Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Love Is An Art - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is An Art (772 Views)

Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Dangerous Game / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lay low and say the first 'hi'
Have you ever woken up one morning, checked your inbox but it is as empty as the previous night. You check your whatsapp messages and it is still the same group messages that bores you. Your face book message is as well empty.
The first person to message you is like a special one and you become more friendly than before...You feel your day is about to be spoilt because you've wanted to be recognized.
If you've never felt this way before, then you're indeed a very popular person, and if you're in the same group as I am, then let's flow along.
It happens that you'd be in the mood to chat and feel loved but that doesn't happen. You'd feel that you don't have a special friend because that's the fact.
Recently, I went through my fb friends and studied when last I had chatted with them. Some was three years ago and even more than that.
There are people I'd sworn to not say 'hi' to except they do so. It's called prestige and honour. When I checked through them, I noticed that I hadn't replied some for years.
I then told myself "Maryam, just say 'hi'. It won't hurt you at all".
I reluctantly did so and see the swarms of messages coming in. A simple 'hi' united me with my old friends.
Most of us are guilty of this. We want the other to be the first to say 'hi' but the other also want the same thing. Sometimes, we have to be the one to make the first move.
Life is an art. It is very beautiful and lovely. Although, behind those lovely designs are mistakes and errors. Life is not always the way we want it to be but it is our duty to make ourselves happy.
Remember that life is very short to be unhappy. So forgive quickly, love truly and never forget anything that made you smile!!!
You can check me out through this social media platforms:
WATTPAD: @mareeam802
Twitter: @mareeam12
Snap chat: maryamwahab7
Nairaland: @mareeam802
Facebook: Maryam's Nitty Wall
You can send a personal mail to abdulwahabmaryam11@yahoo.com if you have contributions and suggestions.
Have a great day and be happy!
maryamnittywall..com

1 Share

Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
LIFE IS AN ART
Are you jealous of successful people?
When you watch the TV or read magazines and see how famous and successful people are being praised, do you feel that they are just different from the way you are?
Sometimes, I look at these famous people and wonder when their success journey started and how long it took them to gain their popularity. Some are them are good examples for us. They have an exemplinary lifestyle that make us wish to be like them. They are successful not just in their chosen careers, but also in their family life and belief.
On the other hand, we have some who are very successful and rich but are not good examples to us.
We have some people who don't like fame and popularity. They want to live a very private life despite being successful. We also have those who don't have the spirit of being successful. I'll tell you that success is in our hands. After having faith in God Almighty, it is our turn to put that extra effort in becoming something great in life.
We want to be successful but we spend our time watching TV, on social medias and playing games. I'm not saying that such things are bad. Of course, one needs to have fun and relax but, too much of such things are not good. We want to be successful but the successful spend time thinking of how to create new innovations. They work their heads out and read lots of fruitful books.
Who doesn't know Mark Zuckerberg? Well, if you don't, he is the founder of Facebook and he is rated among the ten richest men in the world. You think that came handy? You think that it is so easy to create such an innovation?
I'm not scaring you away from success. All I'm saying is that you should have your set future dreams and aspirations. No time is too short to start working towards achieving your dreams. Have a goal. Be hardworking, determined and very patient. Remember to never give up because the road to success is not easy and smooth. It is very rough and full of thorns. Note that there would be obstacles and trials on the way but all those will just be the test of time.
Life is an art. It is very beautiful and lovely. Although, behind those lovely designs are mistakes and errors. Life is not always the way we want it to be but it is our duty to make ourselves happy.
Remember that life is very short to be unhappy. So forgive quickly, love truly and never forget anything that made you smile!!!
You can send a personal mail to abdulwahabmaryam11@yahoo.com if you have contributions and suggestions.
maryamnittywall..com

