Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Hoodlums Invade New Traffic Lights In PH - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Invade New Traffic Lights In PH (496 Views)

Hoodlums Steal 150 Bags Of Garri In Bayelsa As They Invade Warehouse / Hoodlums Invade Rochas Okorocha’s House In Imo State / Gunmen Invade New Year Party In Southern Kaduna, Kill Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Invade New Traffic Lights In PH by ukenke: 4:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Governor Wike has done well in reinstalling the traffic lights in Port Harcourt especially along Aba Road. However traffic wardens and some unidentifiable men on plain clothes have turned the traffic light junctions into their merchandise extorting unsuspecting motorists.

I have observed with keen interest how these guys operate. They stand by the traffic light waiting for someone to breach the traffic light even by a second. They will quickly block the vehicle with their rickety motorcycle and then attempt to extort money from the driver. This their activities is exclusively reserved for private vehicles. Sadly, they have ripped off a lot of unsuspecting motorists. They will pretend to be on official duty with a non-functional walkie-talkie.

Just yesterday, I packed my car at a nearby eatery and went to meet 2 traffic police women by the Market Junction traffic lights and asked them if they knew those men on plain clothes and they denied them. The looks on their faces suggested that they were not sure who I was. I then went to confront the plan cloth men and wanted to know on whose order they were operating. Obviously, they could not convince me on their mission.

My message for for NLers in PH is to be on the lookout for this guys. Always exercise caution when approaching those junctions. Once the timer is getting to 4...3...2, pls stop. This has been working for me. However, with time and after gathering more evidence, appropriate authorities will be notified and this menace will stop.

Happy New year in advance.
Re: Hoodlums Invade New Traffic Lights In PH by comfortchemical: 5:23am On Dec 31, 2016
Thank you bros. They once tried to extort me at U.T.C junction.
ukenke:
Governor Wike has done well in reinstalling the traffic lights in Port Harcourt especially along Aba Road. However traffic wardens and some unidentifiable men on plain clothes have turned the traffic light junctions into their merchandise extorting unsuspecting motorists.

I have observed with keen interest how these guys operate. They stand by the traffic light waiting for someone to breach the traffic light even by a second. They will quickly block the vehicle with their rickety motorcycle and then attempt to extort money from the driver. This their activities is exclusively reserved for private vehicles. Sadly, they have ripped off a lot of unsuspecting motorists. They will pretend to be on official duty with a non-functional walkie-talkie.

Just yesterday, I packed my car at a nearby eatery and went to meet 2 traffic police women by the Market Junction traffic lights and asked them if they knew those men on plain clothes and they denied them. The looks on their faces suggested that they were not sure who I was. I then went to confront the plan cloth men and wanted to know on whose order they were operating. Obviously, they could not convince me on their mission.

My message for for NLers in PH is to be on the lookout for this guys. Always exercise caution when approaching those junctions. Once the timer is getting to 4...3...2, pls stop. This has been working for me. However, with time and after gathering more evidence, appropriate authorities will be notified and this menace will stop.

Happy New year in advance.
Re: Hoodlums Invade New Traffic Lights In PH by dotman4real007(m): 6:53am On Dec 31, 2016
those traffic police women know those men, they share their loot together.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Trending Video Two Men Fighting On The Street .... / Breaking News: CCT Trial: FG Increases Charges Against Saraki / Photo: Nigerian Navy Dismiss Officer For Possession Of 14.55kg Of Marijuana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.