Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons (30196 Views)

AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds / Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
The should bring her into the squad abeg. I like young female footballers seriously. They should also recall that other Nigerian-American girl. I can't remember her name now. CFCfan CFCman help me pls.
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by eitsei(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bros even if they decide not to sell at all! People will still queue to represent nigeria

Until fifa changes the rules and allow individuals come together to represent themselves... an athlete must represent a nation

Now here's the koko...if I were NFF i'd blacklist ALL girls who participated in that protest... I mean every last one

These dull NLANDERS forget same cameroun they were praising BANNED eto'o for 6months after he led a player strike! A whole eto'o

That didn't more players like chupo-moting from switching allegiance to cameroun.

Shebi Zaha don run come ivory coast...did they beg him? No time
abi o... Look at Victor Moses now, he chose Nigeria and he already won Africa nations Cup with Nigeria, represented Nigeria at world Cup, a competition all footballers dream to participate in... Leon Balogun already made the smart move to play for Nigeria instead of Germany . .. Yet Jordan ibe and Co England no even remember them..

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Jarus(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Surprised

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by shadrach77: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Click like if you initially thought she is 9ice's former wife grin grin
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by LorDBolton(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
eitsei:
abi o... Look at Victor Moses now, he chose Nigeria and he already won Africa nations Cup with Nigeria, represented Nigeria at world Cup, a competition all footballers dream to participate in... Leon Balogun already made the smart move to play for Nigeria instead of Germany . .. Yet Jordan ibe and Co England no even remember them..

See nedum onuoha! agbonlahor et al all wasting away thanks to the poor advice they got

Now IBE is constantly hyping up naija...talked about naija twice now lols
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by buffalowings: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
ELShehzad:
God punish Bobrisky cream, Black Is Bae (BIB)
grin
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by buffalowings: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Icon4s:
After it dawned on you that you cannot make the US national team abi?

Anyways, you are still better than all those male naija footballers wey England, Germany and Italy used and dumped.

All the same welcome back home but be ready for placards carrying like your would be naija female compatriots. Hope u don't mind sha. undecided

The haters have arrived cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by eitsei(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
LorDBolton:

See nedum onuoha! agbonlahor et al all wasting away thanks to the poor advice they got

Now IBE is constantly hyping up naija...talked about naija twice now lols

he has already realized his mistake
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by buffalowings: 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
rawpadgin:
my dear, wait until amaju picnic & that useless beret wearing minister are no longer in charge

You mean this guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by rawpadgin(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
buffalowings:

You mean this guy
grin
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Jacko1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
What tha hell is netted 14 goals and 3 assists

Why do USA like to describe football as if na basketball stats

Football for usa don suffer
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by motini(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
she shud beta reconsider her decision well cos I bet wen she begins lying on the floor for allowances nobody will listen to her ooo I wil hear stories that touch
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Yes! lipsrsealed
Let's see what she's capable of....she might make the falcon team suitable for international competitions, since that's what the falcon team is lacking. That's if there's no bad belle among the team mates oh! grin
robosky02:
hello guys do you think she can fit into the present falcons team?

Lets go there….
ItsQuinn, safarigirl, shizzy7, AngelAhnie, Smellymouth, Mediapace, refiner(, suwalee, optional1, vivianblog1, cruzita, klexycole, VickyRotex(, blueto, TheSuperNerd, mikron, TonyeBarcanist, Ajibel, honeric01

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by robosky02(m): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
imagine adding her to the attacking force of

the "O3"

(OSHEALA, OPARANOZIE, ORDEGA)

we can win the women world cup grin

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by poposki33: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
When there are other better players here in Nigeria that Nigeria has failed to pick

Who tell am say Nigeria don ready to accept am
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by robosky02(m): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
LorDBolton:

Now here's the koko...if I were NFF i'd blacklist ALL girls who participated in that protest... I mean every last one

? No time

SEE your life

how can you ban them because they protested?
look here if you don talk in naija you will die for nothing

while Cameroon were honouring their girls for coming second ours were left with no words

not even a reception to say well done

guy you badddddddddddd grin

2 Likes

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by nonjebose(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bros even if they decide not to sell at all! People will still queue to represent nigeria

Until fifa changes the rules and allow individuals come together to represent themselves... an athlete must represent a nation

These dull NLANDERS forget same cameroun they were praising BANNED eto'o for 6months after he led a player strike! A whole eto'o

That didn't more players like chupo-moting from switching allegiance to cameroun.

