Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine (1506 Views)

Physiotherapist, Radiologist Needed For Employment / A Radiologist And A Lab Scientist Needed / In Need Of Radiologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2007
A Lagos-based medical science laboratory has a vacancy for a scanning
machine consultant.Person must have at least one year working
experience. the renumeration package is on a contract/profit sharing
basis and not a salary package. Interested persons should send their
written application with their C.Vs' attached to
afabiyi@legacyrealties.com. And to the moderator, i think u r really
doing a good job here. Thumbs up.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by naijacutee(f): 12:46am On Jan 12, 2007
I'm a student radiographer and I'm quite proficient with radiographic equipment. (CR/DR). I'm currently training in CT and will move on to ultrasound by the summer. Any hope for me once I'm qualified?
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 1:36am On Jan 12, 2007
if you then just send an e-mail to the radiographer and wait to be called for an interview. Good luck.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by naijacutee(f): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2007
Ok, I'm not looking for employment at the moment. I was just wondering what sort of prospects I'd have when/if I decide to come back to Nigeria to work.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2007
Check with me when u want to come back, am actually working for Microsoft, based in Redmond, WA as a QA engineer. However i plan to go home at some point, establish my company through various network and help nigeria
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by rukky82(f): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2007
Its really nice to hear from radiographers/radiologists.I currently work as a radiographer in a hospital on the island dat pays close to 80,000monthly but am thinking of living the profession.Why?YOU WULD ASK?simply because as a radiographer am not fulfilled in nigeria, av been doing the same thing since 2003 wen i left school, there is no avenue for growth and no training .Its basically the same press button technique.Even though am registered with Health proessions council in U.K,i am kind of reluctant to move over cos i believe i have better oppourtunities in Nigeria and i intend to use my registration for getting jobs during my vacation in u.k.
So guess wat?am cutting out of the profession to explore other arears?so dear g-friend i suggest you stay strictly in the u.k wen ure through with schooling cos new and modern radiological equipment is rear in Nigeria and you have better chances in u.k unless if you get a job with ONE OF ALL THESE OIL COMPANIES IN THEIR HOSPITALS(YOU GET TO ATTEND TO MAX 5 PATIENTS IN A DAY) OR IN QHSE.
All the best.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2007
80K is a lot of money for a person living in Nigeria per month. So stay tight and use it well,
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by rukky82(f): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2007
Yah,it seems alot but i can earn more ansd as well add value to myself doing something else.Although at times its not all about the money,its about growth,acquiring knowledge and fullfillment.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2007
rukky82:

Yah,it seems alot but i can earn more ansd as well add value to myself doing something else.Although at times its not all about the money,its about growth,acquiring knowledge and fullfillment.
My friend listen, if you want to go abroad to work and improve that’s a good thing but here are few things to consider:

- The more you make, the more you spend (Its almost very difficult to save)
- Get ready to be in debt for the rest of your life (You must get a credit card)
- The radiology equipment abroad maybe more challenging than the ones your are used to.
- They will not be willing to train you on the tools; you are expected to know them prior to employment.
- You may be required to get medical Certification to work as a radiologist.
- These certification cost quiet high just like in Pham, surgery and more.
- There are corporate world working culture that you can only understand by working there
- Get ready to face working racial discrimination
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by rukky82(f): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2007
oke-amu, ineva mentioned anything about going abroad to work, i only said dat i would use my HPC registration to work on vacations.Sweetheart i av done my homework well and i know that Nigeria still has enough resources and oppourtunities to be tapped , just not in radiography for me.
So prob there was a kind of ambiguity in my staement and i apologise for dat.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2007
rukky82:

oke-amu, ineva mentioned anything about going abroad to work, i only said that i would use my HPC registration to work on vacations.Sweetheart i av done my homework well and i know that Nigeria still has enough resources and oppourtunities to be tapped , just not in radiography for me.
So prob there was a kind of ambiguity in my staement and i apologise for that.

Sweetheart, thanks for that information and let me know if there is a way i can help you. I am glad you still belive in Nigeria. I myself is a big Naija man. Once my contract expires with these corporate companies here in the US, I will take off sometime to initiate investment in nigeria.
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by onimex: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2007
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color] its great to see that some people still believe i naija!, i still do too., but its always better to go out and get some international exposure, improve your skills and stuff like that. i am a surgical trainee here in naija. i plan to travel out to get some experience come back here and use dat to help my country, for some cash! if you can afford it!!!!!!!! grin
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by Okeamu1(m): 3:28am On Jan 19, 2007
No one will higher you for surgery in the US. Its something that you can only get after a very strict process. The money to invest in the process is one of the biggest draw back to most people. Even pharm and dentistry are all rocketed
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by naijacutee(f): 9:49am On Jan 19, 2007
Thanks Rukky for enlightening me on the situation. I intend using my qualifications as back-up, as I am interested in doing other things in Nigeria. So if you don't mind, is your pay enough for you to pay rent, eat, and travel to work everyday? How do you get to work? - By your own transport or by public transport? Are you able to save any money at all? I'm just trying to get a basic overview, please pardon me for being nosey.

Oke amu, when are you going back to Nigeria? A few months? 5 years? 10 years?
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by rukky82(f): 10:54am On Jan 19, 2007
Naijacutie,the pay is o.k but i personally still live with my parents and i dont have a car yet.Not that i cant afford a small tokunbo car but i plan to get one later this year.I really am more into investing.
But with 960,000 per annum, you should be able to get a decent accomodation for 180-200k a year,a small tokunbo car dats still clean for like 450k and feeding should be around 50,000.so you could do ure calculations from there.
My advice is dat u shld acquire as much knowledge as u can (think of something related to oil and gas prob QHSE or management)then  u wuld av a better edge. grin
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by toyosuf(f): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2007
oke amu,pls i nid a job urgently.aw can i get in touch wt u.my email is toyinadetoro@yahoo.com.try n get in touch pls.am a graduate.tanks kiss
Re: A Radiologist Or An Expert In The Operation Of A Scanning Machine by harristoc: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
well still on my study as a radiographer. any hop 4 me. if yes then alert me on haduluwa@yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

Ddb Lagos Vacancies - Any News? / Smedan Apptitude Test / Fmc Bida Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.