1 Share

Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 9:46am On Jan 11, 2017
LIFE IS AN ART
How Real is Love?
Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of 'Life is an Art'.
I started writing a new story last two weeks and fortunately, I finished it last weekend. I would literally say that I'm a big fan of love stories and that's why majority of the stories I write are based on love.
The story that I'm currently posting on the Nitty Wall is about two people who met themselves by fate and fell head over heels with each other.
We see this in romantic novels, movies and dramas. The funny part is that people see this as 'Love in movies and novels'. They'll be like the perfect and fairytale love do not happen real life and that the 'prince charming' whole thing is not real.
This is why most people do not believe that love is real. You know, the characters in novels are always perfect. The girl would be extraordinary lovely and the boy dashingly handsome ): I deeply understand that it doesn't really happen that way in reality but writers have to create a perfect character that would keep the readers tuned in.
In my view, I think that people do not believe in love because they compare love with lust. These are two concepts that are indeed very confusing. For instance, when a woman have a deep infatuation for a man and things turn around later, she would have a negative view about love because she believes that she had fallen in love but got hurt.
People get married everyday but how many marriages are happy and successful? Most people manage their marriage because they have married someone they do not love.
Don't quote me wrong, love is not perfect. That is why when you love someone, you accept their individual flaws and learn to manage happily. Happy marriages are not perfect. It's just that the couples are in love with each other and manage their flaws without a third party intervening in their affairs.
The main reason why people do not believe in love is because they are impatient. In life, God have destined a soul mate for you. You don't have to search for that soul mate. She/he will come at its time naturally and you feel the bond you have together. Most people can't wait to meet this their soul mate and this make them in hurry to fall in love with the wrong person which will make them dispute the reality of love.
In summary to all I've said, love is very real. I mean very real and it is your duty to know what love truly means so that you can have a happy life. To know more about love and lust, follow our post tomorrow on Love and the People segment. It would give you a good insight to this topic.
maryamnittywall..com
Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2017
LIFE IS AN ART
What it means to be a Corper
Hey great lovers of the Nitty Wall and welcome to another edition of 'Life is an Art'.
Everyone has one in one time or the other say something negative about NYSC. It is a waste of time...The people there are very corrupt... It is very hectic and time consuming.
There are various sayings by people but it all streams to the fact that there would always be this thrilling feeling when posted for camp. NYSC has so many benefits. It trains you and create a good network in meeting friends and getting acquainted with people from different tribes and different walks of life.
Yeah, my going to camp is one of the happiest thing that have happened to me this month and I'd forever be grateful for His blessings on me.
All I'm saying is that you shouldn't deny yourself from having some form of adventure. Adventure spices life and cerates avenue for fun as well as determining new things.
maryamnittywall..com
Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
LIFE IS AN ART
The Fire and Passion For Success Is Greater Than The 'Success' Itself
Hey fans of the Nitty Wall. I welcome to another episode of 'Life is An Art'.
I decided to share my little story with you on this segment.
I was on a journey yesterday. I went to my Place of Primary Assignment and travelled home the same day. Because of that, I arrived Lagos very late in the night. I live in estate and the 'okada' riders are usually reluctant to ride inside, most especially in the night. Those that are willing charge extra for transportation.
An 'okada' rider stopped by me and I insisted that I pay hundred naira for transport.
"Don't worry. I go carry you home unto say u be corper oo". He said accepting the money I gave him.
On our ride home, he told me about the value he has for corpers.
"I like the uniform...I like am well well". He said matter-of-factly.
I asked him. "Make I borrow u my own? I fit borrow u oo".
"No o. I wan wear my own".
"Really?"
"Yes oo. I dey take lessons for morning. Na for evening I dey do this job. I wan finish school, graduate and wear this uniform. I no say e no easy but I wan wear am".
"That's very good. Have you written WAEC?"
"Ehenn na. I don write WAEC and NECO and the two results good. I wan read law for university".
"Ah. That one na too much reading oo". I exclaimed.
"To study law, one must do well in Literature, CRS and government and I do well in these subjects. I don dey prepare for university. Na for my state Ebonyi, I wan go school".
"Oh that's good. Have you saved for school?" I asked.
"Since when? I don dey save tey tey".
"Okay o. All the best. Goodnight". I paid and waved at him before entering the gate.
What amazed me about the simple 'okada' rider was his passion and striving attitude toward success. He was willing to work extra hard and remain patient just to become a graduate.
One of my most popular quote goes by, "What the heart conceive and believe, the heart achieves".
Being successful is not only about dreaming but working towards achieving that dream.
The real success is the belief, faith, hard work, fire and passion you put towards being successful. It creates a good success story for you, so that when you tell the world how you became successful, people would strive to follow your footstep and have you as their role model.
I hope you learn one or two from this story.
Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2017
LIFE IS AN ART
There is no problem in having fear. The problem is how you overcome that fear.
Good day lovely fans of the Nitty Wall and welcome to another beautiful Saturday, which is the day when we all have to rest after the week's stress.
One thing life has taught me is to always learn to face fear, to take it as a challenge and make sure you let that 'fear' out of you.
I remember the first time I learnt to let go of my fear. It was tough and very challenging. It was like the most difficult thing in the world for me to do. I looked at those who have no such fear and wished I was them. I didn't let go of that fear until I determined to do so.
No one's perfect. We all have this challenge that pull us down, that diminishes our self esteem, that make us wish we were others, that make us see ourselves as a failure, that make us feel that we are incomplete. We all have a challenge that we wish we could conquer, that we feel that conquering it can make us feel complete.
Have you ever wondered how you could overcome that fear? Thought it is really difficult? You're so wrong. It is not as difficult as you think it is.
Developing the 'I Can Do' is the driving force to overcoming your fear. Believing in God Almighty and knowing that He has all answers to your prayers. Take that fear as your challenge, as something you must do. Avoid all form of procrastination and do that 'very thing' that you've been pulling away for long. Believe in yourself. Know that you're imperfect just like every other person. Feel energized and motivated. Don't think too much of yourself. Tackle that challenge effortlessly and you see yourself climbing the success chain.
I was having a conversation with my dad this morning and the last statement I said was that; "Life has taught me a very big lesson, that having fear is not the problem, but learning to overcome that fear and taking it as a challenge".
Are you scared of writing, scared that you're not brilliant enough to excel in your academics, scared of talking in public, scared of mixing with new people?...whatever you may be scared of. This is high time to let go of that fear.
You can send a personal mail to mareeam802@gmail.com if you have contributions and suggestions.
maryamnittywall..com

Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
LIFE IS AN ART
The Fun of Being A Corper
Hey great fans of the Nitty Wall. Welcome to another segment of 'Life is An Art'.
This issue struck my mind and I thought that I had to share it.
As a corper, there are several challenges and hurdles that one has to face.
I vividly remembered when I went for the three weeks orientation camp. I felt so demoralized and frustrated. I felt that I had gone there to waste my precious time. I could hardly post on my blog despite the fact that I had carried my laptop along with me. The theft was so serious that one shouldn't have an idea that you have such in your possession. I had to apologize to my fans; mostly the anticipated readers of 'Love by Fate' series. Later, I saw the three weeks camp like a vacation; a way of doing away with all forms of work and meeting new friends.
The greatest challenge that struck me was the day we left camp. We all felt joyous of our place of primary assignments but the story changed when we got there. Most of my friends that got to their PPA (Place of Primary Assignment) on that day were rejected, except one precisely and he complained of lack of power supply in his area.
"NYSC is a waste of time and energy. It should be scrapped". I lamented.
I wouldn't forget that day. It was the day I regretted being a Nigerian. I complained to my dad about the worthlessness of NYSC. "NYSC has lost its glory years ago. It is not what it used to be. Corruption has eaten deep into the system. After studying in school for years, they want us to pass through this?" I said, almost in tears.
"Mmm". My dad said, watching me.
"Dad, the only reason NYSC is still in the system is because everyone sees it as a phase they have to pass through. It is high time we found a lasting solution to it".
"Probably during my time, NYSC would have been scrapped". My younger sister added.
"I wish I were you". I had muttered silently.
Looking back at what I had said makes me chuckle. Of course it wasn't easy at first, settling down in a new environment and starting work. However, the end result is great.
I've met lots of interesting people I know for sure I wouldn't have met if not for NYSC. Being a corper gave an avenue for meeting new and lovely friends and who would make you laugh earnestly. I've met people that have impacted positively in my life.
I was in a meeting with a group of corpers and I felt intrigued at the thought that we're all corpers.
Really? We're all corpers. Oh My gosh! I had screamed inside of me.
The greatest fun of being a corper is when people look at you in awe and respect. I work in a polytechnic and apart from being a young graduate, I also have a small stature smiley I cannot deny the fact that I find it interesting seeing the way students respect me. Students I know for sure are older than me.
I live among students since I say in a student area. A funny incident happened recently. I was in my apartment when someone knocked at my door. I opened to see a student in front of me.
"Good Morning Ma. I guess this is for you". She said, holding a peg.
She was practically bending when she said those words. What intrigued me was the 'Ma' aspect. I'm very sure that student is older than I am but being a corper, I deserve all the respect no matter my size or age smiley
The best part of this whole experience is on my CDs day, when I get to put on the khaki uniform.
I usually go to the market after CDs since it's the work free day of the week. The respect that everyone gives me is overwhelming. The lovely stare and everything makes it fun being a corper.
A bike rider (I'm really sorry I always use them as a reference point. They might be illiterates but most of them are smart) told me the challenges he feels corpers face.
"How much is even the allowance. The fact is that when one finishes serving, he/she would look for a better paid employment. I see NYSC as a way of teaching graduates what hardship means. After then, the enjoyment begins". He had said in yoruba.
I took his words and agreed with him. NYSC might be challenging but there is a greater fun attached to it. So if you pray for NYSC to be scrapped, you're gonna miss out on a whole lot of things.
I was with my friend last week and she explained how things were for her before she got settled.
"Maryam, whatever situation we are in right now, with our work or where we stay, we have to adapt because we've got no reason to complain. I remembered how I used to cry to my Parents before. Everything's changed now". She said matter-of-factly.
I say a big shout out to all the lovely friends I've made since the beginning of my service year.
Rasheedah, Nafisah, Sulayman, Abdullah, Haruna, Omar Abdur Rahman, Efe David, Hafsah, Ada, Tawakalt, Fadekemi, Safiyyah, Nuriyyah, Taoheedah, Ganiyat, Balqees, Ghazal, Esther, Seyi, Sampson, Johnson, Asiat, Mr. Oladosu Olamide...and a host of others (I'm so sorry if your name is not included). You all are wonderful and amazing. I wonder if our paths would ever have crossed if not for NYSC. Then, I can imagine how life would be without you guys.
As always, Life is an art. It is very beautiful and lovely. Although, behind those lovely designs are mistakes and errors. Life is not always the way we want it to be but it is our duty to make ourselves happy.
You can send a personal mail to mareeam802@gmail.com if you have contributions and suggestions.
maryamnittywall..com
Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
Life Is An Art
\Losing a Close Friend is Worse Than A Break up
Oh yeah...blah! blah! blah! I've heard this a million times and never for once had I believed it until when I had a similar experience.
I was losing two of my close friends at the same time. Shocking isn't it? It wasn't just shocking, it was terrifying.
I would say that close friends would just fall below the family grade line.
After your family members, close friends are another set of people who would love you earnestly and care for you just like themselves.
When I mean close friends, I mean true friends who really care about you.
Losing two friends at the same time was something I hadn't expected. I saw myself doing something I'd never done before; writing an essay to tell them how they mean to me.
The reason why most friendship break up is because both parties refuse to apologise. When everyone believe they're not at fault, no conflict can be resolved.
My old time close friend chatted me up on Facebook recently. He complained about we not getting in touch for a long time. We had been really close during our university days. After graduation, the usual happened. I tried to get in touch with him but after a while, I got tired and stopped calling.
I had a close friend I hadn't spoken to for a while now.
"Maryam, I'm very angry with you". One of my friends had told me this morning.
His mother had been really sick and he had to travel home urgently.
I hadn't bothered to ask of his welfare and that of his mother until he accused me.
Sometimes, stuffs we do pushes loved ones away from us. Let's be the best of friends, care for others as ourselves, take away our pride, be the first to say 'hi' and apologise even when you think you're not at fault.
Your loved one might love you with all of his/her heart but a friend will see your good characters, flaws, weaknesses, dirty secrets and still think you're amazing.
For this segment of 'Life is An Art', two short stories on "Best Friends" would be dedicated. It would be updated before the end of this week.
A drama series will be here to spice up your weekend. "The Stevens" is all about a new couple with lots of ups and down, what they face being married, the happy moments, sad moments, quarrels, jealousy, humuor and so on. It's comic and very hilarious.
Stay tuned as it's going to be launched this Saturday by God's grace.
Also, Cups of Coffee With Four is reviving back and you get to read lovely opinions from four amazing people.
As always, Life is an art. It is very beautiful and lovely. Although, behind those lovely designs are mistakes and errors. Life is not always the way we want it to be but it is our duty to make ourselves happy.
maryamnittywall..com

Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 4:05pm On May 05, 2017
Life is an Art
Pain demands to be felt
"If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him".
-Paulo Coelho, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept.
Hello lovely fans of the Nitty Wall. Welcome to another episode of 'Life is an Art'.
I did an interview with a fabulous and upcoming writer this week and the response I received left me to ponder. She talked about her early life, how challenging it was and how she had learnt from pain (The interview will be updated this week...so watch out!).
She talked about how pain inspires her to write. "I had no specific inspiration, but partially, pain inspired me to write".
Through the few years spent in life, I've come to realize that pain is something that we all ought to pass through at one time or the other. It's our duty to learn how to scale through that pain and still be happy.
Life is not meant to be smooth all the time. Life would be indeed boring if there was no dark side. I thought to myself recently what I'd write if everything in life was all good. Some go through pain to teach others and some learn from it.
Pain grooms our life. It admonishes us that 'life is not a wish-granting factory' #TFIOS# and that life won't be rosy always. It tells us that life is only temporary. It doesn't last forever and things would not turn out good always. Pain lightens our heart, makes us patient, makes us closer to God, inculcate the spirit of forgiveness in us.
Some pain exists that are lifelong. They flash through our mind at one time or the other. They are pain we have to live through. Not all the people that smile always are problem free. They only know how to be happy despite their pain.
Markus Zusak in 'The Book Thief' wrote, "Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-fours a day". Pain is something that must be felt, live through it, learn from it, be happy and smile always.
Remember to check the interview of the fabulous writer, Aisha Aliyu on Saturday.
maryamnittywall..com

