Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Engine Shut Down When In Motion. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Shut Down When In Motion. (2095 Views)

My Car Over Heats In Motion But Very Normal In Heavy Traffic / Mercedes-benz EQA In Motion / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
@Gazzuzz

MY Corolla 1.8 wants frustrate my waka this holidays., sometime in Early December 2016 I was in traffic due to the long engine idling, I turned it off when started the next time and moved a little it went of. I thought I had released the clutch to quickly and it went off so I noticed that the CHECK ENGINE , ABS, BATTERY AND AIRBAG LIGHT wasn't, showing up as normal during ignition. But radio and lights with windows were working well. After pushing it out of the way and touching many things it later came up.

So today I wanted to go and trail one babe in my villa just after pickup one I offered a lift. Gobe that same experience happened again Kai. I said to myself I hope this babe and her sister aren't witches. I started touching the battery heads which where tight few minutes later it came up. Thats when they decided to step out waiting for bike. So I dropped them halfway.

Now I turned to my own destination, I will be moving all of a sudden I will lose power and especially @ strategic places.

Dunno Why this happening ooo. What's the explanation for this.

Dunno if it's security issue or a place thats losing power contact. But somehow if I touch the positive battery terminal that has Earthing connected to it, it comes up.

This shouldn't happen when am traveling back to PH.
THANK GOD IT DIDN'T HAPPEN WHEN I TRAVELED TO Benue last Tuesday and came back same day.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by mayor2013: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2017
What year is your corolla? Your car's problem could be a short to ground. Your ride is obd2 compliant. Run a scan on your powertrain system. If you are in lagos come in for a free scan offer expires by 5pm 5th of January 2017.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by Kjnwancaro: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
snipesdam:
@Gazzuzz

MY Corolla 1.8 wants frustrate my waka this holidays., sometime in Early December 2016 I was in traffic due to the long engine idling, I turned it off when started the next time and moved a little it went of. I thought I had released the clutch to quickly and it went off so I noticed that the CHECK ENGINE , ABS, BATTERY AND AIRBAG LIGHT wasn't, showing up as normal during ignition. But radio and lights with windows were working well. After pushing it out of the way and touching many things it later came up.

So today I wanted to go and trail one babe in my villa just after pickup one I offered a lift. Gobe that same experience happened again Kai. I said to myself I hope this babe and her sister aren't witches. I started touching the battery heads which where tight fees minutes it came up. Thats when they decided to step out waiting for bike. So I dropped them halfway.

Now I turned to my own destination, I will be moving all of a sudden I will lose power and especially @ strategic places.

Dunno if it's security issue or a place thats losing power contact. But somehow if I touch the positive battery terminal that has Earthing connected to it, it comes up.

THANK GOD IT DIDN'T HAPPEN WHEN I TRAVELED TO Benue last Tuesday and came back same day.

Your Rep don spoil grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
do not waste your time on a scan, it will reveal nothing. Drive to the locan village mechanic or electrician, have them wash/clean your battery contacts and have them re-tightened.

3 Likes

Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
do not waste your time on a scan, it will reveal nothing. Drive to the locan village mechanic or electrician, have them wash/clean your battery contacts and have them re-tightened.

Thanks for the Tip. I losed the battery terminals used wire brush to clean them up and made sure the ground cable/ main cable is wrapped together firmly with pliers. Then tighten them back in.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

it's still happening ooo. I have even loosen cleaned the ground cable connected to the body of the car. Dunno what to do.

It took 45mins to get to Owerri from mbaise for a 15mins drive.

What do I do.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by honmusa(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2017
snipesdam:
@Gazzuzz

So today I wanted to go and trail one babe in my villa just after pickup one I offered a lift. Gobe that same experience happened again Kai. I said to myself I hope this babe and her sister aren't witches. I started touching the battery heads which where tight few minutes later it came up. Thats when they decided to step out waiting for bike. So I dropped them halfway.

You actually need confirm if the particular issue you are encountering has to do with your car losing performance I.e not delivering enough power or you're car is going off outrightly or both issue .
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2017
honmusa:

You actually need confirm if the particular issue you are encountering has to do with your car losing performance I.e not delivering enough power or you're car is going off outrightly or both issue .

It's delivering enough power. I traveled to Enugu obollo Afor close Benue last Tuesday with same car and came back same day no issues. This began happening frequently since two days now.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by Readonee35L(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
You need to stop driving that car till you get a solution. Else you'd damage your cars electronic system.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by Kashif(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2017
Intermittent problems could be a pain in the butt even for a seasoned tech.

