Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) (1313 Views)

Fraudulent Activities On Jumia Sellercenter / How Can i Withdraw Profit From $123 FBS Bonus Account ( Pics) / People Warned Me About This Mmm, Now My Account Has Been Blocked With #189,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by fxtreme(m): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, greetings to you all.

I write this post with the intentions of bringing to attention and curbing unethical practices going on within our financial system and Nigeria as a nation. It's very pitiable that a vast majority of Nigerians are docile and hardly ever stand up against vices affecting and threatening their civil rights and democratic privileges. I choose to be different.

So here's my story.

I have a savings account with Diamond Bank plc, opened and active since mid 2012.

Recently I was contacted by my account officer and informed to pick up my auto-renewed debit card at the branch where I opened the account, as my current debit card was expiring that month end. My account was charged N1,050 for this new card.

On explaining that I no longer reside in that state, I was then presented with the option of receiving my debit card wherever I wished. I accepted the offer and chose a specific branch.

I became a regular visitor at that branch, week in week out, yet my card never came in. I complained and was asked to be patient. When I got fed up, I called the customer care line directly from the bank, and was reassured that the case will be looked into.

Few days later, I got an e-mail which stated that my card had been hotlisted - in other words, destroyed - which according to the bank is a security measure to protect customers from fraud. A card that I was charged for, and never saw with my eyes.

This was the last straw that broke the camels back, as I have already been fed up with the bank's inefficiency and incompetence in the past.

So I went to close my account in peace as a lawsuit would be costly and not worth the gain. But to my surprise, an official at the bank tried to dissuade me from closing the account. He offered to pay for a new debit card on my behalf. In order to not seem unreasonable, I allowed him.

Few hours later, my account was debited of another N1,050. I called him and he said I'll be refunded. Till date, there has been no refunds. The last time I was at the branch, all the staff denied having his contact or knowing his whereabouts.

This specific branch is the one at Okpara Avenue by Ogbete market junction, Enugu state. The culprit staff is well known as Ben.

This is a callout to the management of Diamond Bank PLC to refund my money and check the unscrupulous activities of their staff.

I hope this gets to the front page so that the owners of the bank can know how their staff are running their business.

Thank you.
Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by SlickM(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's a real pity that we swallow anything thrown at us in this country. OP I admire your resilience. We need people like you in this country. Please MODs help push important topics like this to frontpage. Awareness must be created and banks must know that there are limits to whatever they think they can do.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by MamaTej(f): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
That was how those GTB restricted my account. They said because I had multiple deposit in a day..

Is it their money?
Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by SlickM(m): 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
MamaTej:
That was how those GTB restricted my account. They said because I had multiple deposit in a day..

Is it their money?
The impunity has become too much
Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by nurez305(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
MamaTej:

Is it their money?
Account get level, go and upgrade your own account, please lets face the issue of op

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by Beautymc(f): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
SlickM:
It's a real pity that we swallow anything thrown at us in this country. OP I admire your resilience. We need people like you in this country. Please MODs help push important topics like this to frontpage. Awareness must be created and banks must know that there are limits to whatever they think they can do.
My dear, far from that. I got the same mail from diamond bank. All I did was to call their customer care. Which they told me that it was a scam. That i should not follow any instructions they put on the page. Pls in such cases, kindly call their customer care first.
Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by MamaTej(f): 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
nurez305:
Account get level, go and upgrade your own account, please lets face the issue of op

What do you even know about bank accounts.
I'm talking about Restriction because my acc was credited multiple times in one day, you're talking about Upgrage.
Dundi

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by nurez305(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
MamaTej:

What do you even know about bank accounts.
I'm talking about Restriction because my acc was credited multiple times in one day, you're talking about Upgrage.
Dundi
I will teach you banking A to Z. you think all this account you open on the road without submitting a necessary requirement will get you a normal account. No bank will restrict your account for multiple credit if you open a normal saving or current account with your valid ID and your utility bill except in a case of unusual lodgement which I doubt.. your account is either a tier 1 or 2 account that have a daily limit of amount you pay into it a day and also have a limit for overall balance... go to your bank with a valid ID card and your utility bill to ugrade your account to normal saving account and stop behaving like a kid

Monkey

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Activities Of Diamond Bank And Staff On My Account (Pics) by MamaTej(f): 12:12am On Dec 30, 2016
nurez305:
I will teach you banking A to Z. you think all this account you open on the road without submitting a necessary requirement will get you a normal account. No bank will restrict your account for multiple credit if you open a normal saving or current account with your valid ID and your utility bill except in a case of unusual lodgement which I doubt.. your account is either a tier 1 or 2 account that have a daily limit of amount you pay into it a day and also have a limit for overall balance... go to your bank with a valid ID card and your utility bill to ugrade your account to normal saving account and stop behaving like a kid

Monkey

You're simply daft.
Just because you refer people to GHW or whatever it's called, does that make you a frequent bank user? I'm using three different bank accounts and I've been using them even before you stopped wearing diapers.

I don't need to upgrade my account because that wasn't the issue in the first place.
If not for internet, will a low life like you have the audacity to rap with me? smh...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AFRICOIN (this Is An Opportunity For U To Make Wealth) / IS Stakerrs Investment Club A Scam / Splendidabbey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.