"Pain is a pesky part of being human, I've learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that can't be escaped. But then I have also learnt that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air!
We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces".
-C. Joybell C.

Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 10:39am On May 20, 2017
Life is An Art
Do Women Have Problem?
Good day lovely fans of the Nitty Wall and welcome to another fascinating episode of 'Life is An Art".
After Jummat service yesterday, I sat with a close friend of mine and we discussed. Also a serving corps member, she had gotten an opportunity to invigilate for JAMB and she had to take permission for a week break from her place of work.
"Maryam, you wouldn't believe that when I went to work today, I greeted the woman in my office but she didn't respond". She said bitterly.
"Hmm...Women with problems". I replied.
"You're correct. Women have problem. It's so ridiculous. I called my boss on Sunday evening and he had no problem with it. He greeted me cheerfully when I came to work today but the woman is just different".
"That's women for you. They also want to feel important. She's angry because she had also expected you to report to her, explaining why you'd be away for a week from work. You didn't".
"She's not even the boss. Why would I report to her?"
"Cos she's a woman. Women are like that"...
Let's get by with the topic; Do Women have problem? I wouldn't say we have problem. Who am I to openly disregard and accuse a particular gender? I'm also a woman. Would I then say I'm filled with problems? No!
Let's look at the common qualities of a woman. An average woman is fragile, beautiful and innocent. A woman is a complex set of being trying to fulfill several needs at the same time, not knowing which ranks highest in her scale of preference. A woman is insatiable, determined when she wants to get something, relentless and very hardworking. A woman is complex, meddling her thought and wondering which to implement at a particular period of time. A woman has courage and boldness to face whatever obstacles comes her way.
A woman loves to feel important, more important than the woman next to her in beauty, glamour and intelligence. A woman is excessively jealous, wants to be the most superior at all times. A woman is intelligent in that she never forgets how someone have impacted in her life; be it good or bad. This is why she easily get hurts. A woman hardly forgives and when she does, she hardly forgets.
A woman is powerful, she have power to weaken the strongest of men. She is manipulative in nature, knows how to get what she wants at any point in time. A woman is seductive, every part of her body is center of attraction. She can wander into a man's heart with just the spark of her eyes and the innocence of her voice.
Do women then have problem? Women do not have problem? They only respond to the cause of nature. However, care must be taken.
They're exceptions to this but one do not fully come out of this qualities. Age, civilization, advancement in knowledge, increase in spirituality, unique qualities...all reduced this trait. However, one should take note that a woman would always remain a woman.
People often make accusations when women does certain things. "Oh! No wonder, na woman. Na so dem be". Get used to the fact that women are unique and no, women do not have problems.
maryamnittywall..com

