Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

New Birth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Birth (309 Views)

What Happens In The New Birth? Part 1 / The Indispensability Of The New Birth Experience. / What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Birth by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2017
January 2, 2017

NEW BIRTH

Dag Heward-Mills

READ: John 3:1-21

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out...
Acts 3:19

Some people are very principled and will not cheat you, even if they have the opportunity to do so. I had a friend in school like that who would just look at me with an expressionless face whenever I talked to him about Christ. I have found it more difficult to bring to Christ, someone who is principled and has good morals! Being principled is not the same as being born again.

Hard-core sinners are more aware that they need God. A young man told me, "Pastor, I can't live without prostitutes! I must visit the prostitutes at least twice a day." Such a person is more likely to think that he needs to be born again. On the other hand, a very principled person sees no reason why he must be saved. His excuse is often, "Why should I change? I am a good person."

Having good morals is not the same as being born again. I once spoke to an unbeliever, who belonged to an occult group. He told me he had been married for 17 years but had never been unfaithful to his wife, even though she could not have a child. This is a test many born-again Christians may not be able to pass. You would find that men would commonly divorce their barren wives in order to have a child. But listen, being such a moralist does not mean you are born again.

I congratulate you for your morality , but I must still inform you that you must be born again! Nicodemus was a moralist, which is why he was so surprised when Jesus told him that he needed to be born again.

Start your day with a blessing!!

Good morning

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of GOD Is At Hand! / He Controls Accommodation / Only You Can Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.