Shebi Zaha don run come ivory coast...did they beg him? No time
It will not stop players who have chosen soccer as a profession from switching allegiance to any country of their choice. But is that enough not to condemn the actions of NFF and Sports ministry? Statements like this will only encourage mediocrity in administration of sports in this country, which ultimately leads to international ridicule. Do you know the flak FECAFOOT received for their action? Africa can not continue to seek for direct investment from both local and foreign investors with their shabby attitude to sport. Those girls were shabily treated, and they thankfully did not take it with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by FisifunKododada: 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by LorDBolton(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
nonjebose:

It will not stop players who have chosen soccer as a profession from switching allegiance to any country of their choice. But is that enough not to condemn the actions of NFF and Sports ministry? Statements like this will only encourage mediocrity in administration of sports in this country, which ultimately leads to international ridicule. Do you know the flak FECAFOOT received for their action? Africa can not continue to seek for direct investment from both local and foreign investors with their shabby attitude to sport. Those girls were shabily treated, and they thankfully did not take it with a pinch of salt.

They turned it into buhari matter...thus those girls went political

As u stated it was a pure falcons-nff affair yet they dragged pmb into it, trust me if I were president i'd pay them off and order them blacklisted.

why take protests to the streets first?? This is a Social media age! A simple tweet to media houses, the presidents advisers handles + electing from amongst themselves a group to go and lobby first are all 'more mature' alternatives.

Also this is a pure sporting issue thus their actions should go beyond 'pay us our salaries' to put forward a patriotic stance on better structures to avoid repeat, seek better training etc

The way they went about it, be honest if your customer / creditor does that to you, will u consider getting into bed with them again? Considering the recession /paucity of funds.

FECAFOOT's. Stance Is what ushered cameroon into a new era...

I only mentioned it cos people were comparing biya's treatment of those girls to naija... biya?!

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Skelewu: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bad decision if you ask me. She'll surely regret it if she joins the Falcons in this Buhari era where sportsmen and women are not appreciated at all. With their allowance and salaries withheld.

Moreover she stands a chance of winning international trophies with the US team, cos in the next 50 years, the Super Falcons will never win the women's world cup.
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by phenase(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
I WANTED TO SEE A BEAUTY QUEEN
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by wizsolzy(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
rawpadgin:
my dear, wait until amaju picnic & that useless beretring minister are no longer in charge

I like u bt d worst of all is dat dat beret nigga is my namesake. I fit cry :'
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Olaiya26: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Toni payne mama zion iyawo 9ice ale ruggedman!!!
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by rawpadgin(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
wizsolzy:

I like u bt d worst of all is dat dat beret nigga is my namesake. I fit cry :'
Hmmm, take solace from the fact that the wisest king that ever lived is also ur name sake
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Afam4eva:
The should bring her into the squad abeg. I like young female footballers seriously. They should also recall that other Nigerian-American girl. I can't remember her name now. CFCfan CFCman help me pls.

Courtney Dike, younger sis to Super Eagles Striker, Bright Dike.

School has kept her out of the team.
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by wizsolzy(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
rawpadgin:
Hmmm, take solace from the fact that the wisest kind that ever lived is also ur name sake

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Daninya11:

Courtney Dike, younger sis to Super Eagles Striker, Bright Dike.

School has kept her out of the team.
Yeah, Thanks.
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by khattab02: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Yes! lipsrsealed
Let's see what she's capable of....she might make the falcon team suitable for international competitions, since that's what the falcon team is lacking. That's if there's no bad belle among the team mates oh! grin
Good one! My thought exactly!

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
Afam4eva:
Courtney Dike is her name.
She can only play for Nigeria between June, July and early August, and early January because of her university schedule.

Toni Payne has impressive stats but it would be tough for her to get onto the Falcons bench, let alone the starting 11. That's how rich the team's present attacking talent is.

Besides, she won't agitate for bonuses from the NFF because, like Courtney Dike, she's on an NCAA scholarship. Players who are receiving that scholarship are barred from receiving professional payments for sporting activities.

So, as Dike declined her bonus after the 2014 U-20 WC, Toni Payne would tow the same path.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Ikpewe: 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
My stupid cousins are over there calling Africa a God forsaken place.

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by Nedsnow(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's not about her being fit or not. To me, it's just about she been given a proper and effective management here as a Super Falcon player. Am pretty sure you all know the type of attention and care they get over there can never be compared to the ones our Spended Minister will provide here. My advice for her is to just stay with the USA team if she still values her career.
Re: Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons by femi4: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
sirOrubebe:
Meanwhile Jordon Ibe and Chuba Akpom are hoping for England to call them up...
Let them keep deceiving themselves. Wilfred Zaha is already with Ivory coast cos he knew he won't make England squad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gonzalo Higuain Pictured At Airport Ahead Of Chelsea Transfer (Photo) / Ligue 1 Season Is Over As No Games Will Be Allowed In France Until September / The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.