Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV (522 Views)

How To Write CV If You Have No Work Experience - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV by Topwritersden: 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
I won't be writing the conventional stories from everyday CV advisers. It will be telling you the basic facts!!

Writing a perfect C.V can be much of a headache or stress for an armature writer. This is coupled with the fact that there are lots of recommendations from various sources already, who are giving all sorts of tips. In this article; I will be telling you from an insider point of view, the steps to take to how to write a perfect C.V.

Keep it error free: This can cost you a lot. I don’t need to remind you about the after effects of making grammatical blunders in anything you are writing. Making blunders and errors in any write-up, can be devastating both in your exams and also when looking out for a job. After drafting out your CV, be sure to give it to someone to proofread and edit before you hit the send button.

Target Keywords: Just like ranking high on Google search engines. Before you rank high, you need to target keywords that will make you appear on search engines and give you a higher traffic rate. Likewise for writing a perfect CV that will rank high on employer’s search. There are various keywords in the adverts or openings for any job; such as “Customer focused”, “Target oriented”, and “Disciplined” and so on. All you need do is to make sure that most of these keywords are embedded in your CV and this gives you a higher chance to be ranked when the CV’s are being screened.

Always Adjust to suit the job: Every job opening has special requirements. In other to achieve step 2 above, you must do step 3. Adjusting your CV is the best way to write a perfect CV. Most employers use algorithm software to target CV’s with specific keywords. This majorly happens when there are lots of them to be screened. So the perfect way to rank high is just to adjust your CV to suit the specific requirements required by the employer.

Boast of your Achievements: This might sound a little bit weird but it is important. It might turn some employers off but majority of them would want to give you a shot to prove yourself. It is better to blow your trumpet and get a chance to prove it than doing nothing and getting no chance at all. When it comes to deciding who is to be picked for an interview, you might surely get an edge than someone who says nothing about his achievements or is shy to talk about them. “I closed a deal of $2.5million and I won employee of the month for 5 months consecutively”. Talk about it and let them know you are not just like any other applicant.

Keep is short and simple: Make your CV short, simple and sophisticated. Nobody wants to read a manual all in the name of looking over your CV.

Write your objectives, to tally in line with with the research you have about the company. Leave your own visions and goals, focus on theirs.

List your qualifications

List your work experience(s): The ones that correspond to the job you are looking for.

Highlight the skills that makes you special Focus on their choice of candidate skills

Talk about your achievements.: Let it be in line with the job description.

A nice way to write a great CV is by doing what others are not doing and following the above steps. I have seen it work for people and I have seen it work for myself. Little wonder why my former employer asked me in an interview session “You sure you possess all these?” She was amazed and I never disappointed her when the time came. To write a great CV isn’t rocket science, it is all about following the above steps and see it work for you. You can contact me for more tips or drop suggestions below. Thanks. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV by Topwritersden: 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: 5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV by Dpredictor(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice one Op.

Especially the 4th point. Very informative. Lemme try it out smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV by Dillusionist(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Op you stingy oo... Only you drop post... only you ftc angry

Nice points tho.. grin
Re: 5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV by Topwritersden: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dpredictor:
Nice one Op.

Especially the 4th point. Very informative. Lemme try it out smiley

Thanks smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Write A Perfect CV by Topwritersden: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dillusionist:
Op you stingy oo... Only you drop post... only you ftc angry

Nice points tho.. grin

No vex.. na recession cheesy

Thanks

lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

A Reputable Company In Ajah Lagos Needs A Secretary / NOC Support Engineer / Jobs At First Katalyst Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.