civil. The earth still remains the Lord's and the fullness thereof. Remember.
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by hopefulLandlord: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Image123:

No need to curse to express yourself, get civil. The earth still remains the Lord's and the fullness thereof. Remember.

I hope all is well
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I hope all is well
Quite hopeful of you, all is well. And you?
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by D1official: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
HardMirror:

Atheists are strong!

One thing I will assure u is dat, at d end of life every atheist will come to realize dat they have ignorantly fought against what they would hv defended, bt by then it will be too late.
Man's desire has always bn filled with ego.
What do atheist believe in?"science" ,who created science ,man nd who created man "Nature" nd what is nature (zero answer).
How were we able to b d only being amongs D entire creature that can actually make use of itz intellect, inwhich case is d reason y science was born... NATURE. what is nature (No answer).
We Dnt believe in the invisible, bt every man inhales and exhales air every second which is invisible nd no one is actually talking abt it.
D scriptures is false and every miracle deceptive,yet itz Vry obvious that dey can Neva b a fake without D original or a lie without D truth. for (example u can't produce a fake Mercedes wxy class,simply because there's no wxy Mercedes anywhere) yet every atheist believes dat every miracle are fake.
The simple truth is that I will rather believe in that nature that made man(Jesus),than the science that man made.
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by otemanuduno: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
Denying the gods is atheism, not denying God. The atheists are a part of God, but the religious gods want us to believe that they are God. Sometimes I admire the courage of the atheists who deny the gods(Yahweh, Allah, Moloch) and tap unknowingly into the pure wealth of the unlimited knowledge of Almighty God(God the Universe) who doesn't care about your religion or belief.
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Richirich713: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
otemanuduno:
Denying the gods is atheism, not denying God. The atheists are a part of God, but the religious gods want us to believe that they are God. Sometimes I admire the courage of the atheists who deny the gods(Yahweh, Allah, Moloch) and tap unknowingly into the pure wealth of the unlimited knowledge of Almighty God(God the Universe) who doesn't care about your religion or belief.

Do u believe God is identical to the universe? If so then u an atheist bro
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by otemanuduno: 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
Richirich713:

Do u believe God is identical to the universe? If so then u an atheist bro
God is so great that we can't quantify his size. The only thing human cannot quantify its size is the Universe. God alone can quantify the Universe. Even Yahweh has weight and size according to the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH
Doctufos: Adspiramen 23:18
18. The weight of the vessel was about eighty-
two shekels. But the weight of Yahweh alone
was about thirty-eight thousand shekels.
, but Almighty God his father has no quantifiable weight and size. GOD IS GREAT.
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
HardMirror:

wink
HardMirror:

I think I'm in love
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by Richirich713: 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
otemanuduno:
God is so great that we can't quantify his size. The only thing human cannot quantify its size is the Universe. God alone can quantify the Universe. Even Yahweh has weight and size according to the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH, but Almighty God his father has no quantifiable weight and size. GOD IS GREAT.

So God Almighty according to u is the universe, right?
Re: No Atheist In The Wilderness by otemanuduno: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Richirich713:

So God Almighty according to u is the universe, right?
No God is not limited the physical Universe you and I are seeing a little fraction of it, but he is the sum total of all the energies in the Universe and all the other Universes we have not even begun to explore.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Prophetess Joins Nairaland / What If TB Joshua Faked His Own Death / Where To Get George Adegboye Tapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.