Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,104 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

Why Do We Africans Dwell And Live In Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Africans Dwell And Live In Religion? (459 Views)

PR In Religion / Why Do We Africans Mostly Nigerians Place More Emphasis On Spirituality?? (pics) / Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Africans Dwell And Live In Religion? by BaEnki(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
This is not meant to be an insult to any organisation or group of people.
Even though I'm small in age, many of you might say that I still lacks reasoning or probably too childish, but I still gotta make my point.

For years we've practised our traditional believes until the advent of the Europeans and the Arabians, they brought in their different set of believes and got us bundled into the shackles they've made, of course they knew that we wouldn't be able to handle the new religion effectively, through that they found our weakness and inculcated into our mind the new world religions, over the years religion has caused more problem than solution it proffers, submerging our society into chaos and suspense among different religion bodies, yet their society booms while ours is journeying back in time, reason for this is because they never took religion serious why we can kill our mother for having a different opinion bout our choice of worship, so sad.

We are the direct opposite of our 'enlightners', we are wicked, crude, backstabbers, hypocrites, thieves, liers etc! If we still sworn with sango or Ogun today maybe we would have been better of!

In conclusion I'm neither a pagan nor a believer of any god/s, I stand with no religion sect, I only wish we could have an utopia society where everything booms and your punishment are really weighed according to your deeds, society with good moral standing and sincere beings who love each other and care for one another.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Africans Dwell And Live In Religion? by LordIsaac(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
As a result of her deep innate handicap with respect to reasoning! From the leaders to the led, they are allergic to reasoning!
Re: Why Do We Africans Dwell And Live In Religion? by BaEnki(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
LordIsaac:
As a result of her deep innate handicap with respect to reasoning! From the leaders to the led, they are allergic to reasoning!

Yea, you're right, I think it has to do more with upbringing too, so many lies were inculcated to our mind right from our childhood by system at home and away, viewing from your response, are you an African?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some Bible Facts / You Claim To Be A Christian; Now Look At Your Life / Fasting And Prayer - Day 11 (21st January, 2017) Prayer Points​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.