Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty (7665 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Ladies On Natural Hair / Check Out My Natural Hair 2 Years After Being Mocked About My Hair / Latest Braided Hairstyles | DIY On These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 1:42am On Dec 31, 2016
Hello guys,i just wanna share some DIY's (do it yourself) on natural hair and beauty that could be very helpful. you dont need to rush down to shoprite to get your shampoo and conditioner wen you can make yours at home or worry about how to save money to get your creams. you can make dem too... just stay glued..
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 1:55am On Dec 31, 2016
do you know that in the absence of your hair conditioner and you feel the need to wash your hair. You could opt for Rice water. Don't worry,its simple
Rice water will do the work. Yes,you heard me. Rice water works perfectly just like the conditioner. all you need do is to pour some cold water into a lil quantity of rice in a bowl and wash(scrub). when your done washing,filter out the rice and you have gotten your water to use.
apply the water after your shampoo,it will work the magic better than our conditioners.it softens the hair and equally adds natural ingredients to your freshly washed hair.

you could equally use filtered water from boiled rice but please let it cool first. this water has been the saviour to my hair since i found it. its creates the softness even more than the conditioners. I call it my Miracle Rinse.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Twaci(f): 5:56am On Dec 31, 2016
Hmmm. Nice tip smiley

Do tell us more.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2016
Twaci:
Hmmm. Nice tip smiley
Do tell us more.

Am glad you did find it useful. More is loading.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Twaci(f): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2016
endee1996:

Am glad you did find it useful. More is loading.
Thanks smiley
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 10:03am On Dec 31, 2016
Good day folks. Am glad we made it to the last day of the year.... heres another DIY i find really amazing.

Ginger and coconut oil mixed together could go a long way in solving your itchy scalp and breakage. I usually make my coconut oil first and then add my grated ginger and daily apply to my scalp and front hair. it helps a lot most especially in treating breakage. if you don't have the chance to make your own homemade coconut oil,you can buy your own bottle of coconut oil. I love making mine cos i need that natural fragrance and ingredients added to my hair.
Let me tell you the benefits of ginger and coconut oil to the hair...

GINGER is rich in minerals and essential oils. it is a useful remedy for dandruff and dry,itchy scalp. it contains few circulatory agents that stimulate blood flow to the scalp. This triggers the hair follicles and encourages new growth.

COCONUT OIL stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles. it adds luster,shine and softness to the hair. it equally prevents hair breakage and split ends.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
endee1996:
Good day folks. Am glad we made it to the last day of the year.... heres another DIY i find really amazing.

Ginger and coconut oil mixed together could go a long way in solving your itchy scalp and breakage. I usually make my coconut oil first and then add my grated ginger and daily apply to my scalp and front hair. it helps a lot most especially in treating breakage. if you don't have the chance to make your own homemade coconut oil,you can buy your own bottle of coconut oil. I love making mine cos i need that natural fragrance and ingredients added to my hair.
Let me tell you the benefits of ginger and coconut oil to the hair

Never heard of this.

I should probably try it.

How do you make your own coconut oil?
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
snapscore:

Never heard of this.

I should probably try it.

Making coconut oil could be a long process but very simple. i will give the details in my next post. i just need more readers to be sure am not alone on dis. you guys should let me know if i should continue or not...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
endee1996:

Making coconut oil could be a long process but very simple. i will give the details in my next post. i just need more readers to be sure am not alone on dis. you guys should let me know if i should continue or not...

Continue

We (well me) naturalistas are behind you cheesy
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by zarinaAin: 11:50am On Jan 01, 2017
Snapscore, you mean you are natural to the core

Op

Continu grin
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
zarinaAin:
Snapscore, you mean you are natural to the core
Nah, I only have natural hair.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by zarinaAin: 6:07am On Jan 02, 2017
snapscore:

Nah, I only have natural hair.

My bad, I was referring to your hair
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Lordkylie(f): 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
following
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by 1stladdy(f): 7:05am On Jan 03, 2017
Nice tips. Following
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2017
zarinaAin:

My bad, I was referring to your hair

Sorry this is coming late.

Been busy

Lol. I guess I am natural to the core then.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by manulove(f): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
Interested too.
Please do continue.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Beamborla(f): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Go on
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
wow,am so pleased abt the responses. am sorry for keeping you all waiting,its been very hectic for me of late...

now,to the making of coconut oil. its a simple but hectic process. all you need is coconut. lots of dem. one coconut will get you no oil...
i usually use 2 or 3 coconut to get a bottle. its annoying but worth it. lets get started....

1.) break the hard shells off the coconut,scrape out the whitish part using a knife.

