Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nigerians Abroad Don't Send Money To Invest In Business In Nigeria Oh - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Abroad Don't Send Money To Invest In Business In Nigeria Oh (1040 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Nigerians Abroad Remitted N9trn In 2018, Highest In 13 Years / How To Register Your Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad Don't Send Money To Invest In Business In Nigeria Oh by slimfit1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
We Nigerians are not people to invest in. I've come across different people with different stories yet almost similar sad story. Tell me how someone takes a loan from a bank with his white wife to invest in Nigeria and at the end the family he trusted just spend the whole money and the family are using various ways to tell him to for get about the money and not to come back to Nigeria or he is a dead man.
He can't even tell the wife what happened to the funds. She want to come to Nigeria to see how far the business have grown but he kept giving excuses because if she should find out what the family did with the money she won't be too happy.

I'm not explaining the whole story because it was confidential. Let me explain clearly to Nigerians how life works it looks like people don't understand clearly.
When you borrow a loan from the bank you pay interest for donkeys of years ok.
So we want people to send money home to start business but we end up running the business down when we see a slight profit and if it belongs to a family who lives abroad UK or US to be precise thinking he doesn't have anything else to do with money himself over there.
In the UK people take their jobs seriously and would avoid anything that will compromise there positions that includes making sure even if the company does not belong to my family or father I'll make sure it successful. Nigerians no never they would do everything to make sure the company go bankrupt thinking that someone abroad will suffer the most, not knowing that you have deprived yourself and your family of great daily income. The guy abroad won't worry about school fees and health care sometimes like we do in Nigeria.
Nigerians living abroad get discourage starting up businesses in Nigeria because our way of thinking is very bad. If we treat our own badly how are we going to treat foreigners.
If you come to the UK and US you will see companies that have been in existence for more than 100 years old because everyone there is only thinking about how it is going to be successful.
In Nigeria you can't find any company that is more than 20 years old, if you find it let the owner die the company is gone in 4 years.

if the business is booming you invest your profit again into it again not buy cars or house yet.
You have to keep investing before you start getting competitions so that you are well known and your company is fully established. I as a person can't even invest in Nigeria because everyone is a disappointment to me. Nigerians will tell you to get over it, they would tell you they are not the first person to do it. So I keep my money to myself home is where I go to sleep not where my parents come from I'm sorry heaven is my target. I help people when can help, I do my best to help I'm even doing it now. Before I can invest in Nigeria, Nigerians must change. I once told a Chinese guy not to invest in Nigeria if he doesn't intend to stay in Nigeria otherwise he would regret it and I tell you he did he said to me that was the best advice someone has ever giving him yet failed to listen.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Don't Send Money To Invest In Business In Nigeria Oh by Ademat7(m): 3:32am On Jan 03, 2017
D bad eggs hv spoil show for d good ones.by the way how can we interact
slimfit1:
We Nigerians are not people to invest in. I've come across different people with different stories yet almost similar sad story. Tell me how someone takes a loan from a bank with his white wife to invest in Nigeria and at the end the family he trusted just spend the whole money and the family are using various ways to tell him to for get about the money and not to come back to Nigeria or he is a dead man.
He can't even tell the wife what happened to the funds. She want to come to Nigeria to see how far the business have grown but he kept giving excuses because if she should find out what the family did with the money she won't be too happy.

I'm not explaining the whole story because it was confidential. Let me explain clearly to Nigerians how life works it looks like people don't understand clearly.
So we want people to send money home to start business but we end up running the business down when we see a slight profit and if it belongs to a family who lives abroad UK or US to be precise thinking he doesn't have anything else to do with money himself over there.
In the UK people take their jobs seriously and would avoid anything that will compromise there positions that includes making sure even if the company does not belong to my family or father I'll make sure it successful. Nigerians no never they would do everything to make sure the company go bankrupt thinking that someone abroad will suffer the most, not knowing that you have deprived yourself and your family of great daily income. The guy abroad won't worry about school fees and health care sometimes like we do in Nigeria.
Nigerians living abroad get discourage starting up businesses in Nigeria because our way of thinking is very bad. If we treat our own badly how are we going to treat foreigners.
If you come to the UK and US you will see companies that have been in existence for more than 100 years old because everyone there is only thinking about how it is going to be successful.
In Nigeria you can't find any company that is more than 20 years old, if you find it let the owner die the company is gone in 4 years.

if the business is booming you invest your profit again into it again not buy cars or house yet.
You have to keep investing before you start getting competitions so that you are well known and your company is fully established. I as a person can't even invest in Nigeria because everyone is a disappointment to me. Nigerians will tell you to get over it, they would tell you they are not the first person to do it. So I keep my money to myself home is where I go to sleep not where my parents come from I'm sorry heaven is my target. I help people when can help, I do my best to help I'm even doing it now. Before I can invest in Nigeria, Nigerians must change. I once told a Chinese guy not to invest in Nigeria if he doesn't intend to stay in Nigeria otherwise he would regret it and I tell you he did he said to me that was the best advice someone has ever giving him yet failed to listen.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Don't Send Money To Invest In Business In Nigeria Oh by djlaqua91(m): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2017
slimfit1:

I totally understand where you're coming from bro
Re: Nigerians Abroad Don't Send Money To Invest In Business In Nigeria Oh by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 03, 2017
Many Nigerians don't believe in sacrifice all they want is quick and easy money

(1) (Reply)

2 Day Training Workshop On "Tie-dye Business" / Nairaland Account Not Credited. Its Almost A Week Now. / Zero Capital, No Skill Needed. But Income Guaranteed. Get On Board.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.