Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? (1231 Views)

Airtel Launches New Data Plan N1,500 For 7gb And N2,500 For 11gb / Airtel 4GB Data Bonus Useable Only On 4G Network. What A Waste. / Airtel Unveils 11gb For N2000 And 22gb For N3000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by invincible560(m): 8:28am On Jan 02, 2017
One important thing have noticed lately on andrioid devices is the memory space. Insufficient space can be frustrating as it slows the phone down. Have you ever noticed this when you are about buying your dream phone? Browsing through the specification, and you came across internal memory 16GB, or 32GB and you are like wow!! this is cool "I'll be able to save more videos and some personal stuff on it" But aftering getting the phone what happens? You browsed your file manager and you saw

Free space:11GB
Used:5GB

For Christ sake how have you used 5GB on a new phone. Still confused? Read along you will know where the 5GB is being used.

When manufacturer produces a phone there is need to install Os on it right? The Os is called the ROM which contains all the whole interface of the device starting from the boot system, recovery, preloader, cache, userdata, and many more. But do you know what? this ROM is installed on the same partition of the internal memory which takes up to 5GB from the total internal space. So if you have always thought of it where the used space came from! Then it is from the system ROM eating some little GB from your Partition.

Hope this post help? Take few mins of your time to share with your friends

Source:http://www.techfashy.com/2017/01/my-phone-came-with-16gb-internal-memory.html?m=1
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by lyion: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2017
do you know what, teachers does not give you the overall mark. atleast he/she has to remain some of the mark for his family.
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by itunity007(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2017
grin grin grin na ur first android phone b dat undecided U see say nobody comment cos dem see u as mumu grin ........solution........delete all d follow come file and ur 16gb go complete 'gbam'

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by ikombe: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2017
Even 50kg bag of rice no dey weigh 50kg undecided
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by Whizpeter(m): 8:43am On Jan 02, 2017
Even memory card no dey complete...
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by jerryunit48: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2017
The second guy said it all , there are Apps that came with the phone they are using the rest GB

1 Like

Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by invincible560(m): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2017
Thanks
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
itunity007:
grin grin grin na ur first android phone b dat undecided U see say nobody comment cos dem see u as mumu grin ........solution........delete all d follow come file and ur 16gb go complete 'gbam'

wrong bro,you can never have it complete except you wan make your phone no work again
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by calddon(m): 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
The 16gb is partitioned, Your system reserves some of the acclaimed total storage for its personal use; cache stuff and what have you.
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by itunity007(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Pussickpunk:

wrong bro,you can never have it complete except you wan make your phone no work again
gbam ......tell him
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by shiftback: 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
itunity007:
E still no go.complete.

Removing the OS na the only way to get 16 be dat
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by Baroba(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
shiftback:

E still no go.complete.

Removing the OS na the only way to get 16 be dat

grin when you don remove OS finish, try switching on the phone...
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by shiftback: 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Baroba:

grin when you don remove OS finish, try switching on the phone...
That's my point. You can't get 16gb/16gb and a functioning phone.
Re: My Phone Came With 16GB Internal Memory But Just 11GB Is Useable Why? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
invincible560:

One important thing have noticed lately on andrioid devices is the memory space. Insufficient space can be frustrating as it slows the phone down. Have you ever noticed this when you are about buying your dream phone? Browsing through the specification, and you came across internal memory 16GB, or 32GB and you are like wow!! this is cool "I'll be able to save more videos and some personal stuff on it" But aftering getting the phone what happens? You browsed your file manager and you saw

Free space:11GB
Used:5GB

For Christ sake how have you used 5GB on a new phone. Still confused? Read along you will know where the 5GB is being used.

When manufacturer produces a phone there is need to install Os on it right? The Os is called the ROM which contains all the whole interface of the device starting from the boot system, recovery, preloader, cache, userdata, and many more. But do you know what? this ROM is installed on the same partition of the internal memory which takes up to 5GB from the total internal space. So if you have always thought of it where the used space came from! Then it is from the system ROM eating some little GB from your Partition.

Hope this post help? Take few mins of your time to share with your friends

Source:http://www.techfashy.com/2017/01/my-phone-came-with-16gb-internal-memory.html?m=1

One word System reserved files and sometimes some records are stored for the filesystem

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Mascot Design Vote Competition / Get Your Phones Repaired PROFFESSIONALLY / Certified Refurbished Apple Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.