A/N: Happy Saturday to y'all. I'm not a psychologist neither am I someone that critically study the nature of a particular sect of people. It's just the influence of Robert Greene's book.
The Nitty Wall have been silent for a while. Poor internet connection have meddled with some plans but here we are, on a great Saturday with loads of exciting articles to keep you glued to your phone. More articles to come your way!
Remember that 'Life is an Art' is the only segment the nitty writer shares part of her personal life. For any comment, feel free to send a personal mail to mareeam802@gmail.com.
Have a lovely Saturday!
Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
Life Is An Art
THE BLIND WOMAN
Good day lovely fans of the Nitty Wall and welcome to another fantastic episode of the 'Life is an Art' segment.
I left early from work yesterday so that I could meet up with a fast car and leave for Lagos. I wanted to visit home and I didn't want to arrive there late. I boarded a taxi to the park but I had to wait for the passengers to fill up the vehicle. We were just two in number and the driver came over.
"Please, would you mind if I pick a woman up from the hospitality department. She's blind and can't see".
"Okay". We agreed and he drove over to the place.
It took minutes for the woman to come out and when she did, an elderly man supported her along with her loads. She was put to sit down and she greeted everyone cheerfully.
"I'm really sorry for keeping you waiting passengers". She apologized in yoruba.
Then she handed a loaf of bread to the driver, apologizing for giving him just a loaf. The driver handed her a change of six hundred naira and she insisted on not collecting.
"This is too much ma".
"No it's not. Keep it". She insisted.
Just when we were about leaving, she called two of her co-workers to join us in the car.
"It looks like it is about to rain. I can feel its coolness on my skin. It must probably be raining somewhere now". She said.
The blind woman was very happy, cheerful and very energetic. She kept talking and laughing to her co-workers on our way.
Mid-way, she paid for herself and her co-workers. The driver then became really adamant on not collecting.
"Please driver, I beg you in the name of God. You have to collect this".
The driver accepted after much plea. What amazed me about the blind woman was that unlike the rest of us, she was too happy.
Sight is one of the most precious assets bestowed on us by God. Can you imagine yourself without seeing? Just close your eyes for a second and imagine being dark, completely lost from the natural surroundings and the wonderfulness of nature. That's what it feels like to be blind.
Okay, you're not blind. Thank God for that. Have you ever appreciated the gift of your sight, your being able to walk, stand and perform the daily activities without being handicapped. Have you ever wondered what it feels like when people look at you in pity?
Well, it's time we get to appreciate the precious gifts we take for granted. It's a big treasure to see, to walk... and so on. Whenever you feel sad, remember the blind woman. She might be blind but in her heart is the spirit of contentment, happiness and generosity.
Always Thank God for His numerous blessings on you because it is indeed a gift of life.
maryamnittywall..com

A/N: I cannot keep calm!!! Okay, I would. I had decided to take a long break but here I am, posting on the 'Life is An Art' segment. What can I say, it's great to be here again.
Love by Fate novel series may have ended but it's not over. Apart from having another part (which will be out pretty soon), Love and Fate is launching a Question and Answer segment where it answers the burning questions of its fans. I hope you look forward to learning more about the 'Love By Fate' stars.
Ramadhan Kareem to Muslims all over the world. I wish you all the best( myself inclusive) in the blessed month.
Have a lovely Saturday. The Nitty Wall loves you more than you can ever imagine!
Re: Love Is An Art by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nice piece of art (as a whole)....following#
Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
Suicide Should Never be an Option
"The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life even when I wanted to die". -Juliette Lewis.
Welcome to another episode of 'Life is an Art'.

I'm sure we've all heard about the death of Linkin Park lead vocalist who died from suicide at the age of 41.

Personally, I don't see any reason in committing suicide. Life itself isn't permanent...so why do we have to end it before it is due on us?

We have no right to the life we have. It was bestowed on us by God and He has the final say on when we end it or not.

I've heard several news of people dying because they missed out on something they wanted badly in life or they got hard broken by someone who they cherished with all of their heart.
Suicide is like telling yourself, "My life isn't worth it. There's no use wasting much time on earth because I'm a failure".

