Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 (1438 Views)

Zlatan Ibile DMs To Olamide In 2016 (Screenshot) / Checkout 40 Nigerians That Own Rolls-Royces / 7 Nigerians Make The List Of Most Reputable People On Earth 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Phonecorridor: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
2016 is a social media year for these seven Nigerians despite the economy recession that plagued the country, which made it hard for people to afford a -three square meal a day, they were actually smiling to the bank.

One powerful tool that many people are using these days to get out of recession is internet and social media. That is why many of came so hard on NCC when they attempted to increase the price of data. There so many social media influencers that are using the social media as tool to fend for themselves and their families while many people are still waiting to get a white collar jobs. The truth is that there are many social media influencers that are making more money than an employee will make in an oil company in a month. Yes it’s true. I have a friend making more than 200k in a week just by the use of social media while many are sitting in the comfort of their home waiting for that job that may never come.

So back to my main topic of today, I am not writing this post to show you how to make money on the internet or social media, it’s a topic for another day. But I will be talking about Nigerians that the social media has helped to increase their worth and popularity. The list goes thus

1: Olajumoke Orisaguna

Olajumoke Orisaguna or Jumoke Sunday (born 1989 in Ire, Osun State) is a Nigerian who received public attention when she appeared on the cover of a magazine before she was employed as a model. The story was reported in various media sources, including CNN.

TY Bello took a photo of her with her bread on her head. She took to social media to share the picture. And that was it. With the help of social media and TY Bello, Olajumoke was suddenly transformed from a bread seller to a brand seller, a known model, a social media sensation with many brand endorsement.

2: Rahama Sadau

The 22 year old Business Administration graduate of Kaduna Polytechnic joined the Hausa movie industry Kannywood in 2013 and is one of the few Hausa on-screen characters who speaks Hindi fluently.

Only few people knew her Not until it was reported on social media that an Hausa actress was suspended from their movie industry because she hugged a guy in a music video. Maybe those behind the suspension felt it would mar her career. But as god will have it, she got featured in EbonyLife TV and she was also invited into Hollywood and her popularity has been increasing every day. Source here http://www.phonecorridor.com/2016/12/7-nigerians-social-media-changed-2016/

Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Orator2383: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
I too will hamper come 2017
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Cessa0(f): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
following...
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by ayobami52(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
wow I love this. I too must make it next year. Mod should move this post to FP. Highly motivating
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by YhungPablo(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
la click la cut.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Phonecorridor: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Orator2383:
I too will hamper come 2017
lol
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
Following
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
okkkkay... next thread
Re: 7 Nigerians That Became So Popular On Social Media In 2016 by Phonecorridor: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
rokiatu:
Following
everybody wants to hammer for sure

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Beyonce And Her Mom Giving Middle Finger In Gangster Pose / Adorable Baby Pictures Of A BBNaija Housemate (Photos) / Diamond Platnumz And Lover Zari In Romantic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.