Many factors could be responsible for this. A man who is at home with auto electricals needs to spend some time on the car, starting with the fuse boxes.

Good luck.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by tripoli007(m): 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
You need to visit a kazeem asap
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 05, 2017
So here's my diagnosis.

You have a loose connection at a major ground connection.

Have you done any work lately? If so retrace the work done. Otherwise, if the car is still somewhat original then look up the diagram online and use that to guide you on your grounding points.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 10:01am On Jan 07, 2017
Wells
Kashif:
Intermittent problems could be a pain in the butt even for a seasoned tech.

Many factors could be responsible for this. A man who is at home with auto electricals needs to spend some time on the car, starting with the fuse boxes.

Good luck.

Thanks man I called two good electricians in PH and they both told me check the fuses. So opened up the fuse box in the engine room, pulled out the small fuses 10, 15 and 30amps one after another checking them and adding a wire to it if necessary. So I identified two fuses which when pulled out the CHECK ENGINE AND BATTERY light goes off. I think that's where the issue was coming from. So fastened it back in tight.

This was done with the ignition On so I could isolated the trouble fuse.

Drove around for 15mins no issues. Am back to base for hustling in PH. NO issues on the road.

Thanks for all your contributions.

Note it was never a ground cable issue.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2017
snipesdam:
Wells

Thanks man I called two good electricians in PH and they both told me check the fuses. So opened up the fuse box in the engine room, pulled out the small fuses 10, 15 and 30amps one after another checking them and adding a wire to it if necessary. So I identified two fuses which when pulled out the CHECK ENGINE AND BATTERY light goes off. I think that's where the issue was coming from. So fastened it back in tight.

Drive around for 15mins no issues. Am back to base for hustling in PH. NO issues on the road.

remove that wire, clean corroded contacts. Fuses are there for a reason.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by honmusa(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2017
snipesdam:
Wells

Drove around for 15mins no issues. Am back to base for hustling in PH. NO issues on the road.

Your car has been kazeemised !!!!
What is the essence of adding wire to a small fuse done by so- called best electrician in PH,doing so has already defeated it main purpose of protecting your circuit ,and why isolate the issue by removing a fuse instead of drilling down to resolve the issue.That is totally inappropriate and unacceptable procedure of troubleshooting cos your electrician are working blindly.
For your information ,any fuse removed is a source of power source to other circuits in your car so your issue seemly resolved has already opened door to fresh issues so please don't complain if u start getting fresh issues.
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
honmusa:

Your car has been kazeemised !!!!
What is the essence of adding wire to a small fuse done by so- called best electrician in PH,doing so has already defeated it main purpose of protecting your circuit ,and why isolate the issue by removing a fuse instead of drilling down to resolve the issue.That is totally inappropriate and unacceptable procedure of troubleshooting cos your electrician are working blindly.
For your information ,any fuse removed is a source of power source to other circuits in your car so your issue seemly resolved has already opened door to fresh issues so please don't complain if u start getting fresh issues.

You're just a pain in the Ass. If you read carefully I rigged the wire, I fixed it with instructions.. Watch your tone!

I already plans to buy new fuses to replace the bad ones. Thanks to GAZZUZZ.

1 Like

Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by honmusa(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
snipesdam:

You're just a pain in the Ass. If you read carefully I rigged the wire, I fixed it with instructions.. Watch your tone!

I already plans to buy new fuses to replace the bad ones. Thanks to GAZZUZZ.
sorry sir I won't say anything again !!!!
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by Kashif(m): 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
snipesdam:
Wells

Appears you are getting a hang on it, but I dont think it is uhuru yet. If you flip the fuse box cover, you will see the ID of all the fuses.

If you need to replace any fuse, ensure you use the exact rating. No wires. Good luck!
Re: Engine Shut Down When In Motion. by snipesdam(m): 3:04am On Jan 08, 2017
Kashif:

Appears you are getting a hang on it, but I dont think it is uhuru yet. If you flip the fuse box cover, you will see the ID of all the fuses.

If you need to replace any fuse, ensure you use the exact rating. No wires. Good luck!

Gracias Amigo

(1) (Reply)

Does Mercury Villager 1998 - 2000 Use Spare Parts Of Nissan Quest? / Height Control Problem For Land Rover Discovery 3 SE (2007 Model) / Car Hesitates When Engine Is Cold And 'groans' When Moving In Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.