Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub (3012 Views)

Apply For Jarushub Career Advancement Programme For Fresh & Unemployed Graduates / Jarushub Is Looking For An Intern / Jarushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jarus(m): 12:16am On Jan 01, 2017
otunbacarter:

So how does the exposure come if the assistant is idle 90 percent of the time

If as a young man you watch your boss coach graduates preparing for different top companies interviews 3 times in a month, tell me you're not indirectly learning how to take interviews yourself. And if interview for better job opprtunities come, you won't have become familiar with interview tricks/tips.

That's an integral part of the exposure. Witnessing interview coaching at least thrice a month.

4 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jarus(m): 12:20am On Jan 01, 2017
Trust me, we're doing the person a favour. He would gain far more than he will give us. It is not for nothing that all the 3 past holders of this position idolise us for the change the brought to their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by AZeD1(m): 1:49am On Jan 01, 2017
Libber:

You guys are taking advantage of the increase in unemployment in the country to recruit people into slavery, The organization need to repent from their wicked act.

1) Nobody is forcing anybody to take the job.
2) The employer has stated how much he is willing to pay, its left for people to decide if its worth their time.
3) You have no idea if the company is making money but you have already castigated the company
4) There are peeps willing to work for free just to get experience
5) There are people with salaries of 50k and above but they have not been paid for 6 months or more self..........

2 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 01, 2017
Nairalanded:

Stop acting superfluous! Is this a question of measuring the amount of work done or about you making it seem like well established firms rarely employ ND holders. Crappy employers like you Jarus make it sound like you are doing job seekers so much of a favour when anyone you employ is also doing your company a favour as well by offering their services to your company.

Great firms around the world have excelled because they valued the worth of employees and not like yours, with your type of mindset no wonder your firm is still a start up till now. Why not give the job to one of your siblings or relatives instead?
Did you ever consider the income of JARUSHUB as a firm and it's overhead? If they earn enough to pay more than N15,000 or not? You won't expect a pay that is above what the company can afford, would you? Besides, He also clearly stated that the opening will be favourable to those in yaba, hence, proximity won't be an issue, which in turn means lesser transportation cost. Blue chip firms that pay 6 figures earn more than enough, and i can tell you for a fact that the so called 6 figures being paid are actually peanuts when compared to the inflow of these organisations and the workload.

As for his staffs crossing over to bigger firms, he only stated that to bring to the notice of whoever is interested that there are other non-financial benefits, i don't see anything wrong in that. With all due respect bruv, This was an harmless post, since you don't have the information to dissect the firm it is better to let it be. Happy new year
Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by nlanded: 5:42am On Jan 01, 2017
Thavybe:
Did you ever consider the income of JARUSHUB as a firm and it's overhead? If they earn enough to pay more than N15,000 or not? You won't expect a pay that is above what the company can afford, would you? Besides, He also clearly stated that the opening will be favourable to those in yaba, hence, proximity won't be an issue, which in turn means lesser transportation cost. Blue chip firms that pay 6 figures earn more than enough, and i can tell you for a fact that the so called 6 figures being paid are actually peanuts when compared to the inflow of these organisations and the workload.

As for his staffs crossing over to bigger firms, he only stated that to bring to the notice of whoever is interested that there are other non-financial benefits, i don't see anything wrong in that. With all due respect bruv, This was an harmless post, since you don't have the information to dissect the firm it is better to let it be. Happy new year

I get your points, no one can dictate to him what he pays his staff but Nigerians are just reacting to the pay stated, we have a right to do that, why do you think countries come up with minimum pay?

Even if the candidate is close to Yaba, its still bad enough to be paid like just N700 per days' work especially when you juxtapose the duties involved in this job with the pay. If a candidate takes up a no paying job for experience its a different thing entirely.

Lastly, what's appalling is how Jarushub is sounding cocky and over flogging the issue that he is doing the person to be employed so much of a favour, with all the duties the employee would be doing as stated in the job advert isn't the employee doing his company a big favour by offering them his/her service as well? That's the mindset that's annoying here, and that's what can never be tolerated!

4 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jarus(m): 7:13am On Jan 01, 2017
Thavybe:

Thanks bro. Sometimes, we don't even make up to 30k per month. We have to pay for rent (annual), fuel (weekly), office Internet (monthly), online adverts (sometimes), sundry office running expenses (cleaner fee, stationeries etc). And here is someone telling us to use all our monthly income to pay an Admin Assistant.

2 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jarus(m): 7:27am On Jan 01, 2017
Nairalanded:

I get your points, no one can dictate to him what he pays his staff but Nigerians are just reacting to the pay stated, we have a right to do that, why do you think countries come up with minimum pay?

Even if the candidate is close to Yaba, its still bad enough to be paid like just N700 per days' work especially when you juxtapose the duties involved in this job. If a candidate takes up a no page job for experience its a different thing entirely.

Lastly, what's appalling is how Jarushub is sounding cocky and over flogging the issue that he is doing the person to be employed so much of a favour, with all the duties the employee would be doing as stated in the job advert isn't the employee doing his company a big favour by offering them his/her service as well? That's the mindset that's annoying here, and that's what can never be tolerated!

You were the one that started overflogging the issue. It is the same post you read that someone had to put perspective to, for you to understand.

Most of what you called "all the duties" are what can be done within 5 minutes - log in to Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter to share our post. And I have even told you we don't even get 2 customer enquiries in a week. Picking 1-minute call per week (4 times in a month) is no big job!

He runs my calendar on Whatsapp (A simple message: Jarus, don't forget your training in office on Saturday, is all he needs do). And I may not even have any training to do in a month.

The only semblance of hard job there is setting up the office when we have trainings (To put on projector). And we didn't have a single training in December, for instance. I never had cause to step into that office throughout December. Was there less than 10 times in 2016.

