Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,437 members, 7,846,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

Whogohost Is Rubbish - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whogohost Is Rubbish (1501 Views)

Whogohost Is The Most Nonsense Hosting Company In Nigeria Here's Why / Opera Mini Is Rubbish / Whogohost Is One Of The Worst Hosting To Use: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whogohost Is Rubbish by smsglory(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
Some companies here in Nigeria start off well,but when they start to make few cash they forgot that the company is actually meant to out live them,like what foreign owned company do.

One of such is whogohost,they have been very frustrating these days,sometimes your site would be having connectivity issues.

The most recent is I upgraded my phone version and thus my site went blank giving MySQL errors ,I have sent a ticket for more than 12 hours not responds at all.

Is that not ridiculous,how on earth will I renew the domain once it expires with such services, whilst is you use a foreign owned hosting company,it takes them maximum of 30 minutes to fix the issue

Whogohost Na bad market
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by directonpc(m): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
Anybody force u to do business with them? Domains don't exactly go offline, get another hosting service provider and point ur dns to it.
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by betahost247(m): 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
smsglory:
Some companies here in Nigeria start off well,but when they start to make few cash they forgot that the company is actually meant to out live them,like what foreign owned company do.

One of such is whogohost,they have been very frustrating these days,sometimes your site would be having connectivity issues.

The most recent is I upgraded my phone version and thus my site went blank giving MySQL errors ,I have sent a ticket for more than 12 hours not responds at all.

Is that not ridiculous,how on earth will I renew the domain once it expires with such services, whilst is you use a foreign owned hosting company,it takes them maximum of 30 minutes to fix the issue

Whogohost Na bad market

Hello,

We can help you move your site to a secure location on our server if you would like to move from WhoGoHost without experiencing such issue with us.

Visit: http://www.betahost247.com.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Regards,
Adebayo Adeyemi
Beta Host Limited Support Team
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by todhost(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
I quite understand the delay in responding to the ticket sent to whogohost in this instance.
This issue is clearly not a hosting issue and so the priority is low. You ran an upgrade, if you have properly setup your phone well, you should not have issues. Besides, they are not there with you to see what you have described. Talk to them about the specific error you have received and they can find a way to help. Web hosting companies will usually not take responsibility for third party applications.
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by Neddstark: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2017
directonpc:
Anybody force u to do business with them? Domains don't exactly go offline, get another hosting service provider and point ur dns to it.

Defenders of incompetence. Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by directonpc(m): 11:16am On Jan 01, 2017
Neddstark:

Defenders of incompetence. Nonsense!!!
incompetence is sticking with whogohost after their last expensive joke. I don't use whogohost
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by smsglory(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
directonpc:

Yea,I wasn't forced,nobody is forced either.
Thanks for the advise
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by smsglory(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
todhost:
I quite understand the delay in responding to the ticket sent to whogohost in this instance.
This issue is clearly not a hosting issue and so the priority is low. You ran an upgrade, if you have properly setup your phone well, you should not have issues. Besides, they are not there with you to see what you have described. Talk to them about the specific error you have received and they can find a way to help. Web hosting companies will usually not take responsibility for third party applications.

My point here is,real time response to ticket, yesterday it took them 12 hours to reply,them another 8 to fix it.

Is this normal?
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by directonpc(m): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
smsglory:

My point here is,real time response to ticket, yesterday it took them 12 hours to reply,them another 8 to fix it.

Is this normal?
actually they should always reply even if ur question is about a third party application they should point that out. I hope whogohost will put their house in order.
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by todhost(m): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
directonpc:
actually they should always reply even if ur question is about a third party application they should point that out. I hope whogohost will put their house in order.

I will agree with you that any response time greater than 3 hours is high. However, there are times web hosting companies have issues and a whole lot of tickets are generated by customers, in such unusual circumstance, response time to tickets are actually prolonged. I have had over 24hrs wait with one of the top 10 big web hosts in the U.S market.

Not trying to defend Whogohost anyway but the fact that I understand the industry and its workings better.

Vera BI
Customer support staff
https://todhost.com
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by smsglory(m): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
todhost:

I will agree with you that any response time greater than 3 hours is high. However, there are times web hosting companies have issues and a whole lot of tickets are generated by customers, in such unusual circumstance, response time to tickets are actually prolonged. I have had over 24hrs wait with one of the top 10 big web hosts in the U.S market.

Not trying to defend Whogohost anyway but the fact that I understand the industry and its workings better.

Vera BI
Customer support staff
https://todhost.com

3 hours for a foreign host company,so so strange.
I have an unlimted Windows hosting plan with Mochahost,the longest time i can remember those guys used in solving a problem is 1 hours.

They are spot on to solving issue,they even have a technical team you can chat is online,if those one can do it, immediately they open a 2level ticket with high priority on your behalf.
Nigerian hosting will be like you should open a ticket yourself etc.

And if you say alot of folks had sent them ticket,that is why they take time to reply...It surely means they are having issues.

My BulkSms site was off for the entirety of yesterday,a top client said they would arrest me if they were not able to send their SMS....All whogohost staff were saying is they are working on it,for more than 20 hours for a simple issue.

I will keep on saying it,till the right thing is done
Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by directonpc(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2017
smsglory:

3 hours for a foreign host company,so so strange.
I have an unlimted Windows hosting plan with Mochahost,the longest time i can remember those guys used in solving a problem is 1 hours.

They are spot on to solving issue,they even have a technical team you can chat is online,if those one can do it, immediately they open a 2level ticket with high priority on your behalf.
Nigerian hosting will be like you should open a ticket yourself etc.

And if you say alot of folks had sent them ticket,that is why they take time to reply...It surely means they are having issues.

My BulkSms site was off for the entirety of yesterday,a top client said they would arrest me if they were not able to send their SMS....All whogohost staff were saying is they are working on it,for more than 20 hours for a simple issue.

I will keep on saying it,till the right thing is done
make sure u get back up hosts for your business so that u don't look like whogohost to your clients.

1 Like

Re: Whogohost Is Rubbish by todhost(m): 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
directonpc:
make sure u get back up hosts for your business so that u don't look like whogohost to your clients.

Well, we are not whogohost. Our clients are happy with our web hosting. But we like to be fair in our assessment, not drawing conclusions from the experience of just one person because his/her problem could require mush time to fix. Sometimes, the customer support staff will be unable to address the problem and will require higher level support- all of that take more time.

Vera
https:todhost.com - web hosting services in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Buy iptv For 1 Year With +5000 HD Channel / Google Adsense Texts Ads And Image Ads Which One Pays Adsense Publishers More / Naija Non Hosted Adsense For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.