2.) blend the coconut or grate. whichever suites you.

3.) pour in some water to the grated coconut in a bowl and filter out the water. keep filtering for 2 or 3 times.

4.) refrigerate the filtered water for at least over night

5.) take out the coconut water and you will notice a whitish paste flowing on top,separated from the water.

6.) use a spoon,probably a frying spoon to scoop the whitish substance off the water into a pot.

7.) place the pot over ur stove and allow to boil.

8.) The paste boils till it starts to dry. you will notice the oil get formed while the paste is dried.

9.) let it dry and then turn out ur oil into any container....
i hope i explained it well. you can try dis and let me knw how it goes

2 Likes

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 9:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
i cant upload pics. don't know why... needed to show every step bit by bit
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
i cant upload pics. don't know why... needed to show every step bit by bit
well,you can check up my natural hair blog on www.bosschicc.com
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Wonderful post @ a time when I'm in dire need of it as regards my natural hair, is there any DIY recipe for shampoo too, pls i'd love to have it as well. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
Wonderful post @ a time when I'm in dire need of it as regards my natural hair, is there any DIY recipe for shampoo too, pls i'd love to have it as well. Thanks in anticipation

it gives me joy to find fellow naturalists around me. for shampoo,i use dudu osun black soap
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2017
personally,i dont use shampoo. use black soap to wash my hair.

its simple,just place the bar of soap in a jar and water. under 15 mins,the liquid is formed and you can take out the remaining bar of soap from the water. use the liquid soap to wash the hair. never apply the bar of soap directly on your hair.

black soaps are naturally made and provides a lot of nutrients to the hair. it contains camwood,aloevera,palm kernal scent, etc.
over the long run,this is what many naturalists rely on as their shampoo and it hasnt disappointed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 7:31am On Jan 08, 2017
manulove:
Interested too. Please do continue. How do you make your own coconut oil?
am waiting to hear you say you tried it out..
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2017
endee1996:

its simple,just place the bar of soap in a jar and water. under 15 mins,the liquid is formed and you can take out the remaining bar of soap from the water. use the liquid soap to wash the hair. never apply the bar of soap directly on your hair.

black soaps are naturally made and provides a lot of nutrients to the hair. it contains camwood,aloevera,palm kernal scent, etc.
over the long run,this is what many naturalists rely on as their shampoo and it hasnt disappointed

Gonna try it out smiley
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2017
ellacute45:

Gonna try it out smiley
do let me know how it turns out.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
endee1996:

do let me know how it turns out.

No p smiley
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by olasaad(f): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
endee1996:

Thanks for the info but how can we use the dudu osu shampoo and rice water conditional Which one come first.

Moreover last year I tried most of these natural things for my hair but I don't get any positive results. It broke my hair
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
olasaad:

Thanks for the info but how can we use the dudu osu shampoo and rice water conditional Which one come first.

Moreover last year I tried most of these natural things for my hair but I don't get any positive results. It broke my hair

Actually it all depends. if am using fermented rice water. i apply the water first and let it sit for some mins and rinse out with shampoo cos the smell is horrible.

if its just a normal rice water,i do that after shampooing my hair.

your breakage is probably as a result of doing the wrong tins in the wrong way and you need a lot of patience. Natural hair aint dat easy to groom but if u follow the rules,it becomes simple.

i will like to know ur main issues with the hair. let me help.
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by olasaad(f): 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
endee1996:

Actually it all depends. if am using fermented rice water. i apply the water first and let it sit for some mins and rinse out with shampoo cos the smell is horrible.

if its just a normal rice water,i do that after shampooing my hair.

your breakage is probably as a result of doing the wrong tins in the wrong way and you need a lot of patience. Natural hair aint dat easy to groom but if u follow the rules,it becomes simple.

i will like to know ur main issues with the hair. let me help.
My hair is not natural and am a lover of DIY but since then hv stop all the natural things
Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2017
for those of you experiencing hair loss or slow growth. worry less.

you could use guava leaves water to stimulate the growth of your hair. simply boil the leaves in the pot for some minutes,allow to call and drain out the water from the leaves.
Go ahead and apply the water over your hair,gently massage ur scalp in the process. cover with a shower cap for 30mins. you can then rinse your hair with water when done or shampoo.

guava leaves has a lot of vitamins. most especially vitamin E which is an essential ingredient for the hair.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty by endee1996(f): 9:21am On Jan 14, 2017
have been so absent here and i feel bad so much things to work on bear with me lovelies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bobbi Boss Senegalese Crochet Box Braids & Twist / Top Of The Range Ladies Shoes And Sandals For Sale / I Don't Like To Take Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.