So you don't know our job more than us.

5 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2017
Jarus:

You were the one that started overflogging the issue. It is the same post you read that someone had to put perspective to, for you to understand.

Most of what you called "all the duties" are what can be done within 5 minutes - log in to Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter to share our post. And I have even told you we don't even get 2 customer enquiries in a week. Picking 1-minute call per week (4 times in a month) is no big job!

He runs my calendar on Whatsapp (A simple message: Jarus, don't forget your training in office on Saturday, is all he needs do). And I may not even have any training to do in a month.

The only semblance of hard job there is setting up the office when we have trainings (To put on projector). And we didn't have a single training in December, for instance. I never had cause to step into that office throughout December. Was there less than 10 times in 2016.

So you don't know our job more than us.
Is far more than that,and I know these duties are just the few they can mention when the person start working more will be added to it,if you know you are not feeling guilty why did you bold the reason of paying 15k ,my dear that position deserve far more than that,if you know you are not capable you do the job since you say is easy,even secondary school dropout can't take 15k,not to talk of an ond graduate, not fair at all

2 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jarus(m): 10:06am On Jan 01, 2017
Libber:

Is far more than that,and I know these duties are just the few they can mention when the person start working more will be added to it,if you know you are not feeling guilty why did you bold the reason of paying 15k ,my dear that position deserve far more than that,if you know you are not capable you do the job since you say is easy,even secondary school dropout can't take 15k,not to talk of an ond graduate, not fair at all

It's not a sign of guilty, it's to let them know the bigger reward is non-financial.

When you set up your own business that makes 30k per month, you can pay your assistant the whole 30k and borrow to settle other office costs

1 Like

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jarus(m): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2017
Our outgoing Admin Assistant is here praising us for what he learned from us that got him a better job, aand you're here cursing us on his behalf

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Gerrard59(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2017
If only some folks can understand that you cannot pay more than what you make.

Truth is: Jarushub as a startup cannot pay more than she makes. It's tantamount to making losses. Heck, most start-ups make losses and have never made profits since they existed. An example is Uber - even though they're worth more than $40BN. From my research, most of the employees are newly graduated individuals, youth corps members. What other means to gain an invaluable experience than working for a firm like Jarushub whose founder is well-respected and known?

Additionally, I've a friend who just graduated from Uniuyo who intends working with Mark Essien for FREE. Why? He needs the exposure, experience, contacts etc.

Moreover, the job looks quite easy as most duties are performed online - more like working from home. Is not to login and make, edit posts? Honestly, knowing who the founder is and his clout, I won't mind working with him pro bono. The inclusion in your CV is priceless. Which corporate big-gun doesn't know Mr. Suraj?

Someone mentioned that the firm is "proud" to letting her employees leave. PwC, KPMG and even Facebook have said it countless times that they are proud that their employees leave for other ventures and are happy they started at the firms. Heck, even Dominic Barton of McKinsey and Company said they actively encourage people to leave and try others. He even said working with one firm forever is odd in today's fast paced environment.

At the end of the day, everyone has the prerogative. Use it.

3 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Jabia(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2017
Hello Jarus

I've followed you closely on Nairaland for 4 years running. I appreciate your insights and all the help you've provided for vulnerable graduates over the years.

Over time though, I've learnt its better to promise little and deliver much. To emphasize the positives of the position, you've made what I consider to be errors (in posting?). You've inferred that National Diploma can only make peanuts as salaries. We both know how untrue that is (Oil and Gas, FMCG ring bells?). You've also inferred severally that you are doing your prospective employee a favour. While you probably didn't mean to demean said person, you have. Employment is a two way street, if you didn't need said persons skills you wouldn't advertise. Remember, the Gates, Winfrehs, and Buffets NEVER emphasise how much their employees stand to benefit from them.

I actually think this position is an attractive one. Like a previous poster said, its everybodys prerogative to decide if they'd apply or not.

Cheers,

Jabia

4 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2017
Jarus:
Our outgoing Admin Assistant is here praising us for what he learned from us that got him a better job, aand you're here cursing us on his behalf

Jarus let it go
it is two sides of a coin. you are looking at it from the employer perspective, he is looking at it from the employee perspective

alot of us have experienced the same thing where an employer is almost saying you should be paying me for the experience - we have also seen lot of employers who will say there is no money while diverting company income to their personal expenses

in the same vein, a lot of employees are oblivious to the reality that a company may not be making money, or they may just not care.

let it go

7 Likes

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Pojomojo: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2017
Nairalanded:

Do you live in a cave or are you just being a pathetic liar? I would give you an example of an established company - banks, they recruit ND holders for teller positions and the least pay is 60K. Lots of well established firms recruit ND holders.
lol! 60k bank!
Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
Jabia:
Hello Jarus

You've inferred that National Diploma can only make peanuts as salaries. We both know how untrue that is (Oil and Gas, FMCG ring bells?).

Cheers,

Jabia

oil and gas/fcmg are not the standard to use in this case. by your argument, being a driver is also a great job [we were once paying our bus drivers as much as 300k per month].

Libber:

feel free to sit at home doing nothing because you are under the illusion that a degree automatically guarantees a good paying job. some people get good jobs straiht out of school, others take years. my first job paid 20k or thereabouts, and it was not constant.

1 Like

Re: Administrative Assistant Needed At Jarushub by davide470(m): 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sigh!

So many uncouth comments!

Apply if you are interested, if not, move on with your life!

2 Likes

(1) (2)

Pecalian Massive Recruitment / I Need The 2017 Online Ecowas Job Application Form, Pls Assist Me With The Form / 2017 Shell Oil And Gas Postgraduate Scholarship (all Nigerians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.