Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? (15667 Views)

Nigerian Law School Prospective 2015/2016 Set... / Do Nigerian Law School Accept National Open University Of Nigeria Law Degree / Which School Accept 170 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by date4real: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hi Guys. I am seriously considering the university of london external LLB degree. The question is that, does the Nigerian Law school accept this qualification for admission purposes? This is because from the website it is stated that it accepts an LLB degree only attained via a full-time program.

Would appreciate responses.

1 Like

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by Confused10: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2009
Another Nigerian law school related query.

I was just wondering whether anyone knows whether the Nigerian law school accepts a B.A in law or does it have to be a LLB. I have a B.A in Economics, Politics and Law, I have my entrance soliitors exams done in Ireland and I am currently studing a LLM. I have all the stipulated law subjects needed by the Nigerian law society done and I have even done the majority of these topics done twice, once for my undergraduate and then again for my entrance soliitors exams. The only subject I have not done is commercial. I was wondering whether my qualifications would be sufficient in order to enter law school.

Any advice, anyone could give me please would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by RowlandSAN(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
In reply 2 d first question, one of the requirements 4 admission to d Nigerian law sch is the possession of a first degree in law from any accredited law faculties in Nigeria or from a foreign institution within d common law jurisdiction, on a full-time basis. Law is not taught on a part-time basis in Nigeria, and 4 a very long time some faculties in nigeria teaching part-time LLB, where ask 2 stop d programme. So it applies also 2 foreign institution. But u can confirm from d admission department of the Nigerian Law School or email them on: info@nigerianlawschool.com or lawschoolorg@yahoo.co.uk. In reply 2 d second question, what the Council of Legal Education requires is an LLB degree in Law not a B.A in Law. Dis is wat hav bin approved by the council.

1 Like

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by springer: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by springer: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by RowlandSAN(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2010
If ur LL.B in Common Law is from a recognised law faculty within the commonwealth countries, u would certainly be admitted to BAR PART I of the Nigerian Law School. Though i dont know which country u had obtained ur LL.B, whether in Nigeria or not. Diploma in Law is not a criteria bin use 4 admission 2 d NLS. The requirements 4 admission cannot b waived.

1 Like

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by springer: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2010
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by RowlandSAN(m): 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
Alright, if u say American University in Cyprus operates a law faculty that teaches common law courses/subjects and its recognised and its graduates sits 4 d bar exams over there in cyprus, and are admitted 2 practise law, and cyprus legal system has a substantive common law content, then u can apply as a foreign law student to d NLS(though u are a Nigerian). U will b admitted to d BAR PART I because u had studied 4 ur LL.B in a foreign university. BAR PART I is usually taken by foreign students only, and courses usually taken are: Nig. legal sys, Constitutional law, Criminal law, and Nig. land law. Dis is intended to allow foreign students familiarize wit d Nigerian corpus juris. BAR PART II is 4 both foreign and indigenous students and courses taken here includes adjectival or procedural courses which is intended to make students become acquainted with d practical aspect of law. I should let u know also that d NLS can also admit those who have passed d Final Bar Examinations of d English, Scottish or Irish Bar, or d Solicitor's Final Examinations of England, Scotland or Ireland. If u're still not clear, or u hav other questions, pls do not hesitate 2 ask me, i will b always ready 2 giv u answers. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by springer: 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by RowlandSAN(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
Well, Sincerely, i dont work with d NLS. The BAR PART I nd II is 4 16 mnts. But 4 indigenous students, since we hav done those courses under BAR PART I in our undergraduate studies, it is usually presumed we hav a knowledge of the Nigerian Legal sys. So we are admitted to BAR PART II which is 4 8 mnts. We usually take classes, attend law dinners(which is compulsory witout which one will not graduate 4rm NLS), take exams, assigned 2 and serve a pupillage in law firms, and also attend court sessions where we are expose 2 the practice of law. And like i said earlier, if u hav some questions to ask, feel free to ask at any time, i'll alwayz giv u answers.

1 Like

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by springer: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2010
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by RowlandSAN(m): 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
Its my pleasure,

2 Likes

Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by springer: 9:08am On Mar 04, 2010
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by jahrule: 8:00am On Mar 05, 2010
How recognise is the degree from this school in nigeria & even u.k . I learnt that u are awarded Bsc. university of london at the completion of the programme. Can it be used to get jobs and for further and academics advancement, I am really interested in going for the degree programme in accounting or economics. someone should please reply considering level of descrimination in niger.
Re: Does The Nigerian Law School Accept The University Of London Llb (external)? by Venerable612(m): 6:51am On Oct 18, 2013
gudMorin guys... I found Ur comments here SO insightful. I RELI NID UR HELP. I wish to study Law abroad. Nd am cut up in d Middle. Which school affords me.. 1. A degree in law dat is also eligble to be called to bar in Nigeria. 2. His Veri Affordable(considering cost of Living nd Tuition). 3. Higher standard than Nigerian Universities.
Plz av alredi googled Up som Universities esp. In d US nd UK..bt d 1s i saw are veri xpensive. Plz i reli nid Ur advise.. Cos am confused... Tnx in anticipation.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Opposite Of SORRY???.. / JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks / 24 Photos That Will Reveal More Truth About This World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.