Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,004 members, 7,956,719 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

Gedmatch Puntdnal African Only - PLEASE Help. Who AM I?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gedmatch Puntdnal African Only - PLEASE Help. Who AM I?? (646 Views)

Am I Wasting My Time Trying To Get Married / Am I Cursed? / Am I Cursed? Please Read It Is Extremely Urgent And A Mater Of Life/death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gedmatch Puntdnal African Only - PLEASE Help. Who AM I?? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello!
So happy to find this site and I can't wait to explore more of it.
I'm hoping someone who is knowledgeable about the various ethnicities on The continent of Africa, can help me uncover more about my ancestry.
I used 23andMe to test my DNA, which showed me to be 93% West African - Sub Saharan
From GEDMatch I got a more detailed list of Countries and tribes to which my ancestry is linked
The top 10 closest links are:
Mali_Mandinka
Nigeria_Hausa
Nigeria_Igbo
DRC_Kongo
Cameroon_Bamoun
Chad_Kaba
Nigeria_Yoruba
Ghana_Brong
Cameroon_Fang
Mali_Bambaran

Another DNA site read my DNA as being 92% Yoruba. As you can imagine, this is extremely confusing. However I'm not discouraged, I believe that I will eventually discover my true ancestry.

I kindly ask, that if anyone has info about these ethnic groups, please share this info with me.
Peace and love to you all.
Juliana

(1) (Reply)

The Broken Leg And The Fowl / Racism Against Blacks In China. (my Experiences) {video} / Reculture Yourself To The IT World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.