Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. (2026 Views)

Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering / Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? / Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
hello my fellow educationists, some time 2014, i finished my OND from one of the federal polys, i wanted to further to get a degree, i wrote jamb since i couldn't wait for the 1 year industrial training to elapse before i could use my OND for direct entry, so i wrote jamb while in ND2 and gained admission to study geology in a federal Uni.

N.B i studied computer engineering in the poly.

i am currently in 300L now studying geology, but i always feel there is a need to go back to computing, i actually have passion there, geology was the only option for me to gain university admission then, thats why i accepted it.

my questions are these, is it possible i do i.t related program in masters, would i be employed in i.t field if i do it or i need to undergo post graduate diploma before i can master in any i.t field.

note also that switching to computer engineering is not an option at this time.

i also feel there is more job prospects in the i.t arena than the geology.

should i opt in for national open university or go for my Hnd after here? what programs and certifications do i need to obtain to become relevant in this field. note, i love computer hard ware engineering, not necessarily software but information technology will be alright.

please some one help clear my head before i loose it
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Eduset(m): 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
Both are hot cake, we urge to continue with ur geology
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
Eduset:
Both are hot cake, we urge to continue with ur geology

thanks for your contribution.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by silentachieverr(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
Computer engineering please. There are more career opportunities on that path in Nigeria than in Geology.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
silentachieverr:
Computer engineering please. There are more career opportunities on that path in Nigeria than in Geology.

thank you boss for your concern.

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by trilobite: 12:20am On Jan 02, 2017
wow!! had log in to answer you oh!! lol.
this is a very tough one.

look, abroad, geology has the upper hand as petroleum geologists are almost well paid as doctors over there.

But the Nigerian recession means oil companies are no longer recruiting, and the borehole business is now very congested.

computer engineering is very cool but the HND Bsc segregation is a big hindrance in the labour market.

you need to evaluate your current capabilities and contemplate how you will cope in either field after graduation.

that is: where will the job opportunity cone from?
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Lakeside2134: 8:24am On Jan 02, 2017
Guys please I'm faced with a similar dilemma
I wanted to study architecture but my school gave me surveying and geoinformatics.
So should i continue with surveying and geoinformatics or should i write jamb again and switch back to architecture
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
trilobite:
wow!! had log in to answer you oh!! lol.
this is a very tough one.

look, abroad, geology has the upper hand as petroleum geologists are almost well paid as doctors over there.

But the Nigerian recession means oil companies are no longer recruiting, and the borehole business is now very congested.

computer engineering is very cool but the HND Bsc segregation is a big hindrance in the labour market.

you need to evaluate your current capabilities and contemplate how you will cope in either field after graduation.

that is: where will the job opportunity cone from?

sorry, just seeing your contribution.
i must say its a very intelligent one. thank you sire.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
Lakeside2134:
Guys please I'm faced with a similar dilemma
I wanted to study architecture but my school gave me surveying and geoinformatics.
So should i continue with surveying and geoinformatics or should i write jamb again and switch back to architecture

i once had an encounter with that course, its nice and promising as there is no crowed yet in there, architecture is better but only with professionalism before you can earn a dime as there are many architects already, both professional and unprofe..... i will advice you take the surveying very seriously, maybe, write another jamb if you so desire...
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:26am On Jan 03, 2017
Now those geology student we Come to tell us about petroleum as if they can work without a computer... Hmmm
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Geology. Help Me Please. by Lakeside2134: 5:24am On Jan 03, 2017
vowsng:

i once had an encounter with that course, its nice and promising as there is no crowed yet in there, architecture is better but only with professionalism before you can earn a dime as there are many architects already, both professional and unprofe..... i will advice you take the surveying very seriously, maybe, write another jamb if you so desire...

Okay thanks for your advice

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Reviewed Syllabus And Hot Topics For All Subjects / 2018 JAN/FEB WAECGCE Expo / Runz /runs/questions And Answers / NASU Suspends Ongoing Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.