Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

How Do Numbers Convert To Airtime? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Do Numbers Convert To Airtime? (811 Views)

Do You Have Excess Airtime That You Want To Convert To Cash-dm Us Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do Numbers Convert To Airtime? by amnesty7: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2016
I have always been curious as to how recharge (scratch) card numbers are converted to airtime when loaded. Same for electricity units and other similar cards. The experts in the field, kindly shed light.
Re: How Do Numbers Convert To Airtime? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2016
Recharge cards are stored in a database by the network provider, whenever you try to load it checks the database for that card and if it exists, it checks if the status is used or available, if it is available then it checks the airtime value and allocated that amount to your sim

for nepa, every prepaid machine is distinct and has a distinct meter no that isnt shared with another meter. an algorithm is designed that does some manipulation using your meter no.
so lets say you want to load 2k, it uses your meter number as a variable to run a hidden algorithm/encryption to then create a string of numbers that your meter decrypts it to get the units allocated to you.
I think you meter then stores this number somehow in its memory so that it cannot be used again..

I'm not so sure but thats what I think goes on

1 Like

Re: How Do Numbers Convert To Airtime? by chemystery: 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
If you are so curious to ask this question, why not consider a degree in Electrical/Computer Technology?

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose The Right Ceiling Fan For Your Home / Dell Latitude 5480 Available / Are Power Cuts Disturbing Your Peace Of Mind? If Yes: Then Holla 08034756502

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.