Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Just One Day - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just One Day (602 Views)

5 Job Position At Jobhooked Just One Click You Get The Job Very Fast / This Biz Fetched 4 Nairalanders N40,000 Each In Just One Day. Check It Out / N750,000 Contract For Just One Graphic Designer... In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just One Day by seye4God: 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
Just One-Day……………………………….Death! Death!! Death!!!

Death means an end to something. When life comes to an end i.e. end of the living.

I, the writer, and my fellow readers would one-day give up the ghost and the spirit will return to the owner – God. Death is inevitable they say. God created man and man built other non-living things through the inspiration of God. Just one-day, it is a most that everything on earth either created by God or built by man to perish, though, the second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year are not known to man.

Our measurement is 6-feet as we all know. What shall it be the profit of a man when he knows his measurement? No matter how rich, famous, socialized, important, prominent, intelligent, qualified, experienced, handsome, beautiful, generous, Godly, trustworthy, and spiritual someone is, he must die one-day and the body would be discarded in the pit. Imagine burying a well-known and respectable person in the pit where he/she would never pray to stand let alone of sitting when alive……….all is vanity – vanity upon vanity.

Whenever I listen to Lara George’s song “Ijoba Orun”, my spirit moves and I get thinking instantly. Oh God! My family, relatives, friends, businesses, and how the judgement day will look like. Though, it is not possible for man to sit at home and do nothing. You must do something for living. Wealthy man builds mansions, buys expensive and gigantic cars, buys private jets – if he can afford it or get the money through other means best known to us, travel all over the world but just one-day death will deny him of these funs and would be buried like a common man except if his relatives want to waste dough for the ground to swallow. Board a plane with rich men and see how they feel if the aircraft enters gallop.

I would never forget the day we lost a beloved in-law. On that fateful day, after she had prepared all the food provisions for her evening market; she then complained of a slight headache. Her husband hurriedly went to buy her a quick relief drug but met her remaining helpless on the bed…just common headache, …he shouted her name without any response. She was buried same day according to Islamic rite and the food stuffs she intended to sell at the market were used to entertain all available guests on seat. Her husband thought it was a dream. It took some months before he recovered from the shock…, death bury death.

Wow!!! Knowledge has increased. The world has become a global village and everywhere is computerized. Some of our youths are misusing the opportunity. I receive at least two dubious mails daily. Nude clubs in Lagos strictly meant for beautiful ladies, patronized by big-men in town, all for money sake – those ladies have lost their morale values. Some ladies will never joke with their bodies let alone of parading them at such noxious places. Youths need to always remember that great day when death would knock at the door. Though, no one prays to die young.

In one of the matches played in Nigeria during the just concluded Under17 FIFA World Cup, there was a fan I saw on air carrying a placard that bears “Nigeria is a great country but our leaders are pharaohs”.

• President or Governor…………just one-day
• Vice President or Deputy Governor………… just one-day
• Ministers or Perm Secretaries………… just one-day
• Senators or Representatives………… just one-day
• Lawmakers or Commissioners…………just one day
• Chairmen or Councillors…………just one day
• Policeman or Military Personnel…………just one day
• CEO or security men…………just one day
• Pastors or Imams…………just one day

Man is made with the sand of the ground, and must definitely go back to the ground where he comes from. Prof., Engr., Dr., MBA, ICAN, B.Sc. HND, Evangelist, Deaconess, Alhaji, Alhaja, whatever our qualifications or job titles are, the ground is furiously waiting to swallow them. We must remember that great day. So, fear God and despises corruption………, JUST ONE DAY.

Good people……….Great Nation.

Ige, Oluwaseye
seye4God@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / Want To Earn Some Money Been An Affiliate For A Website Coy? / Aviareps Airline & Tourism Management Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.