Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Da Vinci Code-- Why Should I Believe It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Da Vinci Code-- Why Should I Believe It? (1023 Views)

Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie / Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Da Vinci Code-- Why Should I Believe It? by gists: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2007
The two holy books I've read says Jesus is GOD's word:

She (i.e Mary) said, 'Lord! how can I have a son, when man has not yet touched me?' He (the angel) said, 'Thus God creates what He pleaseth. When He decrees a matter He only says BE (i.e the word BE) and it is
Q3:47

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father
John 1:14

The God I'm talking about is the one that asks us to abstain from adultry. I've not read the full novel, but the film seems to suggest that Da Vinci codes says Jesus married Mary Magdalene, and that they even had a daughter whose linage is still in europe.

Now, their's no record in the two holy books I've read that suggests Jesus legally married Mary Magdalene. If they truly had a child, that to me will translate to adultry. It will mean GOD's word contradicts itself. But we all know that's completely false!.

Can anybody enlighten me on this code thing, what's the fuss all about? Any reason why I should believe the code?
Re: Da Vinci Code-- Why Should I Believe It? by trinigirl1(f): 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2007
Re: Da Vinci Code-- Why Should I Believe It? by gists: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2007
trini_girl:

Topic already covered

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13362.64.html

Thankx

Can't keep up with these threads

(1) (Reply)

A Lesson From The Arabs / What Do You Think Am Talking About? / Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.