A person who resigns to killing himself feels that he is unhappy compared to the rest who are successful and doing well in life.

The fact remains that everyone, in one time or the other, feels pained. Everyone will face trial, lose a loved one, miss out on something he wishes to achieve and feel unhappy once in a while. Seeing smiling faces doesn't mean that everyone must be happy at all times.
Committing suicide relates to lack of contentment, selfishness ('cos you'll be leaving your loved ones in a devastating state), lack of faith in God and not appreciating the blessings He has showered on you.

My sister once told me about a friend of hers who almost committed suicide. He had lost a huge sum of money and he felt like slitting his arm and ending it there. She had to do a lot of talking to make him feel better.

Well, this segment has been on a hold for weeks and I'm glad to be here again. I've been quite busy for the past months. Combining works with the blog is not an easy deal. The good news is that The Nitty Wall is a year...yay! I thank all the Nitty Wall fans. You all are incredible.
We're rounding up 'The Letter' with just two episodes and a new novel series 'Dhakiyah and Hayrah' is here. If you've not seen it, then you should because it will be more than a week per episode. We could have like three episodes in a week and more so, it isn't as long as 'The Letter' and 'Love by Fate'.

It's a great Sunday and I hope we enjoy every bit of it before Monday comes with its big task.

maryamnittywall..com

Maryam Abdulwahab, Life is an Art.

Re: Love Is An Art by mareeam802(f): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
Never Give Up!
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” - Dale Carnegie.

A happy Friday to you and welcome to the best day of the week. TGIF!!!
It’s been a while this segment has been published but we’re all glad it’s back again.

Okay, the three lettered words above may be simple to say and believe but difficult to accept.

Most of us have lost many achievements because we gave up, we halted and turned back when passing through the road to success.
There’s hardly anyone who doesn’t know at least three success quotes by memory. It is easier to say or use as a status update but difficult to implement.

We see successful people and take them as our role model. We want to be like them. We wish to be like them. We pray to be like them.
How many of us have read what they experienced to become successful? The simple rule is to never give up!
I’ll give you stories of successful people and how they never gave up on their dreams.

Who is not familiar with the renowned author of the Harry Potter series; J.K. Rowling?

J.K. Rowling had gotten a divorce, was on government aid and could barely feed her baby in 1994.

She was so poor that she couldn’t afford a computer or even the cost of photocopying the 90,000-word novel. She manually typed each version to publishers.

Her novel was rejected dozens of times until Bloomsbury, a small London publisher have it a second chance after the CEO’s eight year old daughter fell in love with it.
J.K Rowling is one of the top richest women in the world and has million copies of her novel sold.

Colonel Sanders is the owner of the popular KFC. Here’s his story;

Colonel Sanders received his first social security cheque of $99 at the age of 65. He was broke, owned a small house and a beat up car.
He made a decision that things had to change. His friends used to like his chicken recipe very much and since that was the novel idea he had, he decided to act upon it.

He left Kentucky and started his travels to different US states to sell his idea. He would tell restaurant owners that he had a chicken recipe that people liked and he was ready to give it to them for free, in return for a small percentage on the items sold. He got rejections, but did not give up. In fact, he got 1000 rejections.

He got to 1009 before he got his first YES. With that one success, Colonel Hartland Sanders changed the eating habits of the whole world with Kentucky Fried Chicken, popularly known as KFC!

I remember vividly years ago when I watched The Teju Babyface Show. He had interviewed the blogger, Linda Ikeji. When asked how long it took to gain the success and popularity, her reply was that she had spent four years posting on her blog. She never gave up. She visited cyber cafes and kept on using her money to post articles till she gained a name.

The rule still remains to never give up! I hope you learn from these success stories and use it to shape your lives... yes, you can read the exclusive interview of a talented artist, Nnadozie Ekene on Saturday.

As always, life is an art. It is beautiful and lovely. Yet behind those aesthetics and design are challenges and disappointments. Life is not always the way we want it to be. Just never give up, laugh loudly, forgive quickly, love truly and never forget anything that made you smile!

Maryam AbdulWahab, Life is an art.
“Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn”. –Harriet Beecher Stowe.

(1) (Reply)

this book with blank pages is a best seller (pictures) / STORY TIME - The Hotel Room / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.